IGNORED

Retro HQ Lynx Cart Menu 1.4

GadgetUK

Thanks Gadget :)

Yes Allein is alone in German :)

So.....I renamed all my files. And made a list of what I miss. Some I recognize, some I don't anything about :D.....if there are any free programs in this list, I'd love to have some pointers to download them (I mean PD releases, homebrew/demo's.....

I understand this can't be done for the commercial titles that might still be for sale somewhere (Songbird/Telegames)

• ABL
  • Alienmus
  • Allein
  • chmprall (Championship Rally)
  • duranik
  • dynabls
  • hyperdr
  • kistensc
  • lijapan
  • luchenst
  • lynxopld
  • lynxoply
  • megapak1
  • othello
  • ouragan
  • pegsol
  • peugotd
  • poker
  • poker512
  • pokmania
  • pong
  • ponx
  • pusharou
  • remnant
  • roadrio1
  • roadrio2
  • rtype
  • sfx
  • shaken
  • shaken1
  • shaken2
  • shaken3
  • shaken4
  • shaken5
  • shaken6
  • simis
  • sokomani
  • splatter
  • trafficj
  • uberrom
  • yastuna1
  • yastuna2
Edited by Level42

Come on. Tons of silly Shaken files. They are mostly junk.

There will be a real "Shaken, not stirred" version coming up soon. I got a flu and have been coding some nice new stuff in there for the last 2 days. After the 7DRL competition the game was just a quick idea. Now I want to add some glue in between to get the story going and better graphics.

post-2099-0-39289900-1474135398_thumb.png post-2099-0-56838000-1474135695_thumb.png post-2099-0-91691100-1474135862_thumb.png

These are still pretty much placeholders. But I hope to get something playable done this time.

Edited by karri
  • Like 4

Come on. Tons of silly Shaken files. They are mostly junk.

There will be a real "Shaken, not stirred" version coming up soon. I got a flu and have been coding some nice new stuff in there for the last 2 days. After the 7DRL competition the game was just a quick idea. Now I want to add some glue in between to get the story going and better graphics.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2016-09-17 21:01:09.png attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2016-09-17 21:07:52.png attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2016-09-17 21:10:25.png

These are still pretty much placeholders. But I hope to get something playable done this time.

There are only so many because I have all the different versions on my SD card =D I look forward to a final release =D

• Like 1

The preview image file format is the raw pixel data produced by the Lynx sprite packer (I did include the packer with a utility to feed it with 4 bit bitmaps), it's knocking around on a thread somewhere. The resolution is 160 x 102. You would need to create 4 bpp (16 colour) 160 x 102 images and then feed them through my utility to produce the .lsd file.

The preview image file format is the raw pixel data produced by the Lynx sprite packer (I did include the packer with a utility to feed it with 4 bit bitmaps), it's knocking around on a thread somewhere. The resolution is 160 x 102. You would need to create 4 bpp (16 colour) 160 x 102 images and then feed them through my utility to produce the .lsd file.

OK, I see. So it is not a "straight forward" thing to do on a regular Windows PC.

I wonder where the utility to feed it with 4 bit bitmaps is located in this forum....

OK, I see. So it is not a "straight forward" thing to do on a regular Windows PC.

I wonder where the utility to feed it with 4 bit bitmaps is located in this forum....

I've found a link:- https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksnht8ehhiezsff/LSD%20Creator.zip?dl=0

Apparently the sprite packer doesn't work on newer versions of windows, so you might need to run it on XP or Vista. When I get more time I plan to port the packer to C# so then it should run in Windows 7 / 10 etc.

I've found a link:- https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksnht8ehhiezsff/LSD%20Creator.zip?dl=0

Apparently the sprite packer doesn't work on newer versions of windows, so you might need to run it on XP or Vista. When I get more time I plan to port the packer to C# so then it should run in Windows 7 / 10 etc.

Windows XP is not a problem, I have a running system and will try to work with the sprite packer.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering if a new version of the LSD Creator program ever came to fruition. There seems to be an incompatibility with the version of sprpck that's used and Windows 10. Something to this effect was mentioned way back at post #9 where the program just hangs. If I overwrite sprpck with 1.98 version from here http://www.mdgames.de/lynx_eng.htmthen it seems to work but always says an error occured.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if Gadget was making any progress on further menu enhancements such as scrolling/cycling immediately to A from Z...?

With SainT's new Neo Geo SD upcoming you may have you're work cut out with that too ;)

SainT has done an awesome job on the Neo SD menu - I doubt it will need any changed tbh - but maybe we can add image previews again perhaps. I've not had time to look at changing the menu on the Lynx yet. I will find some time at some point, and I will merge the sprite pack routine into the code to produce the .lsd files. Because its open source I am sure we will probably see other menus done by other people - that's what's great about this! There's likely loads of ways the UI could be changed yet.

• Like 2

I'd still "kill" for a text-viewer option to see level codes etc.

Orrrrrr a save-state of certain games would even be just as awesome....imagine playing Chips's Challenge without the hassle of having to enter the level code each time :D

Now that's a nice idea! Should be relatively easy to do that I think. Maybe I will add that in at some point.