IGNORED

Check out my thrift store find. Intellivision Keyboard still sealed

If you're going to get the books scanned, make sure it's done right:

Regular flatbed scanner could bend the spine and damage the ancient glue.

Good to know, but isn't there already scans of it around? I mean has nobody scanned the manual before?

I deprecate you, Mrs Deprekate, for this incredible stroke of luck.
Congrats!!! :)

heh, glad you caught onto the play of words. deprekate is my handle for pretty much everything. And it suits me pretty well, both as the attitude and as the coding reference.

Anyways as far as the hoax, in the other thread i posted pictures with the cardboard and foam protectory thing, which has probably never been seen before?

IMG_20160528_220248_552.jpg?psid=1

IMG_20160528_220323_423.jpg?psid=1

Edited by Deprekate

There's a scan of the instructions here http://kentrepairs.com/General/Intellivision.asp . Looks complete with the microphone. I wonder if the tape drive works.

These people had no idea what it was. One sold on ebay not too long ago. http://m.ebay.com/itm/171438918849?_mwBanner=1

What city was it found?

Edit:

I think its value would be higher if its tested and found to be working. Can the tape drive be tested with a regular blank cassestte? ... well I think you would need software and there is no built in basic.

Edited by mr_me

Wow, beyond amazing find for that price!!!

One of the ones I currently have (on loan from Intellivision Productions) has the plastic bag and cardboard keyboard protector. There are also 2 multi-layered cardboard 'end-caps' that support the sides of the KC when in the box.

I am talking to Keith about selling reproductions of the KC manual. I already have one and it turned out really nice.

You can test the functions of the tape deck using a blank tape. No need to have the BASIC cartridge installed either.

Count me as an interested potential buyer if you decide to sell.

Here's the re-packing diagram that comes with the KC, showing the cardboard pieces.

891d24e2a9b7a0dd1935e10289a31392.jpg

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

Edited by nurmix

thanks, it just sits on the shelf being lonely, waiting for the day it meets it's Intellivision keyboard mate.

Lol! If you wanted it to be with friends it could always make the trip to my underground lair and hang out with Jack Lalanne and Conversational French. :)

Wow, that's an amazing find! Wonder what the history of that item is? Where has it been all these years, and why was it never opened?

I believe the "thrift store" where I bought it from, buys storage lockers. It came in with a huge collection of other retro gaming stuff: a Vectrex, Atari with trac ball controllers, a hundred various games in boxes, and various other consoles and controllers in the boxes.. I took pictures of the cabinet the first day I came across it, but it appears my SD card died a day ago, I will see if I can get them back.

So essentially some collector down in Southern California. The only items that weren't pre NES were an Atari Lynx in the box and a Dreamcast in a gamestop-like refurb box (I bought the Dreamcast since it was in better condition than mine).

• Like 1

I believe the "thrift store" where I bought it from, buys storage lockers. It came in with a huge collection of other retro gaming stuff: a Vectrex, Atari with trac ball controllers, a hundred various games in boxes, and various other consoles and controllers in the boxes.. I took pictures of the cabinet the first day I came across it, but it appears my SD card died a day ago, I will see if I can get them back.

So essentially some collector down in Southern California. The only items that weren't pre NES were an Atari Lynx in the box and a Dreamcast in a gamestop-like refurb box (I bought the Dreamcast since it was in better condition than mine).

If it hasn't already been asked, were there any Intellivision games in the lot? Cause...there are some rare ones ;-)

Let me preface this with "I'm mostly kidding" about the hostility ;)

I hate you. Your "thrift store", in one visit, probably has more retro 80s goodness than I've seen in every single thrift store combined in my 15+ years of combing through them. Seriously - I don't even see a single video game ANYTHING in 90% of thrifts, and of the 10%, 90% of those are PS2 EA sports games. Maybe once a year, after hitting up 1-200 shops, will I find a dirty Sega Master System game or Super Mario/Duck Hunt. And once every 5 years or so, I'll actually find something worth buying.

My god, I hate people who live in California. They get literally EVERYTHING. Awesome thrift stores, storage lockers full of goodness, prototypes galore. Seriously. Goddamned Neo Geo. In a THRIFT STORE. The actual retro game stores around here don't even have Neo Geo, and when they do, it's 3-5x Ebay prices (wish I was kidding).

Making the very much jealous face right now.

I hope you've already gathered that what you're holding is worth several thousand bucks.

...My god, I hate people who live in California. They get literally EVERYTHING. Awesome thrift stores, storage lockers full of goodness, prototypes galore.

I'm a California native, and unfortunately that's not my experience these days. I had decent luck in the late '90s / early '00s - even found a few 2600 prototypes along the way. But I never encountered rare hardware - certainly never a Keyboard Component. Lot's of 2600 stuff, a decent amount of Intellivision, the occasional Colecovision game, and of course NES / Sega stuff.

These days, like you, I'm shocked if I even see PS2 EA sports games.

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

I went back and bought the rest (well most, I about 3 few that were not rare and overpriced: one was atari video checkers that was like $12.50). Anyways YES they had Intellivision games at the beginning 2 months ago, but at full price, and they list things at whatever things go for on ebay. Which is why I didnt buy the games until now, as they had 50% off all the old tags.

But hey I did pick up an INTV game today for only $3.45

IMG_20160530_170540_038.jpg?psid=1

So now I own 1/125 CIB and an Intellivision Keyboard. How would you rate my collection? ; )

• Like 5

Hopefully you can recover them, there are tools out there to try and pull file off of damaged SD cards.

http://www.howtogeek.com/232931/how-to-recover-images-off-a-corrupted-sd-card/

Ya, I think it's a hardware failure, as it only shows up as a 30MB partition. I tried using R-Studio, but nothing. It might be best that I don't recover those photos, it's better not knowing I missed out on some crazy deal (there prob wasn't, the keyboard was a fluke)

Ya, I think it's a hardware failure, as it only shows up as a 30MB partition. I tried using R-Studio, but nothing. It might be best that I don't recover those photos, it's better not knowing I missed out on some crazy deal (there prob wasn't, the keyboard was a fluke)

I think one of these opened sold for 4K, but others on here know better than I.