IGNORED

How to turn off a PEB card?

OLD CS1

I have a Myarc EXP-1 (512k) memory expansion. It provides a printer buffer (which I will likely never use,) a 32k RAM expansion, and a RAM disk. It is pretty handy for the latter two features, but it conflicts with the WHT SCSI card so anything I want to use with the Myarc cannot use SCSI devices. For those situations I have to physically swap in a regular TI 32k card.

What I would rather do is have both in the PEB but switch them at will. Is there a way to turn off a PEB card without having to remove it? I do not mind having to make modifications to cards or PEB.

Please, I know people have a lot of alternate suggestions (like the 1MB AMS,) but I would appreciate no deviation from the question.

The best way to turn off any card in your PEB is to unplug it and mail it to me.

Disappointingly, as much as I enjoy having a RAM disk, unless I can find a way to eliminate the conflict I will probably wind up ejecting the Myarc.

If you want to break ground, you might try a tripple throw switch to cut all the power sources to the card. ( maybe less throws if the card only uses fewer of the power lines... )

http://www.unige.ch/medecine/nouspikel/ti99/pebox.htm#Internal%20bus

You might also get away with switching MEMEN, to temporarily lobotomize the board. Curiously, pin 12 is supposed to be PCBEN, the question is did myarc honor the that or not? I would guess nobody but TI did. I'm just guessing from the bus pinouts here.

I'm also in desperate need of a SCSI controller for my Geneve, so if you want to just get rid of the WHT board, that could be a profitable option for you. :)

-M@

• Like 2

I'm also in desperate need of a SCSI controller for my Geneve, so if you want to just get rid of the WHT board, that could be a profitable option for you. :)

-M@

I will let you know about the WHT SCSI, depending upon the outcome of a simulation I am running: a snowball in Hell. :P

• Like 4

I have a Myarc EXP-1 (512k) memory expansion. It provides a printer buffer (which I will likely never use,) a 32k RAM expansion, and a RAM disk. It is pretty handy for the latter two features, but it conflicts with the WHT SCSI card so anything I want to use with the Myarc cannot use SCSI devices. For those situations I have to physically swap in a regular TI 32k card.

What I would rather do is have both in the PEB but switch them at will. Is there a way to turn off a PEB card without having to remove it? I do not mind having to make modifications to cards or PEB.

Please, I know people have a lot of alternate suggestions (like the 1MB AMS,) but I would appreciate no deviation from the question.

Hi OLD CS1,

I have the MEXP-1/512K, too, but I am still missing a powersupply for it. Means, I miss the specs for the powersupply.

Is it possible to have a pic from your one´s label, with all the voltages and the polarity a.s.o. on it ?

And maybe some "normal" pics, as I am documenting ALL powersupplies for the TI in this list, with pics

xXx

Hi OLD CS1,

I have the MEXP-1/512K, too, but I am still missing a powersupply for it. Means, I miss the specs for the powersupply.

Is it possible to have a pic from your one´s label, with all the voltages and the polarity a.s.o. on it ?

And maybe some "normal" pics, as I am documenting ALL powersupplies for the TI in this list, with pics

xXx

I will check to see what I can do for you.

• Like 1

I have a Myarc 512 and a WHT SCSI and don't have any issues? I use the ramdisk on the Myarc every day for lots of things and use Myarc XBII pretty frequently as well. Pretty much the reason why I probably won't get a SAMS meg card - at least right away, I gotta have these 2 things.

My cru setup

1000 - Myarc 512

1100 - Myarc DSQD

1200 - 1 meg Horizon

1300 - TI RS232

1400 - WHT SCSI

1900 - Myarc 512

1D00 - Corcomp Trip Tech

??????

• Like 1

In another thread I was going on about oddities with my Myarc 512k. I want to say it was a thread about CFHDX, but I cannot find it.

I will run a quick list of CRU devices in the morning. I am pretty certain the WHT is where it should not interfere (I want to say it is set at >1700 or >1800, but I do not recall OTTOMH.)

Of course, in the end I have a 1MB SAMS waiting for me at the office, so using the Myarc may be moot, anyway, but I would very much love to have it working with the WHT, irrespective.

• Like 2

In another thread I was going on about oddities with my Myarc 512k. I want to say it was a thread about CFHDX, but I cannot find it.

I will run a quick list of CRU devices in the morning. I am pretty certain the WHT is where it should not interfere (I want to say it is set at >1700 or >1800, but I do not recall OTTOMH.)

Of course, in the end I have a 1MB SAMS waiting for me at the office, so using the Myarc may be moot, anyway, but I would very much love to have it working with the WHT, irrespective.

this ?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/239116-myarc-512k-cru-and-dsr-craziness/?p=3251873

Yup, that would be the thread. Funny, I searched the forum for Myarc 512 CRU and turned up nothing. Does AA use a Microsoft search engine?

Anyway, yes, the WHT is at >1700, the Myarc 512k at >1000 and >1900, and my BwG at >1100.

And, as would be expected, Gazoo presented me with an option for disabling the cards by putting a switch on the ROMs. But the 32k has no ROM, so it would require a bit more surgery. Blah.

Thanks for digging that thread up for me -- it has some answers I can use now.