IGNORED

The 2016 Activision Patches Summer Quest.

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Laser Blast is proving to be a challenge: Five hours of "pew! Pew! pew!" without breaking concentration or falling asleep or going to the bathroom or having the phone go off etc...

However, I did manage something different:

post-12607-0-97126300-1468726649_thumb.jpg

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 2

The thing about Laser Blast is that it goes so slow, so getting the 100,000 points is a test of patience more than anything.

I'm in total agreement! There are some good game elements in it, some which weren't previously seen on the 2600, but it's not a very deep game. I've always thought the early levels were the toughest because they move slow but shoot fast. Once they start moving fast, they try too hard to move toward you before shooting and are more predictable. Which is why high scores are achievable if you just wait them out.

Laser Blast is an abolute tedious game. I said last year that I vowed to never play it again after getting 1,000,000 points. Well, one year later I did it again. I guess I have no life. :P Great to see some new gamers here and welcome aboard especially Atarian7! :)

Thanks

• Like 1

For the games that have more than one time or accomplishment does it count for 2 patches if you do two of them or 4 such as in Grand Prix?

Great question, originally they all counted as one patch earned. But we should try to think of something. Like an extra entry to the Atari box pool.
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard to the Summer Patch Quest. Great scores for all the games, but in Sky Jinks you earn the patch if you get 37.00 seconds or less for the total elapsed time. You were slightly over. Keep on going, you can do it! :)
  • Like 2

thanks,by the way,which games i´m missing here?

If you go to the first post, I have a list of all the Activision patches and the time and point requirements in earning the specific patch. You got 9 out of the 10 games you posted qualified for a patch except for Sky Jinks. And for one patch you earn it will put you into a drawing for a raffle my co-host Toiletunes is doing which will be done sometime in early September/after Labor Day. The more patches you earn, the better the odds at winning the box of Atari goodies.

• Like 2

If you go to the first post, I have a list of all the Activision patches and the time and point requirements in earning the specific patch. You got 9 out of the 10 games you posted qualified for a patch except for Sky Jinks. And for one patch you earn it will put you into a drawing for a raffle my co-host Toiletunes is doing which will be done sometime in early September/after Labor Day. The more patches you earn, the better the odds at winning the box of Atari goodies.

thanks,but i don't want the box,i'm doing this just for fun honestly :) (besides,i don´t live in USA),so consider me a unofficial participant of the competition.

Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 2

thanks,but i don't want the box,i'm doing this just for fun honestly :) (besides,i don´t live in USA),so consider me a unofficial participant of the competition.

No problem and glad to have you aboard :) Nothing wrong with playing and setting the bar high. I am the same way myself as I want to do this for fun as well. And being the host of this I consider it not fair to be in part of the drawing for the box so I am going to respectfully decline it as well. At least I beat last year's total of 27 but hope to get 35 before all is said and done. Don't hesitate to change your mind either. Just let Toiletunes know as he is the co-host and in charge of the box raffle. :)

• Like 2

At long last, patch #23:

Laser Blast (million points) !!!!!!

If you try for this one: Eat about one hour before you start, go to the bathroom about ten minutes before you start, don't have any spectators (they'll get bored and you'll get distracted) and don't bring candy- you think it will help, but you'll finish it too soon and the sugar crash will kill your chances. Also, try flying around for a minute or two without shooting, it pays to learn how to dodge.

post-12607-0-83158300-1468982753_thumb.jpgpost-12607-0-83158300-1468982753_thumb.jpg

• Like 5