IGNORED

TI-99/4A manuals and documentation project

iKarith

I admit to skipping around on this thread so sorry if I'm repeating something, but didn't CADD scan/recreate all of the original TI manuals as part of its PC99 efforts? I seem to recall that with the purchase of a module ROM, you got a PDF of a recreated/enhanced manual.

Sure, but they charge for this.

I admit to skipping around on this thread so sorry if I'm repeating something, but didn't CADD scan/recreate all of the original TI manuals as part of its PC99 efforts? I seem to recall that with the purchase of a module ROM, you got a PDF of a recreated/enhanced manual.

I counted 182 modules (phmxxxx) listed in the directory with the front page scanned, and it looks like the remaining pages typed in displayed in their original formatting, etc.

Quite an achievement on Cadd's efforts. Well worth the investment.

Beery

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

If you come to this thread looking for manuals----

I am posting fresh clean hi res scans on the thread:

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

(http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248687-ti-99-docs-manuals-ebooks-lost-found/)

Documentation held on Atariage up to Jan 2019 can be found indexed and linked at:

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/567/entry-12507-strips-cards-manuals-labels-3d-objects-more-updated-01092019/

Newer documentation added to atariage has a link at:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248687-ti-99-docs-manuals-ebooks-lost-found/page-10?do=findComment&comment=4213667

which contains the urls of the atariage posts.

Additionally

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248687-ti-99-docs-manuals-ebooks-lost-found/page-10?do=findComment&comment=4213667

contains a link to an amalgamated list of online documentation held on atariage, ti99iuc, WHT and an Adventure website.

The next "complete" sorted amalgamated list will have documentation held on 99er.net added and will be posted to TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found probably early March 2019 - I can't update my earlier post so keep looking down for something newer.

Some of the less readable docs have been omitted from the lists to avoid discouraging better scans. DM me if I have omitted any online sources or missed a manual out (looking for clear manuals first, then complete manuals)

Just trying to get everything together in one place and avoid duplication when there are so many holes still to fill.

regards

Stephen

post-47425-0-92585300-1550068699.png

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...
On 2/26/2018 at 8:18 PM, helocast said:

Is this one worth scanning for The Collection or just noise being third party and all?

SAMS Computer Facts, Computer: Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Model PHC004A, April 1984

I hope that this SAMS book will be available in .pdf format, I've been trying to read it for years!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just received a trove of interesting schematics in the mail. Most of them were known to me, but there was a nice surprise in the group. It included a series of schematics for most of CorComp's PEB cards, documenting several different releases of each card. There was also a schematic for the lower board of the CorComp 9900 sidecar. The schematics are generally low quality, so I will have to reconstruct them like I have so many others--it will be from the CorComp source documents though, so the diagrams will be a definite help after reconstruction. :) I may scan the originals, but a lot of the text is illegible. . .

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I just received a trove of interesting schematics in the mail. Most of them were known to me, but there was a nice surprise in the group. It included a series of schematics for most of CorComp's PEB cards, documenting several different releases of each card. There was also a schematic for the lower board of the CorComp 9900 sidecar. The schematics are generally low quality, so I will have to reconstruct them like I have so many others--it will be from the CorComp source documents though, so the diagrams will be a definite help after reconstruction. :) I may scan the originals, but a lot of the text is illegible. . .

Will be nice to see what comes out of this, fantastic.

• Like 1

Here is the set covering the 9900 box and both major variants of the disk controller, along with the daughter board to put a 1773 onto boards designed for the 2793. I used the best copies from each set here (yes, there were multiples of most of them, with most of the others for these two items of much worse quality). Michael Zapf should have much fun with them--and note, the CorComp schematic I put up in this thread earlier this year should match the last of the disk controller scans.

CorComp MES-1.jpg

CorComp MES-2.jpg

CorComp MES-3.jpg

CorComp MES-4.jpg

CorComp MES-5.jpg

CorComp MES-6.jpg

DiskController-1.jpg

DiskController-2.jpg

DiskController-3.jpg

DiskController-4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Here are the rest of the originals. I was able to find mostly good copies of just about everything (and passable copies of the rest). I also included the first group in the archive, so those who need them only need the archive to have the complete CorComp set. Note that there are three different revisions of the RS-232 card in the set.

CorComp Schematic Set.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Here are the rest of the originals. I was able to find mostly good copies of just about everything (and passable copies of the rest). I also included the first group in the archive, so those who need them only need the archive to have the complete CorComp set. Note that there are three different revisions of the RS-232 card in the set.

CorComp Schematic Set.zip 9.83 MB · 7 downloads

thanks Ksarul

• 3 weeks later...

Here is something else for those with an HRD4000 board. The schematic from Horizon was generally pretty hard to read (and had several errors which could trip folks up if they weren't comparing it carefully to the board). I have taken it and made it into a three-page A3-sized schematic. Page one is all of the board logic, page two covers the bottom layer of chips, and page three is only used if you stack things, putting a second layer of chips on the board. Note that this schematic is only valid for the HRD4000. There will be some differences between this and the HRD4000B (my next schematic project) and the earlier HRD boards (I'll do those using this treatment too, I just don't know when yet).

A3-Horizon RAMDisk 4000-P1(R1)d1.pdf A3-Horizon RAMDisk 4000-P2(R1)b.pdf A3-Horizon RAMDisk 4000-P3(R1)b.pdf

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 2/26/2018 at 11:18 AM, helocast said:

Is this one worth scanning for The Collection or just noise being third party and all?

SAMS Computer Facts, Computer: Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Model PHC004A, April 1984

I picked it up pristine/sealed off of eBay - several 11"x17" photos of component locations with list by value/tolerance, troubleshooting, etcetera.

post-48993-0-82350100-1519672681_thumb.jpg

Did anyone ever end up scanning this?  Can't find it anywhere and most of the technical repair manuals out there are pretty poor quality.  I saw a few of the recreated schematics, but would be helpful to have this as well.

• 1 year later...