IGNORED

130XE Wont Load / Display

I wonder if anyone could advise me; I've finally got my 130XE running after many weeks sourcing kit and tried it out tonight. I've got it connected via a monitor cable to a LCD display using an AV cable. The machine powers on fine, passes all self tests and has a nice rock solid display. However if I load anything from my Lotharek SIO2SD adapter, 60% of the ATR disks and in particular Rastaconverter XEX files end up with a corrupt display, such as in the snapshots:-

post-46467-0-50010800-1465506862_thumb.jpg

post-46467-0-62979800-1465506900_thumb.jpg

Its a shame that the Rastaconverter images load but the display is corrupt, as this is one of the main uses for my 130XE.

Some games start to load but end up with a random display of letters/numbers/graphics and crash, or a blank display. The machine was purchased as a PAL system with good GTIA. It seems to be pot luck as to whether a file will actually work, after loading - some do but most don't. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the pssoble cause? The same files load ok using Altirra.

Apologies if this is a newbie question, in case I've missed something about different types of display and / or the ATR files!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Edited by AlegisDownport