IGNORED

Freeze Dried Terminal..

Did anyone else use FZDT? I thought it was the absolute best thing out there for calling bbs's and had great support for several graphics modes.. SO much so that even when I was doing mainly PC stuff I would still call out with my ST...

I never did find a copy of it with the copy protection removed or a working key, etc... Curious if this software ever became public domain or a real crack exists for it?

• Like 1

I had copy from Aaron Hopkins that didn't have the copy protection. I used to run Gilligan's Island BBS and knew Aaron Hopkins through Brian Hauer who wrote the Foresight BBS software. Brian and Aaron were good friends and Aaron contributed code to Foresight (split screen chat and full screen editor). Freeze Dried Terminal was a great piece of software but Aaron had a hard drive crash with no backup and lost the source code, list of registered users, etc.... and unfortunately that kind of put an end to FZDT. Unfortunately I gave away my Mega STe years ago soon after moving to TX. Whoever has that computer should have my copy of FZDT on it. It was someone here on the forum because I posted a message that anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area could have it for free if they just came to pick it up. I don't recall who it was but hopefully they are still on this forum and still have my old machine.

I will try to reach out to Brian Hauer and see if he still has his TT and any of his old software. If so, I'm sure Brian would have had the same copy of FZDT that I had. It was the last version that Aaron had right before the hard drive crash I believe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I know this is an old top but I just found it. I have a full, registered copy of the program. My friend John Stewart knew him pretty good and I remember when his database crashed. My friend ended up talking to Aaron's mom and she was concerned he couldn't keep up with the registrations since so many people had sent in their money. I believe John even tried to recruit him to work for Majicsoft (same company I worked for).

• 2 years later...

Well speaking of ForeSight.. I really like it, and I have decided I am going to work on it.. and work on that being the one I put up. 

I have been able to get in touch with Brian Hauer author, so that has been helpful.  To be honest it almost puts itself up.. but I do need to figure out how to edit the menus and screens etc.

FDT - I have still not found.. though I would like to. maybe we could get someone to OLD SCHOOL crack it.. so its not in DEMO mode?   who knows.

I am working on the bbs on STEEM at the moment.. soon I will be transferring it over to the real hardware and the UDS-100 for the modem.. and then we see... (crossing fingers)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...