IGNORED

Spider-Man

cimerians

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought the PS4 slim tonight with Spider-man. The game is just now finishing installation, or "Copying Application". At least 40 minutes to install! Sure puts a damper on new hardware when I could have played 10 rounds of Atari games during that load time! No comment on the actual game yet!

Update: we've been swinging around, beat the first Fisk battle. Awesome stuff.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

6 month bump!

Although Caf Jr has beaten Spider-Man and all 3 DLC adventures on the hardest difficulty,and he achieved 100% too, I'm still slowly making progress on my save file playing on default Amazing difficulty -- I'm at 70% now.

Anybody else a fan of this awesome game? It is easily the most fun Spidey game I've ever played. It has a TON of content, I probably will never do all of the open world challenges but I've played many of them. The part I am at right now features Electro, Vulture, and Rhino, although you don't exactly engage in a boss battle with them. ** I want to finish the story mode soon so I can move onto another lengthy game (HZD), so in the past few days I've been reacquiring my Spidey battle skills and progressing Story mode.

The devs really hit this one out of the park.

** a little while later, and you do battle them in a boss battle

I guess not much interest with the AA crowd! Well, I finally beat the game's story mode, and I completed about 75% of the challenges , so I'm satisfied with it for now. I still have all 3 DLC stories to play through but don't feel like playing them yet, as I watched my boy play through some of those already.

I was unfamiliar with Martin Li, FEAST, Mr. Negative before this. I appreciated getting to battle the Sinister Six in addition to all the other crooks, mania, Sable soldiers, and villains.

I guess not much interest with the AA crowd! Well, I finally beat the game's story mode, and I completed about 75% of the challenges , so I'm satisfied with it for now. I still have all 3 DLC stories to play through but don't feel like playing them yet, as I watched my boy play through some of those already.

I was unfamiliar with Martin Li, FEAST, Mr. Negative before this. I appreciated getting to battle the Sinister Six in addition to all the other crooks, mania, Sable soldiers, and villains.

It's something on my wish list to play, but I've been busy with other games lately

Man, the Screwball challenges in the DLC are very much challenging, especially that end one. No spoilers, but if you liked the pigeon side quest, get ready for that x10...

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed the first Playstation game at the time (the one the Dreamcast will be a port of). I don't think it will have aged too terribly well graphically, but I had a lot of fun with the voice acting and cameos and prowling around for new costumes and comics.

• Like 1

They are all pretty dated now. We used to like Shattered Dimensions on 360, and Spider Man 2 on Xbox, not sure I'd want to revisit those again. I still enjoy Atari 2600 SM, anf the Genesis and Sega CD 2D games, myself.

Dig right into Ps4 Spider-Man, it is fantastic and quite lengthy.

• Like 1

I think I beat the DC version way back but I hated the controls\camera too, there was one part I got stuck on for a while but I tend to like all Spider-Man games even if there not good. I really loved the Sega arcade beat-em up back in the early 90's.

The PS4 game is what I've always dreamed of.

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 1

I completed Spider-Man on the Dreamcast and started Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro. I think what these games may lack in gameplay they make up for in atmosphere. I like this version of Spidey, with his quips and general light-hearted attitude, and the inclusion of intros by Stan Lee as well as the Spider-Man theme song are great. The cameos by the other Marvel characters are also pretty cool, even if they really don't affect the gameplay or storyline at all.

Edited by chicgamer