IGNORED

Aquarius System Module & Games

Rextro

Hello,

I recently found an Aquarius in one of my Totes in the basement, I have the system itself in the original Box complete as well as something called a Mini Expander also in box with a few games in box.

Just wondering what the collectability is like for these, I seen a few eBay auctions going pretty high just for games and a system with no box? Do I have a gem here?

Sorry im new to the forums unsure of how these things work.

Thanks!

- Rex

I posted an article about the Aquarius on my mostly-inactive blog (link) a few years ago that you might find helpful or informative.

For starters, eBay prices are insane. It's true that Aquarius stuff isn't very common...but it's also true that, generally speaking, it's not very hard to get, either. Nor is it very sought-after.

As for collectability, there are probably only two kinds of people who would bother with the Aquarius: die-hard Intellivision collectors, and people who collect everything (I'm sort of both). If somebody happened to own one back in the day, maybe that's a third. Otherwise, it's not a very popular system because it was incredibly limited and has a very small library (the system only had retail availability for about five months!). From a game-playing perspective, there's not much reason to own one when all of its games are on the Intellivision, and are much better on that system. There were quite a few games released on tape in Europe as well, and while a few of those are pretty unique, there's nothing there I'd call "must-play."

Most North American Aquarius items aren't too tough to track down, although there were some releases in PAL Land and Asia that might be harder to get. Anything from Radofin (rather than Mattel) is going to be pretty rare.

As to whether you have a gem there...that depends on you, I guess. :) The system has its fans, but it kind of falls outside of most gamers' areas of interest.

• Like 1

Wow thanks for the information.

Ill be digging into that tote again tonight and see if I can snag some pictures. By my count I had roughly 15 games but could be more as theres about 7 more totes I havent looked through yet!

I did notice the cartridges looked very similar to the intellivision haha.

• Like 1

I gave a CIB Aquarius away with Mini-Expander, tape drive and printer plus a few carts. I thought my Mattel collecting would bleed over to the Aquarius but it never did. It's really not that exciting of a machine to have. When I look at the potential of the Original Keyboard Component everything else was a disappointment. I know some people have fun with them, just not me.

Wow thanks for the information.

Ill be digging into that tote again tonight and see if I can snag some pictures. By my count I had roughly 15 games but could be more as theres about 7 more totes I havent looked through yet!

I did notice the cartridges looked very similar to the intellivision haha.

15 games on cartridge? If so probably some are for the Intellivision rather than the Aquarius, but we will see after you show us some pictures of your findings!

15 games on cartridge? If so probably some are for the Intellivision rather than the Aquarius, but we will see after you show us some pictures of your findings!

Could be! I have quite a few boxed and a few loose so I'll take a good look tonight, how to I post an Image directly? Is there a way to do such a thing?

Could be! I have quite a few boxed and a few loose so I'll take a good look tonight, how to I post an Image directly? Is there a way to do such a thing?

You click on the orange "More Reply Options" and you will see on the bottom that you can browse to your picture, and then click on the "Attach this File" button, and then there will be a link for "add to post" - or somesuch like that...

Edited by fdr4prez
  • Like 1

You click on the orange "More Reply Options" and you will see on the bottom that you can browse to your picture, and then there will be a link for "add to post" - or somesuch like that...

Excellent I see that now, thank you I will see what I come up with I have to transport a few more totes home tonight so I will be digging for quite a while!

Excellent I see that now, thank you I will see what I come up with I have to transport a few more totes home tonight so I will be digging for quite a while!

Awesome! The more pics the better when it comes to this stuff.

That's a nice rig to find!

Like others here have said, Aquarius has always been "on my list" of stuff to get simply because it's Mattel Electronics and the titles overlapped some of the best of the Intellivision's. Dearly wanted one when it first was announced, but never pulled the trigger.