IGNORED

The 2016 Activision Patches Summer Quest.

Nutsy Doodleheimer

5 days and 76 patches earned!! That is absolutley impressive! We are nearing one-third of the total patches already earned from last year and July is 12 days away!! Great gaming! To those new and experiencing the Activision games, I will provide a detailed guide on the best ones to start out with and rank each game's difficulty level in earning the patches. On a difficulty of 1-5 stars with 1 being easy and 5 being difficult.

Chopper Command: * (easy)This is one of the easiest patches to earn and at 10,000 points it is very low for a target score. Just take your time and slowly moving gunning down helicopters and planes and after surviving 3 or 4 waves you got it!

Ice Hockey: * (easy) The computer can be pesky but will not put up much of a fight. Just keep swinging your stick and it will knock them down. If you score 7 or 8 goals you should have it in the bag.

Pitfall: * (easy) Another rediculously low target score. Just go left the whole time as you see more of the treasures as well as going with the flow of the rolling logs.

River Raid: * (easy) Another one that is too low. Just take your time and gun everything down in sight. Stock up on fuel when you get roughly a third of the tank remaining. Stay in the center to avoid jets colliding with you out of nowhere. Use your best judgement when to speed up.

Freeway: * (easy) Just study the pattern of the flow of traffic and once you got it down pat, you can easily get 20-22 chickens safely across. Remember you have 2 minutes and 16 seconds to do so.

Decathlon: ** (simple) If you have a trak ball controller, use it! You will easily get over 10,000 and get the gold.

Laser Blast: ** (simple) Pretty simple but very tedious. Just use your best judgement on moving towards and firing the laser bases. Will take several hours to get 1,000,000 points.

Seaquest: ** (simple) Not as hard as it seems. Destroy as many subs and sharks as you wish. Just keep your eye on the oxygen meter and be wary of the ship above the water.

Plaque Attack: *** (moderate) Keep firing and stay close to all the junk food as you can to rid them quick. Extra tooth every 2,000 points.

Spider Fighter: ** (simple) Not a hard one actually. It's actually easier in the setting A difficulty. Just be alert and have good reflexes.

Kaboom!: *** (moderate) Straight forward. Intentionally miss within 10-20 away from every 1,000 so that will slow the mad bomber down and get an extra bucket every 1,000 points.

Oink!: ** (simple) Just stay as far to the top as possible and fire away every brick at each hole.

Megamania: ** (simple) Try to stay in the center and fire quickly. Know the patterns and need good reflexes to avoid the shots being fired. The second round of the horizontal moving enemies will be tough.

Enduro: ** (simple) Days one through three are relatively easy. Day 4 you need to be cautious and ease off on the gas and slow down when needed.

Sky Jinks: ** (simple) Pretty easy to acquire. Just know the pattern and when to slow down and turn to avoid balloons, trees, and towers.

Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns: *** (moderate) The target score is half of the highest possible score to achieve. You have unlimited lives but remember you lose points when touched by an enemy until you are moved back to the last checkpoint you reached. Lots of gold bars and other stuff.

Keystone Kapers: *** (moderate) Know how and when to dodge the bouncing balls. Never take the elevator to the top as Harry Hooligan backtracks and goes down a level which you can't do unless you take the elevator. Know when carts, planes, and radios are appearing.

Stampede: *** (moderate) Keep the top and bottom cattle available without wrangling them and will get easy access to big points. Go for the black angus and pale colored cattle for big points. Extra cattle to pass every 1,000 points.

Barnstorming: ** (simple) Best to do is go through the course and jot down where the barns and towers are located so you can get a great idea on the flight path. Make sure you go down part of the way through the barns and the flight patterns of the geese for holes.

Pressure Cooker: *** (moderate) Move quick and look at the items you need simultaneously. Need to think fast. Levels will alternate being more or less toppings but the belts move quicker as it progresses. A very fun game.

Frostbite: *** (moderate) Think fast and try to avoid being far left or right as you can get pushed in by a bird or touched by a crab or clam. Collect as many fish as you can. And stay center near the top row of glaciers when the polar bear is around so you can make way into the igloo.

