IGNORED

Transferring TI floppy images to PC?

Odo

I have a number of TI programs on floppy discs. Is there any way to transfer those programs to an SD card or other storage on the PC? I see the HXC Floppy emulators that seem to work for when I already have an image on the PC...

Thanks!

• Like 1

I use Archiver which creates an IF128 file. Then, I use PC-TRANSFER to copy the file to a PC-formatted 3.5" disk. (a 720K PC-formatted disk will hold about 7 TI disks). It is a simple matter to load the files to the PC wherever you want with one of the relatively inexpensive USB 3.5" floppy drives that are available on Ebay everywhere.

easiest way is to use a rs232 card if you have one.. you can either

- load magicfm on the ti, and a terminal that supports xmodem on the pc, download file by file I sell a disk for $2 on www.arcadeshopper.com

- load cfhdxs on the ti and HDX server on the pc, and copy files from the TI to the pc's directories http://www.ti99-geek.nl/

(cfhdxs is on the xb27 suite as well)

Or with DS/DD disk drives on a PC you can

- read the ti disks on a PC with a utility http://ftp.whtech.com/pc%20utilities/TI99-PC%203.2.1.%20Password%20'TI99'.rar

- read pc disks on a TI with a utility (pc transfer)

• Like 1

easiest way is to use a rs232 card if you have one.. you can either

- load magicfm on the ti, and a terminal that supports xmodem on the pc, download file by file I sell a disk for $2 on www.arcadeshopper.com

- load cfhdxs on the ti and HDX server on the pc, and copy files from the TI to the pc's directories http://www.ti99-geek.nl/

(cfhdxs is on the xb27 suite as well)

Or with DS/DD disk drives on a PC you can

- read the ti disks on a PC with a utility http://ftp.whtech.com/pc%20utilities/TI99-PC%203.2.1.%20Password%20'TI99'.rar

- read pc disks on a TI with a utility (pc transfer)

(link broken)

http://ftp.whtech.com/pc%20utilities/TI99-PC%203.2.1.%20Password%20'TI99'.rar

• Like 1

Hook up a Serial RS232 Cable from PC to TI99/4A RS232 Card.

Put RXB Cart in TI99/4A Cart slot. You can use RXB 2001, RXB 2012 or RXB 2015E

Next on a PC load up PC99

Say you want to trasfer from TI99/4A to PC (PC99) using the RS232.

On PC (PC99) type:

CALL USER("RS232")

On TI99/4A type:

Old DSK1.TESTPGM

LIST "RS232"

OPEN #1:"RS232",OUTPUT

PRINT #1:CHR$(13)

On PC (PC99) type:

SAVE DSK1.TESTPGM

On TI99/4A type:

PRINT #1:"CALL CAT(1)"

On PC (PC99) you will see it catalog Disk 1 told to do this from the TI99/4A.

COOL HUH? I am going to post a video of all the stuff you can do like this with RXB.

• Like 4

COOL HUH? I am going to post a video of all the stuff you can do like this with RXB.

Damn straight! I'm looking forward to that video.

Actually you just gave me an idea for my next video. I think next week (as time allows) I'll try to make a DECENT video covering all aspects of how well the HxC and HDX get along and compliment each other. I have a couple of lame videos like

<< THIS ONE >> here (that I plan to remove) that shows how to backup entire disks or images to the PC from the TI, but I don't think it goes into enough detail, besides there are different methods to go back & forth with files all of which are pretty easy. I also want to touch on FIAD an DOAD file formats.

also you can Start E/A-3 TRANS from this Disk and RECV on the PC (V9T9-Emu) see here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-FB_NnxdVs

to dump a Module or transfer a Disk to the PC

For the PC side I had to use dosbox 0.74, as I could not get

The v9t9 DOS version working otherwise on Windows 7 64 bit,

But it worked very well to do uploads one after the other.

Vdm99 works also nice

• Like 1

Hook up a Serial RS232 Cable from PC to TI99/4A RS232 Card.

Put RXB Cart in TI99/4A Cart slot. You can use RXB 2001, RXB 2012 or RXB 2015E

Next on a PC load up PC99

Say you want to trasfer from TI99/4A to PC (PC99) using the RS232.

On PC (PC99) type:

CALL USER("RS232")

On TI99/4A type:

Old DSK1.TESTPGM

LIST "RS232"

OPEN #1:"RS232",OUTPUT

On PC (PC99) type:

SAVE DSK1.TESTPGM

On TI99/4A type:

PRINT #1:"CALL CAT(1)"

On PC (PC99) you will see it catalog Disk 1 told to do this from the TI99/4A.

