IGNORED

Atari User (UK) & Page 6(New Atari User) Typeins

I thought i would start a new topic on this subject.

I have been typing a lot of Atari User(UK) & Page 6 (New Atari User) games and other things.

Here are the first two from Atari User Issue 1

1.Attack Squash - not on Atarimania also from The Atari Book of Games

2.Alphabet Train - http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-alphabet-train_230.html.

squash.bas

alpha.bas

• Like 4

Thanks for doing this.

Just a small note to contributors: lack of time updating the database can be a reason why a title doesn't have a dump or even an entry on Atarimania.

Before any submission, please make sure the program isn't available elsewhere. Though it's sometimes quicker to type it in, it may be hidden in PD collections or just in the queue.

Also, IIRC, all Page 6 and New Atari User titles are out there already.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Thanks for doing this.

Just a small note to contributors: lack of time updating the database can be a reason why a title doesn't have a dump or even an entry on Atarimania.

Before any submission, please make sure the program isn't available elsewhere. Though it's sometimes quicker to type it in, it may be hidden in PD collections or just in the queue.

Also, IIRC, all Page 6 and New Atari User titles are out there already.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Atari Frog - i know they are out there, but sometimes, people who typed them in had a little bit or take bits out of the program, so i use the listings and check them with the magazines, if i cannot find the listing that is when i type it.

You are correct, I always forget the database publications Atari user stuff isn't out there. I had a couple of tapes, but as they were sold freely in the newsagents mostly without cover tapes/disks I don't think anyone I've met has more than a tape or two

I've done hundreds, possibly even over a thousand type-ins for the Gamebase 64 project.

What I can say about managing type-ins for people to help out with is:

1. You need to have a collection of type-in listings available in PDF or JPEG form for people to easily access

2. People who do them need to know that someone else isn't working on the same type-in and wasting effort.

3. All submitted type-ins need to be double-checked by the author to ensure that there are no typos.

4. Where there are bugs, they need to be noted. They can be fixed, but the fixes should be documented in the program (a REM statement will do)

5. If the program is horribly bugged beyond casual repair, then whoever typed it in has a free licence to edit it how they see fit.

Edited by Neo-Rio
  • Like 1

Here is what I have in my Atari User collection, alas, completely unsorted/mixed...

- includes 8 ATR images (downloaded from AA or elsewhere)

- includes 25 files (two XEX files, 23 BAS files)

Maybe someone is able to sort them like Bunsen`s images above (Volume x, issue number y).

AT_User_mix.zip

• Like 1

I've done hundreds, possibly even over a thousand type-ins for the Gamebase 64 project.

What I can say about managing type-ins for people to help out with is:

1. You need to have a collection of type-in listings available in PDF or JPEG form for people to easily access

2. People who do them need to know that someone else isn't working on the same type-in and wasting effort.

3. All submitted type-ins need to be double-checked by the author to ensure that there are no typos.

4. Where there are bugs, they need to be noted. They can be fixed, but the fixes should be documented in the program (a REM statement will do)

5. If the program is horribly bugged beyond casual repair, then whoever typed it in has a free licence to edit it how they see fit.

Well,

thats more or less the way we do it with our Basic-Listing webpage: http://ataribasiclistings.mygamesonline.org/

We use a simple traffic light scheme: a) green means we already have this listing available, b) yellow means someone is already typing in this listing (this may take a while, so be patient!) and c) red means this listing is still missing. For most of the missing listings we do have JPG`s or PDF`s (just the listing, not the whole book or magazine) that can be send via E-Mail on request...

We are mainly focussing on german books and magazines and their type-in listings atm, since there are already quite many webpages with type-ins from english/american books and magazines available. But as you can see, there are already some listings from english/american books available (and some german books and their listings are just translations of existing english/american books, e.g. "Spiele für Ihren Atari" is "Games for your Atari" and "Games for your Atari Computer"; "Sprühende Ideen mit Atari Grafik" is "Designs from your mind with Atari graphics", etc.)...

What is really annoying is that I wrote for Atari User and I never got these bloody disks!!!

That tight little BA^^&^&^ Chris Payne must have nabbed them...I hated him!!

Did you? Do you know which issues that you are in? I managed to buy 3 folders full of the magazines for £20 a few years back, brilliant!

Issues 3, 5, 13 - Vol 2 No.1, 14 - (Vol No 2), 17 - (Vol 2 No 5)

I think that's all, me and a Mr Payne from the publisher had a ding dong over his attitude (he was a prima dona (however its spelt)), he was getting funky over the 7.50 I was getting per issue I was in and at the time I was a manager on a LOT of money running a Maplin branch, I did the reviews because I loved the Atari and not for money so basically just stopped as I didn't need some idiot picking holes over nothing when I was already VERY busy at work.

Good god, was just looking through later issues and saw a review of The Archers???

Level 9 did a game based on a radio series pretty much exclusive to Brit tastes?

Wow, I'll be a spanked old gherkin :)

Must have been written for love as it can't have sold that well...

Edited by Mclaneinc

Speaking of Atari User magazines... As always when one of these threads pops up, does anyone have any of the following?

Atari User (Database Publications) VOL 1 --- Issue #9
Atari User (Database Publications) VOL 2 --- Issue #10
Atari User (Database Publications) VOL 3 --- Issue #7 & #10

Page 6 Magazine Issues #1-20 & #35

Page 6 New Atari User (Smaller A5 format) Issues #76-85

Do you mean the real things or PDF's, if PDF's I can help with all but Atari User Vol 1 Number 9, all mine are actually number 8 for some reason..

Anyone with number Vol 1 issue 9 in PDF please let me know (check its not number eight 8) :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

Do you mean the real things or PDF's, if PDF's I can help with all but Atari User Vol 1 Number 9, all mine are actually number 8 for some reason..

Anyone with number Vol 1 issue 9 in PDF please let me know (check its not number eight 8) :)

The real thing. I have all the PDF files. I'll take a look tonight to see what I have for v1#9

More Typein's from Atari User Volume 1, Issue 1

This one is called Sounds Interesting, it is a typein for a small tutorial.

Also same issue this is called Binary the article is called Bitwise

Last bit least is called Reaction Timer.

I know these are on the Atari User Issue disks, but i am going through them to see who ever typed them in as not added more lines as well as fixed the listing in any way, so i do not take credit for typing this in i just amended them if the list from the magazine is not the same as the one on the basic file.

SOUNDS.BAS

binary.bas

REACTION.BAS

Sounds.bas seems to be wrong, or is it supposed to make that racket :)

Seriously, there no input and a continuous error noise..

:)

Paul..

The Atari User disk its from is stranger, there's an error 9 straight away, if I remove the offending line I get the same as above...

Odd...

Edited by Mclaneinc

Sounds.bas seems to be wrong, or is it supposed to make that racket :)

Seriously, there no input and a continuous error noise..

:)

Paul..

The Atari User disk its from is stranger, there's an error 9 straight away, if I remove the offending line I get the same as above...

Odd...

SOUND.LST

I listed the program and took out the offending noise, and added an ending to the listing of options.

apologizes to the author..