IGNORED

Unit for Sale

yellowbandit

Hello all.

I don't really feel like creating an ebay posting, but is anyone here interested in purchasing a unit just like the one in this eBay posting? My box just isn't as shiny!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4a-Computer-System-NIB-New-Sealed-NOS-/331876019361?hash=item4d455a2ca1:g:gmwAAOSwc3ZUpcPU

The box is not sealed, but there's plastic over everything, and things appear appear untouched.

No scams or anything. I picked it up years ago because of nostalgia when a friend had a death in his family, and it has sat ever since.

Advance apologies if it's inappropriate to post this here! I can post actual photos of mine if anyone's interested.

Thanks!

-yb

Ah. I see.

Everybody with the popcorn while a few others fuel up their flamethrowers? I've been part of enough forums to know I have no interest in that. Thanks, but a simple "No, we don't operate like that. Stick with eBay." would suffice just as well.

Have a collectively nice life, All!

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pay $200 for a TI console by itself no matter what condition it was in, so the eBait seller has got to be joking. I paid $20 for my console in box. Not complete in box, and the box has a fair amount of wear, but it was in a box and clean.

I imagine a console in the condition mine is in might sell for more than I paid (and possibly even a good bit more), but I wouldn't have paid more than $40 for even this one. Partly because I'm poor, and partly because I am less interested in how it looks and more in how it works. And I know these things routinely go for $20-30 in working condition.

Good luck with the sale! You could always toss it on Ebay and undercut that auction ;)

I am amazed how people (like the Ebay seller) find all these lovely NOS items. I've never had any luck over here. The only thing I found in the dumpster was a homeless lady digging for cans!

I like this NOS-stuff for the TI-99er, and I am curious what happens. But I think the price is a little bit high, at least for me.

But this is your turn, and vintage parts in a NOS-condition are seldom, of course.

And, I like popcorn :) So the audience sits down and watches the movie :) :)

xXx

colbert-popcorn.gif

Excuse me for jumping to conclusions!

I don't have any expectations on price. The eBay listing just had good photos and I was being lazy.

Make me an offer. I live in Atlanta if that makes it easier for anyone.

-yb

Let me help you out OP:

eBay ID so we can see your feedback: unknown

pix: none

star-trek-II-the-wrath-of-khan-william-s

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback.

Look, guys...I'm reaching out to this specific community because of your specific interests. Because I've had similar interest in the past (and currently), and figured you'd want the chance to keep this thing out of the landfill. This forum exists so you guys can find each other, and ALSO so others can find you. Here I am.

I don't feel like expending a bunch of energy on this thing. This is why I didn't put it on eBay. I came here on the chance of finding someone who'd say "Hell, I'll give you $20 bucks for it Just send me a photo of so I know you at least have SOMETHING." I'm already a bit frustrated at the sheer number of words I've expended on it.

I threw out that I'm in Atlanta just because meeting someone here would keep anyone from having to pay shipping. I could stick the thing in my car and meet someone at a Starbucks or something.

There's a marketplace on this forum where people buy and sell stuff everyday! With no ebay listings and no feedback. I just didn't see any TIs in there, so I came directly here.

The point is, if anyone has a sliver of interest, please speak up because I don't think this thing has ever been plugged in! Otherwise, it goes in the trash. If I wanted to swindle someone, I'd honestly be doing things a LITTLE differently. Am I getting crickets really because I didn't use eBay? It's just not worth the trouble to me.

I just remembered my cousin sells plenty of stuff on ebay. If you guys don't take it, I GUARANTEE you WILL see it on eBay soon.

There's a marketplace on this forum where people buy and sell stuff everyday! With no ebay listings and no feedback.

That's where you are wrong. There is a user feedback forum. And it's common for prospective buyers to ask sellers (especially noobs) for their eBay ID as a reference for previous feedback. We have no idea who you are and you won't even make the effort to post pix of the unit for sale.

• Like 1

Nobody asked me for my eBay ID. I haven't sold anything, but according to eBay, I've bought 34 items. My id is mister_mau. According eBay I've been a member for 15 years.

My first post says "I can post actual photos of mine if anyone's interested." I WILL grant that it may have been a logical assumption that this group would be at least interested.

Yay Internet.

You know, as a professional asshole myself, I can be pretty quick to jump on things defensively, or offensively as it may be.

That said, we have an unknown coming into the forum with no posts or background information attempting to make a sale. Dubious? Yes. Chance given, none at first.

After some interrogation it appears we have a newbie who wants to get involved with our community. My thought is we lower defenses, maybe help the guy out on how to do things properly, give the fella a chance. I am happy to bring more people into the fold if they can contribute anything, even if just enthusiasm.

• Like 6