Dragster: **** (hard) Timing and knowing when to shift is key.

Dolphin: *** (moderate for friends of dolphins) ***** (difficult for secret society) Be alert for the stack of seahorses and know the waves by tone. Keep an eye out for the seagull which enables you to catch the squid.

Starmaster: ** (simple-Ensign) *** (moderate-Leader) **** (hard-Wing Commander) ***** (difficult-Starmaster) Best played on a console so you can toggle through. Be alert and keep yourself fueled up.

Beamrider: **** (hard) Keep your eyes on extra ships floating by for added points and know when to manuever. Try to not lose a life early as it gets harder later.

H.E.R.O.: **** (hard) Study the levels and know the path.

Grand Prix: **** (hard) Study where the other vehicles are and know when to maneuver. Be wary when to slow speeds. Tricky one to earn. Collision detection is unforgiving.

Robot Tank: ***(moderate-Medal of Merit) ****(hard-Cross of Excellence) *****(brutal-Star of Honor) Know when to veer left or right and be alert. The 72 tank patch is considered to be the most difficult of all patches to earn.

Kabobber: *** (moderate) Unfamilar with it.

Tennis: ** (simple) The computer is pesky but try to get a sharp angle on your shots.

Private Eye: **** (hard) Be fast and search everywhere. Another one I'm not familiar with.

Space Shuttle: **** (hard-Space Shuttle Pilot) ***** (difficult- Space Shuttle Commander) Not familiar with this game. But you need a six switch console for it.

Crackpots: ***** (difficult) 75,000 is a bit high for this one. The black and blue spiders are easy, time it right on the green ones, and the red ones are a pain! Be fast and on your toes.

Skiing: ***** (difficult) A very tough one. Knowing when to angle and shift directions is key.

• Like 6

5 days and 76 patches earned!! That is absolutley impressive! We are nearing one-third of the total patches already earned from last year and July is 12 days

WOW. Amazing Keith. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You certainly are making plenty of progress and such short time from last year. Top notch work to say the least!

Keep it up as always bro. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Nice guide. I'm pretty sure there was a Space Shuttle overlay for 4-switch consoles, so it's possible to play, but trickier with the difficulty switches in the back.

Yes, I confirm. I love this cart :) It's the kind of "game" where you can ruin all your efforts just because you forgot a little detail and burned in the atmosphere ! Manual is mandatory.

Four more patches for me, thanks to the real hardware:

- Frostbite,

- H.E.R.O.,

- Pitfall II

- Kaboom.

I had a very hard time with Kaboom. Usually, I am pretty good at paddle games, but this one really rips me a new one. Believe it or not: 3,543 is my personal best. I don't know how many attempts ended at 2.7 to 2.9k before I finally made it. Still love the game, though. Barely made the cut in HERO as well. The game is awesome, but those 78k are actually close to my personal best of 83k. Also, happy to have Pitfall II off my list. That game annoys me :).

post-34656-0-26710000-1466419093_thumb.jpg

post-34656-0-70162300-1466419108_thumb.jpg

post-34656-0-81357100-1466419119_thumb.jpg

post-34656-0-69154100-1466419130_thumb.jpg

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 2

Yes, I confirm. I love this cart :) It's the kind of "game" where you can ruin all your efforts just because you forgot a little detail and burned in the atmosphere ! Manual is mandatory.

I've always though this game might be easier on an emulator with the switches mapped to the buttons on a controller, but I haven't actually sat down and tried playing it that way.

Welcome aboard Arenafoot and glad that you joined us! :) Awesome score in Ice Hockey by the way! :thumbsup: Killer day for Roadrunner in earning 7 patches. Great score in Megamania Karokoenig. For your information. Last year in the first week only 22 patches were earned. This year 97 patches earned in the first 6 days!! Almost 4 and a half times more and 41% of the way to surpassing 236. Great gaming guys! I am having fun with this!

• Like 2