IGNORED

130XE Power Supply Solutions (UK)

Hi everyone,

I need some assistance / advice in obtaining a power supply in some form or another for my recently purchased 130XE, which I'd had shipped from the US to the UK. I'd ordered a PSU with the 130XE, which after it was finally delivered turned out to be completely useless and the wrong one. I'm now considering taking it up with Paypal as a dispute, so I won't go into the detail behind the order.

So, on the day of the delivery I sourced a supplier on eBay UK and paid for a compatible PSU to be shipped to me, which after getting back from holiday, was two weeks from when the 130XE arrived. Unfortunately this one was also dead - checking the pin outs, there is no +5V from the PSU. After contacting the supplier, they said they would send one FOC - which after a week still hasn't arrived.

I'm having absolutely no luck in trying to get set up with my 130XE - sourcing a power supply is proving to be particularly difficult here in the UK.

Does anyone have any advice on two solutions I'm considering:-

1) They know of a (reliable!) supplier / someone that is willing to supply a UK 3-pin 220V 130XE power supply and it can be delivered in about a week?

2) Know how of a DIY solution that would allow me to convert a PSU with compatible output current / voltage for use with a 130XE?

I can solder so making up a cable poses no issue for me, I do want to make sure that I get the correct wiring diagram though.

Thanks for anyone that can advise.

Steve

I've been successful in powering my Atari XL/XE computers using some modern methods. I'm posting from my mobile phone and will not be able to go into all the details.

I created an USB to DIN cable and connected it to a 'koppla' power adapter (IKEA sells two versions, one with 3USB outputs and the other is a mains extender for 4 plugs and has 2 USB outputs). The important part of the power supply is its output: 1.5Ampere should be enough, the koppla adapters can provide 2.6A if I recall correctly.

There have been more posts on this topic here, which may provide the details on the cable. I do recall that the three pins on the left and on the right can/should be shorted, as they all provide either ground or +5V.

Cheers for the tip, thats reassuring that USB PSU's will suffice as long as the current output isn't too much, which opens up some alternatives. However I've been doing some more digging on eBay and found another supplier that is offering p/n CO61763-11 (5V / 1.5A) for £16, so I've placed an order which hopefully will be with me by the end of the week.

Hopefully I'll have more luck with this one and its not a DOA! *Then* I can can check my 130XE and that its survived the trip from the US!

Thanks again for the info

Cheers

Steve