IGNORED

Lynx multi cart Display Box?

SainT

LynxSD display box?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a display box for the LynxSD in the same style as existing Lynx games?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Guitari mentioned there may be interest in having a proper display box for the cartridge. Is this something people are interested in? I'm aware Gaztee has done a very nice job on the Jaguar Xenon 2 boxset, etc...

I'm looking into a simple small case, mostly for the purposes of protection during shipping, but nothing as fancy as a proper display box.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 3

People actually spend a lot of time creating inlays for clamshell cases for their Mega Everdrives, so I can understand it. ^^ and actually, with cardboard boxes like opd Nintendo and Atari stuff I always use them for display only, but never put them in the boxes so the cardboard doesn't get scruffed etc. i store my games seperately.

The Lynx SD flashcard as part of the collection deserves a box too, I agree. :)

• Like 1

Guitari mentioned there may be interest in having a proper display box for the SD cartridge. Is this something people are interested in? I'm aware Gaztee has done a very nice job on the Jaguar Xenon 2 boxset, etc...

I'm looking into a simple small case, mostly for the purposes of protection during shipping, but nothing as fancy as a proper display box.

Yeah, I'd be keen... :-D

Not entirely box art related, but I thought something like this for a cartridge sticker, perhaps?

I quite like this kind of theme for the box art if it goes that way -- all the characters from Lynx games in one.

post-37728-0-22336800-1464900965_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Time to contact Gaztee then? :) I was thinking of a box version for model one and a box version for model two.

Something along the lines of a picture of the cart without the cover and the words 'compatible with the lynx model one'... you can work the rest out for yourself. Twice the design effort though.

• Like 1

Time to contact Gaztee then? :) I was thinking of a box version for model one and a box version for model two.

Something along the lines of a picture of the cart without the cover and the words 'compatible with the lynx model one'... you can work the rest out for yourself. Twice the design effort though.

I had been thinking along the same lines, but wondered if that was one step too far. I did a quite nice silhouette of the Lynx 2 and thought I could do a Lynx 1 as well to show compatibility. So wouldn't require too much more design effort, but would require a separate print. The other option would be more conventional - have a checkbox next to the image and physically tick it... :)

I actually have a cnc cutting machine, so I may well be able to produce the boxes to a professional finish, too. I like to try my hand at everything if it looks like I can do a competent job. Getting stuff professionally printed isn't an issue either and should give very nice proper top quality results.

I quite enjoy product design...

• Like 2

Nice work! I too especially like the way the Lemmings are incorporated. I would probably prefer characters to be arranged some other way than "standing in line" against the blue sky.... but then again, this is quite unusual. :)

BTW, no place for him? :lolblue:

post-21561-0-17963200-1465128656_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure yet. I want these to be both functional (ie. protective in the post) and look nice.

I've found a suitable plastic box for the cart which is about the size of a pack of playing cards. I've made an insert for this which will take the cart -- it needs a little fine tuning, but works pretty well.

I'll see if I can post some progress shots over the weekend.

• Like 4