IGNORED

Moar Minter!

CyranoJ

What better way to celebrate finally releasing Xenon 2 than fixing a few minor bugs in Rebooteroids? Well, that and starting to work on something else :D

You can never have enough Jeff Minter, right?

post-11520-0-33226700-1464525216_thumb.png

This one will probably take a while (It was mouse only) - plus I *really* want to finish Rebooteroids.

[Edited because... SO COOL]

post-11520-0-87550000-1464525511_thumb.png

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 22

What better way to celebrate finally releasing Xenon 2 than fixing a few minor bugs in Rebooteroids? Well, that and starting to work on something else :D

You can never have enough Jeff Minter, right?

attachicon.gifgridrun.png

This one will probably take a while (It was mouse only) - plus I *really* want to finish Rebooteroids.

[Edited because... SO COOL]

attachicon.gifgridrun2.png

No such thing as too much Minter. I own consoles strictly to play Minter games.

• Like 2

Space Giraffe is awesome. It runs on Xbone now via backwards compatibility, which is nice.

I wish he'd continue to support his mobile games, even though he's not making any more (there's no money in it, he says).

You guys are making me want to set up some classic computer emulators. I do love a bit of Minter.

Even Space Giraffe???

[ducks].

Yes - that's why I initially bought my 360 :) And I finished the game which is something I never managed to do with Tempest 2000 or 3000. Great game, I don't understand the hate it gets.

• Like 3

Yes - that's why I initially bought my 360 :) And I finished the game which is something I never managed to do with Tempest 2000 or 3000. Great game, I don't understand the hate it gets.

I'll explain the hate for Space Giraffe…there's too much fsking sh*t going on the screen right in front of the action so you can't tell what the frak is going on!

I love the original arcade Tempest. I love Tempest 2000 and 3000 on the Jag and the Nuon. I love Keithen Hayenga's version of Tempest on the 5200 with the CX53 Trak-Ball controller. I love Tempest Xtreme. BUT I FSKING H8 THAT CROMDAMNED SPACE GIRAFFE!!! I may even hate it more than Xevious on the ST, and that's saying a lot. No….I got it. I hate it as much as the NES'ified port of Gyruss! Or Mat Mania Challenge on the 7800! Suffice to say, it's a hate so powerful it could pulverize Alderaan into fiery space dust.

• Like 1

I'll explain the hate for Space Giraffe…there's too much fsking sh*t going on the screen right in front of the action so you can't tell what the frak is going on!

I love the original arcade Tempest. I love Tempest 2000 and 3000 on the Jag and the Nuon. I love Keithen Hayenga's version of Tempest on the 5200 with the CX53 Trak-Ball controller. I love Tempest Xtreme. BUT I FSKING H8 THAT CROMDAMNED SPACE GIRAFFE!!! I may even hate it more than Xevious on the ST, and that's saying a lot. No….I got it. I hate it as much as the NES'ified port of Gyruss! Or Mat Mania Challenge on the 7800! Suffice to say, it's a hate so powerful it could pulverize Alderaan into fiery space dust.

Now lie down, take a deep breath and show us in this doll here where the bad man touched you.

• Like 10

I always like the aspect of the game that you would not see exactly at every point of the game what is going on, but you could feel through it once you get the hang of the game's mechanics and sound clues. I remember one of the later levels which is so fuzzy and messed up that it makes you think everything else before it was really clear to see but once you understood how to listen and react to what was going on, it was beatable. I really like that. Although I can understand why people think it is weird and don't understand it without propper instructions. I was hooked once I played it the first time on one of the Jagfests many years ago.

• Like 1

I always like the aspect of the game that you would not see exactly at every point of the game what is going on, but you could feel through it once you get the hang of the game's mechanics and sound clues. I remember one of the later levels which is so fuzzy and messed up that it makes you think everything else before it was really clear to see but once you understood how to listen and react to what was going on, it was beatable. I really like that. Although I can understand why people think it is weird and don't understand it without propper instructions. I was hooked once I played it the first time on one of the Jagfests many years ago.

Oh, I understand the mechanics. Still hate it. :)

I can respect it as an LSD simulation but not as an actual game. It's a good thing he went back to the mechanics that worked with TxK. Which reminds me, I gotta find a PSN TV dirt cheap so I can finally play it for myself.

Oh, I understand the mechanics. Still hate it. :)

I can respect it as an LSD simulation but not as an actual game. It's a good thing he went back to the mechanics that worked with TxK. Which reminds me, I gotta find a PSN TV dirt cheap so I can finally play it for myself.

I didn't mean to imply that you did not understand it, I was thinking of people in general likle friends of mine when I showed them the game and they would absolutley not know what is going on. With your level of hate, I suppose you played it a bit more than 5 minutes. ;-)

Btw I feel something from Space Giraffe oozed over into TxK since you don't instantly die when touched by an enemy, sometimes it almost feels like you can "bully" them on the edge of the grid. I really do enjoy TxK aswell and it might be the better game overall but I sure do miss the "LSD simulation" look. ;-) But in the spirit of the thread, the moar Minter, the better. ;-)

• Like 1