IGNORED

Should I Sell my Collection?

TheAtarianGuy

• 1 month later...

I sold most of my game collection and at times regret it but I feel that's because I did nothing special with the cash.

I did the same with my Magic cards. I sold most of my boxes and the cash went to clothing my miniature half mees as they grew. Not saying clothes are not special but when they last only a few months and net you nothing in the end it leaves a poor sense of accomplishment.

I think at times if I should sell some of my rarer Genesis games but I need to know where my cash is heading. With my Atari games, most are worth a few bucks. With my rarer games I have probably $250 worth of games. If I sold them at eBay price I'd have probably $600 worth but eBay prices are dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

I think at times if I should sell some of my rarer Genesis games but I need to know where my cash is heading. With my Atari games, most are worth a few bucks. With my rarer games I have probably $250 worth of games. If I sold them at eBay price I'd have probably $600 worth but eBay prices are dumb.

Ebay fees are dumb i would agree there for sure. That's why I would prefer to do deals on forums or locally. Best case scenario someone in my group of gaming geeks wants some of the stuff and it goes for bro price or trade.

I sold most of my game collection and at times regret it but I feel that's because I did nothing special with the cash.

I sold off about half my collection and bought a $2,000 guitar. At least the guitar still has its value, and I've actually considered reversing my decision, selling it and re-buying all the same stuff I sold!

I never actually play that guitar. But I've started doing YouTube videos about a lot of my old electronics, so I have a reason to have my video game collection now. Moreso than a guitar, at least.