Interested in the video!, but I do not have CAdd PC99 (I know it is a paid version)

But has it been updated recently and are there some items in it we cannot do

With the other emulators? (Classic99, v9t9, tisim, mess/name system, win994a, ti99win, js99er?)

Or can RXB communicate/integrate also with these above?

• Like 1

RXB REMOTE CONTROL and TRANSFER using RS232 Cable.

Stay tuned next project is to make a SECTOR COPY TRANSFER PROGRAM to duplicate disks just like PC99 does using RS232.

RXB has CALL SECTOR subroutine so just using RXB XB written programs you can do all kinds of stuff.

Edited by RXB
  • Like 4

By the way no else as far as I can tell has ever dreamed of a TI REMOTE CONTROL procedure for the TI99/4A before have they?

Transfer of files yes! Remote Control.....NO!

Edited by RXB

Probably the closest to a remote control function would have been the unreleased Battlestar Galactica game cartridge. That one was supposed to connect two TI machines together and have one player on each machine, with the software responding appropriately to the input commands from the other machine. . .that way, the players had no real idea what the other players were planning, except as it was visible to them on their screens (or as a result of the damage it caused). It is unfortunate that this one never turned up in the TI GRAM files. Choplifter is another one that was known to exist in playable form that never turned up. . .

• Like 1

I have a number of TI programs on floppy discs. Is there any way to transfer those programs to an SD card or other storage on the PC? I see the HXC Floppy emulators that seem to work for when I already have an image on the PC...

Thanks!

I use this method to backup my disk images to the PC. It's so simple even this Caveman can do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8FdU0nzExA

• Like 1

By the way no else as far as I can tell has ever dreamed of a TI REMOTE CONTROL procedure for the TI99/4A before have they?

Transfer of files yes! Remote Control.....NO!

(not sure if it is remote control), but the VDM99 with the Hook program, looks like remote control to me,

from the PC I can control the disk drives to transfer it. (but I have not tried your program yet !)

Edited by globeron

from my post on FB: (maybe this works ?)

"hmm, so maybe, a small basic program just catching your inputs here and sending this commands to the other console

could be something like the TeamViewer ? This could happen on a long (repeated) serial cable, maybe using an inhouse LAN-cable ?

And if you happen to have a F18A on the host, you could capture the TI´s VGA-videosignal and send it back via a KVM-extender

(LAN-Cable, too) to the remote console.

Maybe works with PAL/NTSC-signal too ? Just need one of this KVM-extenders what supports this, or a converter to VGA....

Sounds somehow perfect ?"

Maybe, Baby :)

xXx

(not sure if it is remote control), but the VDM99 with the Hook program, looks like remote control to me,

from the PC I can control the disk drives to transfer it. (but I have not tried your program yet !)

Hmm can you tell the other TI Computer to run a game?

Can you tell the other TI Computer to edit a program then run that program?

Can you tell the other TI Computer to Load, Save, Merge and List that program to another TI Computer.

Example:

Open #1:"RS232/1" to first TI Computer

Open #2:"RS232/2" to second TI Computer

Open #2:"PIO' to third TI Computer

So one TI Computer is remote controlling 3 other TI Computers. And get this each of those TI Computers can CONTROL other TI Computers!!!!

Of course all have to have the RXB Cartridge loaded to pull this off.

Edited by RXB
  • Like 4

Hmm can you tell the other TI Computer to run a game?

Can you tell the other TI Computer to edit a program then run that program?

Can you tell the other TI Computer to Load, Save, Merge and List that program to another TI Computer.

Example:

Open #1:"RS232/1" to first TI Computer

Open #2:"RS232/2" to second TI Computer

Open #2:"PIO' to third TI Computer

So one TI Computer is remote controlling 3 other TI Computers. And get this each of those TI Computers can CONTROL other TI Computers!!!!

Of course all have to have the RXB Cartridge loaded to pull this off.

Hi Rich,

I see, no I have not heard of that before, that is pretty cool!

(Remote Desktop Protocol - RDP for TI-99/4A), but with so many computers/concurrent connections

it is the internet for TI-99/4A or a cloud computer.

(it means you actually can create an RXB-TI-99/4A cloud computer, by keeping TI-99/4As connected to each other)

or if you have more RS232 cards /3 and /4 available, basically 5 (or maybe 6 with 2x PIO ports) available per TI,

(unfortunately I do not have so many real TI's here).

• Like 1

Yea well I am looking forward to Classic99 setting up a RS232 input/output and seeing how far I could take this with my 8 Core Intel Xeon and 6 Gig of memory in a Video!

Would be cool to show 8 Classic99 RXB computers all being controlled by one of them!