IGNORED

In the spirit of community, a new release is announced!

Tarzilla

Thinking about Poker and Blackjack forcing players to "look away" to not see other's cards, and thinking about how Hover Force uses color tricks to get the 3D Glasses Effect....

A Super Pro version of Warship (for the follow-on release to this cart) that requires each player to wear glasses with color-shifting to make the opponent's setup invisible. Not sure how it would be done without causing massive headaches, but I usually reserve that kind of stuff for the Programming subforum.

If any of you venture outside the Intellivision forum, you may have h[snip]

• Like 1

Thinking about Poker and Blackjack forcing players to "look away" to not see other's cards, and thinking about how Hover Force uses color tricks to get the 3D Glasses Effect....

A Super Pro version of Warship (for the follow-on release to this cart) that requires each player to wear glasses with color-shifting to make the opponent's setup invisible. Not sure how it would be done without causing massive headaches, but I usually reserve that kind of stuff for the Programming subforum.

That's an interesting concept.

I've never used the 3D glasses to play Hover Force. Do they work well?

Do they work better than those red decoder glasses:

decoder2.jpg

And you can get blue ones:

special-design-PAPER-3d-decoding-viewer-

Punching the Peeker is easier.

I've played around with the 3d effect, for polarized hide a color to work, similar like you can get for the Xbox and PS3 on a 3d TV for playing split screen games like halo, won't work in this case since the color of the glasses has to match the color on the tv. Maybe possible with LCD but not crt.

decoder2.jpg

And you can get blue ones:

special-design-PAPER-3d-decoding-viewer-

The 3d for hover force is different than the red ones you show. Works ok but the concept is based off of a color being assigned a depth

decoder2.jpg

Yes, they work rather well. Since I tried it, I only play it with the 3D glasses now. The effect is subtle but noticeable and very cool.

-dZ.

• 1 month later...

Anyone who attended kindergarten (and had a decent kindergarten art teacher) knows that black is not a color.

Walk into a commercial printer and ask them to print "an absence of color" onto their white media...they will be laughing at your useless physics and optics knowledge the same way we are...