IGNORED

Raspberry pi Project for Atari?

Larry

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but wouldn't it be cool to have the Pi function as more than one device over the same SIO port? For example, act as both a modem and a floppy drive?

Tell you what, it works already :)

I have a (non systemd) version of raspbian running and here's what I did:

Create a symlink to the serial device you use (ttyAMA0 for the GPIO level converter option, ttyUSB0 for a SIO2PC/USB device).

sudo su -
MYSERIAL=ttyUSB0
cd /dev
ln -s $MYSERIAL $MYSERIAL.1
printf "\nT2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L %s.1 19200 ansi\n" "$MYSERIAL" >> /etc/inittab
init q
ps -ax | grep $MYSERIAL

This should output something along the lines of:

2240 ttyUSB0  Ss+    0:00 /sbin/getty -L ttyUSB0.1 19200 ansi

Now, start sio2bsd or use the webgui for it, use aspeqt/respeqt and you are able to load floppies and use a terminal at the same time!

Enjoy!
Senor Rossie

Another idea: Link the Pi (Raspberry, Orange, Banana, etc) to multiple atari's, using multiple serial interfaces (A BananaPi has 3 serial interfaces on board. But you can have the level converter and a SIO2PC/USB interface connected at the same time too) each can act as a terminal and have its own floppy dive using its own sio2bsd process.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but wouldn't it be cool to have the Pi function as more than one device over the same SIO port? For example, act as both a modem and a floppy drive?

Tell you what, it works already :)

I have a (non systemd) version of raspbian running and here's what I did:

Create a symlink to the serial device you use (ttyAMA0 for the GPIO level converter option, ttyUSB0 for a SIO2PC/USB device).

sudo su -
MYSERIAL=ttyUSB0
cd /dev
ln -s $MYSERIAL $MYSERIAL.1
printf "\nT2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L %s.1 19200 ansi\n" "$MYSERIAL" >> /etc/inittab
init q
ps -ax | grep $MYSERIAL

This should output something along the lines of:

2240 ttyUSB0  Ss+    0:00 /sbin/getty -L ttyUSB0.1 19200 ansi

Now, start sio2bsd or use the webgui for it, use aspeqt/respeqt and you are able to load floppies and use a terminal at the same time!

Enjoy!

Senor Rossie

Another idea: Link the Pi (Raspberry, Orange, Banana, etc) to multiple atari's, using multiple serial interfaces (A BananaPi has 3 serial interfaces on board. But you can have the level converter and a SIO2PC/USB interface connected at the same time too) each can act as a terminal and have its own floppy dive using its own sio2bsd process.

I did something like this with the PI. Here is my post with some details.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/280099-weird-possibly-idea/?do=findComment&comment=4057945

• 2 years later...