IGNORED

Moar Minter!

CyranoJ

Are those American chips, which Yak would call "crisps." or are they British chips, which I would call "fries?"

What if you have a PSVR and don't have any money left?

Who is more foolish, the person who spends $400 on VR gimmickry, or the fool talking about it on message boards?

Can I be a fool and not have a PSVR at all, with no plans to get one?

American chips, the original, even though I do like English "fries".

If you have a PSVR and no money left I question your ability to pay most of your bills to begin with.

Neither, VR is awesome and only fools who also thought the car would never replace the horse would make such a "foolish" comment.

Obviously from your response its clear you're a fool, but its the internet so I'll just accept it as normal.

New page, so just a reminder that VR is 'not needed'. It runs on any PS4. A pity that mine, which I ordered from Sony last week, still hasn't even shipped yet. Grrr.

As far as VR being 'gimmickry', it was in the 1990s...it's still not quite there yet, but it's way more immersive than in the past, and almost there. Almost.

(c.f. mobile phone internet, PCs needing more than 640kB of RAM, and consoles requiring optical media or internet access....all were once considered 'gimmicks').

Yes, technology marches forward -- and some is a dead end. Even the evolving tech you cite wasn't so hot at first. Like you say, I don't think we're there yet.

Which version of the technology do you want: the first one, or the best one? A wire-happy helmet with limited software support seems more like a Blackberry or iPhone 2007 edition than a mature product to me. I'll check in with a newer version of today's VR offerings if/when such a thing becomes available.

• Like 1

You're missing out and since you haven't even tried any of the latest tech I have to say you have no idea what you're talking about. Typical dinosaur thinking. Polybius is a perfect example. Without VR its an OK game, pretty fun, not nearly as good as Tempest 2K IMO. In VR, its mind blowing.

Anyway, have fun riding your horse to work.

• Like 3

its clear you're a fool

I have to say you have no idea what you're talking about. Typical dinosaur thinking.

Anyway, have fun riding your horse to work.

the neck beard in you

Golly!

I wouldn't want to be a foolish, know-nothing, dinosaur-thinking, work-horse-riding neck beard.

Not when I could be

post-2410-0-50529500-1495896714.jpg

a pudgy, wired-up shut-in! Gosh, I've been such a cotton-headed ninnymuggin.

I guess I'd better point myself at one of the many PSVR bundles selling below cost on eBay. That's always a sure sign of a hot ticket item. A few of them say, "only used once!" Obviously, that means the sellers simply weren't cool enough to handle something quite so

fucking AMAZATRON WITH A BAG OF CHIPS.

Thanks for changing my mind with your charm and persuasion!

• Like 2

Golly!

I wouldn't want to be a foolish, know-nothing, dinosaur-thinking, work-horse-riding neck beard.

Not when I could be

attachicon.gifoh MAYAman, you're so cool.jpg

a pudgy, wired-up shut-in! Gosh, I've been such a cotton-headed ninnymuggin.

I guess I'd better point myself at one of the many PSVR bundles selling below cost on eBay. That's always a sure sign of a hot ticket item. A few of them say, "only used once!" Obviously, that means the sellers simply weren't cool enough to handle something quite so

Thanks for changing my mind with your charm and persuasion!

You just won the Atari Age Jaguar Forum Post of the Year award. And let the irony of it having nothing at all to do with the Jag be lost on no one.

• Like 4

LOL I am pretty cool, thanks for that. And lets not forget that your reading comprehension is pretty non existent.

"If you own a PSVR and dont own Polybius you're a fool"

To which you went into internet neck beard avenger mode. Do you own a PSVR? You don't, so obviously you're speaking from experience, oh wait you'e not. And linking to used items and stating they sell for less than new items isn't helping your case. I mean who would have thought used items sell for less, you're an economic genius.

Sauron, its pertinent to the conversation because its a game made by Jeff Minter. The dummy quoting me even chimed in about Space Giraffe which also is not a Jaguar game, so yeah, your reasoning is pretty suspect.

But hey, at least you won post of the year award! Be sure to have it framed and displayed on your mantel, or maybe sell it on Ebay, there are tons of Super Bowl and World series rings there as well. At a discount of course.

Edited by MAYAman

Sauron, its pertinent to the conversation because its a game made by Jeff Minter. The dummy quoting me even chimed in about Space Giraffe which also is not a Jaguar game, so yeah, your reasoning is pretty suspect.

Stop getting so bent out of shape. You're both arguing about something that has strayed far from the subject of the thread. Besides, you know what they say about arguing on the internet...

arguing_zpslv8pu0lc.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Also, i wonder if Minter will have some exclusives for the Atari Box...

Hopefully it is not exclusive to the AtariBox :P

Since i doubt it will be very powerful they could play their own card in Nintendo's manner in the sense of originality but with arcade style games like Minter does. I'm sure it will have several of these at launch. I feel like it's this kind of machine.

People go to Atari for games like these like people go to Nintendo for Mario and Zelda.

• 5 months later...

Even Space Giraffe??? Space Giraffe is incredible if you play it properly. If played like tempest then it is not. I was playing it wrong for years and hated it then last year came across a video showing the bulling technique. It has quickly become one of my favourite arcade games and I wisj it was on vita it switch so I could have a portable version.

[ducks].

• 2 months later...

What better way to celebrate finally releasing Xenon 2 than fixing a few minor bugs in Rebooteroids? Well, that and starting to work on something else :D

You can never have enough Jeff Minter, right?

attachicon.gifgridrun.png

This one will probably take a while (It was mouse only) - plus I *really* want to finish Rebooteroids.

[Edited because... SO COOL]

attachicon.gifgridrun2.png

Hi I'm sure I'm going crazy but I can't seem to find the rom for Gridrunner anywhere. I'm saving for a skunkboard so was collecting as many roms together as I could. Could you point me in the right direction please. Thanks x

Hi I'm sure I'm going crazy but I can't seem to find the rom for Gridrunner anywhere. I'm saving for a skunkboard so was collecting as many roms together as I could. Could you point me in the right direction please. Thanks x

C:\JagDev\Ports\Gridrunner\GR.ROM

• Like 1