IGNORED

The 2016 Activision Patches Summer Quest.

Nutsy Doodleheimer

activision-logo-sticker-4753.png

Hello fellow Atariagers and yes it's that time of the year the weather gets hotter, the days are longer, and Atari 2600 gaming to replace your summer reading. This is the 2nd Annual Atariage Activision Patches Summer Quest 2016. Starting now until Labor Day Monday (September 5th) we are going to do a tournament to see who can collect the most Activision patches for the Atari 2600 Activision games. And these Activision games listed with the target score/time to achieve the patch for the corresponding game.

Rules:

The rules are simple.

Any Atariage member is welcome to participate.

Any game is to be played on an official Atari 2600 console, Coleco Gemini, Colecovision Expansion Module #1, Atari 5200 VCS adapter, Atari 7800, Atari Flashbacks, or emulation. You can play the Activision Anthology game as well.

No save states, cheats, and cartridge frying allowed to enhance the score. You can play any game variation or difficulty for your desired preference.

*Save states can be used for one exception. You can use it only for Laser Blast if you want to go for the 1,000,000 point special patch. Since it takes many hours to get it so you can use that as the pause feature and come back to the game at another time. It will be too greuling in one sitting.

Take photos or a youtube video to submit your target score or time.

Games that have multiple variations of time sets to earning a patch. For example Barnstorming, Grand Prix, or Freeway. If you get all of the time sets for the game YOU ONLY RECEIVE ONE PATCH! There is one patch for these games, not 3 or 4. You are more than welcome to post all of your accomplishments but you won't get a duplicate/extra patch.

No old scores allowed. Have to be from June 15th to September 5th of 2016 to be official.

Scores are to be presented from now until 11:59 PM Monday September 5th.

Most of all it's for fun and nerd cred. :)

* Lastly, we earned a grand total of 236 patches in 2015. If we can surpass it by September 5th. Toiletunes will be raffling off an Atari related retro box. One patch earned equals one entry in the drawing (i.e. 20 patches would equal 20 entries). The more patches you earn the better the odds at winning the box.

Here is the game's target scores and times for patches to earn. I will have them posted and updated in post #4.

Barnstorming.jpg

Barnstorming (Flying Aces):

Game 1: 33.3 seconds

Game 2: 51.0 seconds

Game 3: 54.0 seconds

post-7225-1123900947.jpg

Beamrider (Beamriders):

40,000 Points and completing Sector 14

ChopperCommand.jpg

Chopper Command (Chopper Commandos):

10,000 Points

Crackpots.jpg

Crackpots (Crackpots):

75,000 Points

DecathlonBronze_thumb.jpg

DecathlonSilver_thumb.jpg

DecathlonGold_thumb.jpg

Decathlon:

8,600 Points (Bronze Medal)

9,000 Points (Silver Medal)

10,000 Points (Gold Medal)

Dolphin_thumb.jpg

DolphinSociety_thumb.jpg

Dolphin:

80,000 Points (Friends of Dolphins)

300,000 Points (Secret Society of Dolphins)

Dragster_thumb.jpg

Dragster (World Class Dragster Club):

6.00 Seconds or less

Enduro_thumb.jpg

Enduro (Roadbusters):

Survive 5 or more game days

Freeway_thumb.jpg

Freeway (Save the Chicken Foundation):

20 Points in Game 3 or 7

Frostbite_thumb.jpg

Frostbite (Frostbite Bailey's Arctic Architects):

40,000 Points

GrandPrix.jpg

Grand Prix (Grand Prix Driving Team):

Game 1: 0:35

Game 2: 1:00

Game 3: 1:30

Game 4: 2:30

Hero.jpg

H.E.R.O. (Order of the Hero):

75,000 Points

IceHockey.jpg

Ice Hockey (Activision All-Star Hockey Team):

Win against the computer opponent

Kabobber.jpg

Kabobber (Kabashers):

50,000 Points

Kaboom.jpg

Kaboom! (The Activision Bucket Brigade):

3,000 Points

KeystoneKapers.jpg

Keystone Kapers (Billy Club):

35,000 Points

LaserBlast.jpg

LaserBlastMillion.jpg

Laser Blast (Activision Federation of Laser Blasters):

