IGNORED

Atari Flashback Classics for the XB1/PS4

Anyone know why this was marked as unavailable on Amazon today? This has been ready for pre-order for a long time, and all of a sudden it's like it's been almost delisted.

I noticed this as well.

This week's posting of The Drop on PlayStation.Blog shows that the digital downloads for both volumes will be released this week. There is no mention of a retail release coming out at this time, which makes me wonder if the physical release has been delayed or cancelled.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/02/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-1042016/

OK, I'm not allowed to go into the specifics, but based on where things are falling, it looks like the PS4 version could hit by next week, and the Xbox One version by the week after. The 11/1 you're seeing is kind of a wiggle room thing, so all versions should be out before the end of the month.

• Like 1

OK, I'm not allowed to go into the specifics, but based on where things are falling, it looks like the PS4 version could hit by next week, and the Xbox One version by the week after. The 11/1 you're seeing is kind of a wiggle room thing, so all versions should be out before the end of the month.

That doesn't explain the pulling of pre-orders though. I only saw it because I was getting on Amazon to pre-order so I could get my Prime discount, but they've completely zapped the product pages.

That doesn't explain the pulling of pre-orders though. I only saw it because I was getting on Amazon to pre-order so I could get my Prime discount, but they've completely zapped the product pages.

All I can tell you is that the SKUs are still coming, and coming soon. I don't have any insight into what any retailers are doing.

:_(

Out where? Digitally? The physical release for PS4 is leaving the factory today I believe. Xbox One is going to be a bit later still.

correct, i did mean the digital version. ( i don't have a ps4)

i've seen people reviewing it, and commenting and getting trophies for it.

later

Edited by negative1

correct, i did mean the digital version. ( i don't have a ps4)

i've seen people reviewing it, and commenting and getting trophies for it.

later

Ah, it appears Sony accidentally released it for a short time a day or two back. They put it back in the queue pretty quickly after that. Nice to see people jump on it so fast with such a short availability window!

• Like 2

Ah, it appears Sony accidentally released it for a short time a day or two back. They put it back in the queue pretty quickly after that. Nice to see people jump on it so fast with such a short availability window!

Nintendo had a similar issue with Paper Mario Paint Splash. Peeps downloaded the game ahead of launch. There are now full "Let's Play" vids on Youtube but some of them have been taken down as more crop up.

Nintendo had a similar issue with Paper Mario Paint Splash. Peeps downloaded the game ahead of launch. There are now full "Let's Play" vids on Youtube but some of them have been taken down as more crop up.

On the plus side, there's no risk of any takedowns here. On the downside, it's unfortunate there's a delay. I'm bummed the most for Xbox One users, but the approval process went differently for each console apparently.