100,000 Points

(Special Stripe Patch): 1,000,000 Points

Megamania.jpg

Megamania (Megamaniacs):

45,000 Points

Oink.jpg

Oink! (Oinkers):

25,000 Points in Game 1

Pitfall_thumb.jpg

Pitfall! (The Activision Explorers' Club):

20,000 Points

Pitfall2_thumb.jpg

Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns (Cliff Hangers):

99,000 Points

PlaqueAttack.jpg

Plaque Attack (The No Plaque Pack):

35,000 Points

PressureCooker.jpg

Pressure Cooker (Short-Order Squad):

45,000 Points

PrivateEye.jpg

Private Eye (Activision Super Sleuth):

Solve Case 3

RiverRaid.jpg

River Raid (Activision River Raiders):

15,000 Points

RobotTankMerit_thumb.jpg

RobotTankCross_thumb.jpg

RobotTankStar_thumb.jpg

Robot Tank:

4 Squadrons/48 Tanks (Medal of Merit)

5 Squadrons/60 Tanks (Cross of Excellence)

6 Squadrons/72 Tanks (Star of Honor)

Seaquest.jpg

Seaquest (Sub Club):

50,000 Points

Skiing.jpg

Skiing (Official Member of the Activision Ski Team):

28.20 Seconds or less in Game 3

SkyJinks.jpg

Sky Jinks (Activision Sky Stars):

37.00 Seconds or less in Game 1

SpaceShuttle.jpg

SpaceShuttleCommander.jpg

Space Shuttle:

Dock 5 Missions with 4500 Fuel (Space Shuttle Pilot)

Dock 6 Missions with 7500 Fuel (Space Shuttle Commander)

SpiderFighter.jpg

Spider Fighter (Spider Fighters):

40,000 Points

Stampede.jpg

Stampede (The Activision Trail Drive):

3,000 Points

StarmasterSupreme.jpg

StarmasterChevrons_thumb.jpg

Starmaster:

3,800 Points (Order of the Supreme Starmaster)

5,700 Points (Leader)

7,600 Points (Wing Commander)

9,000 Points (Starmaster)

Tennis_thumb.jpg

Tennis:

Win one match against the computer opponent

• Like 11

Patches Earned:

Barnstorming: Atarian7, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081

Beamrider: Darthkur, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes

Chopper Command: 24Fanatic365, Arenafoot, Atarian7, Bemis, Bucket Brigadier, BurritoBeans, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Devwebcl, DrVenkman, Emerson, KaeruYojimbo, Karokoenig, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Mikey.Shake, Mister-VCS, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, S.BAZ, Toiletunes, Troff, Wickeycolumbus

Crackpots: CubeOfTheDead, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081

Decathlon:
Bronze: BurritoBeans, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Mister-VCS, Nads, Retrogamer81081
Silver: BurritoBeans, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Mister-VCS, Nads, Retrogamer81081
Gold: BurritoBeans, Mister-VCS, Nads, Retrogamer81081

Dolphin:
Friends of Dolphins: Lauren Tyler, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes
Secret Society of Dolphins: Nads, Oyamafamily

Dragster: Bemis, CubeOfTheDead, Lauren Tyler, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081

Enduro: Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Karokoenig, KaeruYojimbo, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes

Freeway: Atarian7, BurritoBeans, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Emerson, Hizzy, KaeruYojimbo, Karokoenig, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes, Wickeycolumbus

Frostbite: CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, KaeruYojimbo, Karokoenig, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes

Grand Prix: Atarian7, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, KidGameR186496, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes

H.E.R.O.: 24Fanatic365, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Devwebcl, Emerson, KaeruYojimbo, Karokoenig, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes

Ice Hockey: 24Fanatic365, Arenafoot, Bemis, BurritoBeans, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Devwebcl, Hizzy, KaeruYojimbo, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes, TotallyTerrificPants

Kabobber: Darthkur, Nads, Oyamafamily

Kaboom!: Atarian7, Bucket Brigadier, Karokoenig, KidGameR186496, Mikey.Shake, Nads, Toiletunes

Keystone Kapers: 24Fanatic365, Atarian7, CubeofTheDead, Darthkur,

KaeruYojimbo, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes

Laser Blast:
Federation of Laser Blasters: BurritoBeans, Darthkur, Jefflrok, KaeruYojimbo, Karokoenig, KidGameR186496, Nads, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes
One Million Point Special Patch: Nads, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes

Megamania: Atarian7, Bemis, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Karokoenig, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Mikey.Shake, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes, Wickeycolumbus

Oink!: Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes

Pitfall!: 24Fanatic365, Atarian7, BurritoBeans, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Emerson, KaeruYojimbo, Karokoenig, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Mikey.Shake, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes

Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns: Atarian7, BurritoBeans, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Emerson, Hizzy, Karokoenig, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes

Plaque Attack: CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Karokoenig, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes

Pressure Cooker: CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, KaeruYojimbo, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Mister-VCS, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes

Private Eye: Lauren Tyler, Nads

River Raid:
24Fanatic365, Arenafoot, Atarian7, BurritoBeans, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Devwebcl, Emerson, KaeruYojimbo, Karokoenig, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Mikey.Shake, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes, TotallyTerrificPants

Robot Tank:
Medal of Merit: Lauren Tyler, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes
Cross of Excellence: Nads, Toiletunes

Seaquest: 24Fanatic365, Atarian7, Bemis, Bucket Brigadier, BurritoBeans, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, DrVenkman, Hizzy, Iwantgames:), KaeruYojimbo, Karokoenig, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Mikey.Shake, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes, Troff

Skiing: Atarian7, Bemis, CubeOfTheDead, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, Maibock, Nads, Retrogamer81081

Sky Jinks: Atarian7, Bemis, BurritoBeans, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner

Spider Fighter: Atarian7, Cambouis de I'Atari, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, DrVenkman, KaeruYojimbo, KidGameR186496, Lauren Tyler, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes

Stampede: CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Nads, Oyamafamily, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes

Starmaster:
Ensign/Order of the Supreme Starmaster: BurritoBeans, CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, DrVenkman, Emerson, Karokoenig, Lauren Tyler, Mikey.Shake, Nads, Retrogamer81081, Roadrunner, Toiletunes
Leader: CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Emerson, Karokoenig, Lauren Tyler, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes
Wing Commander: CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Emerson
Starmaster: CubeOfTheDead, Darthkur, Emerson

Tennis: Devwebcl, CubeOfTheDead, KaeruYojimbo, Lauren Tyler, LidLikesIntellivision, Nads, Retrogamer81081, Toiletunes

Total Patches Earned: 392

Nads: 38
Retrogamer81081: 34

CubeOfTheDead: 30

Toiletunes: 28

Lauren Tyler: 27

Oyamafamily: 26

Darthkur: 25

LidLikesIntellivision: 20

KidGameR186496: 16
Karokoenig: 15
KaeruYojimbo: 14

Atarian7: 14
BurritoBeans: 13

Cambouis de I'Atari: 13

Roadrunner: 13

Emerson: 10

24Fanatic365: 7

Bemis: 7

Mikey.Shake: 7

Devwebcl: 5

Mister-VCS: 5
DrVenkman: 4

Hizzy: 4
Arenafoot: 3

Bucket Brigadier: 3

Wickeycolumbus: 3

TotallyTerrificPants: 2

Troff: 2

Iwantgames:): 1
Jefflrok: 1
Maibock: 1
S.BAZ: 1

• Like 7

Pitfall

I have a question. Maybe this was answered in last year's thread and I missed it, but how are games with multiple patches handled? Decathlon, for example. Would it be broken down into gold, silver and bronze patches, or will they all be lumped together?

post-5573-0-18221900-1466181409_thumb.jpg

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 1

My $0.02: The manuals wording is "send us a picture and we'll send you the appropriate patch," meaning only one patch per entry. However, it doesn't say "limit one entry per person," so: On Laser Blast, for example, you could submit two scores- one for the 100k patch and one for the Million.

• Like 1

In this event I consider getting all the patches for the corresponding game. For example If you submit the score for 1,000,000 in Laser Blast you get both patches. If you submit over 10,000 in Decathlon you get all Bronze, Silver, and Gold patches. 72 tanks blasted in Robot Tank Medal of Merit, Cross of Excellence, and Star of Honor received. So up to that ranking of patch earned by score for ones that have multiple.

• Like 1