IGNORED

Retro-Bit Generations

Ferris Beuler's Day Off and Space Balls are two of my favorite 80's flicks! :D

It's all connected. Where is Kevin Bacon?

Retro-Bit Generations

Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Voyager

Spaceballs

LOL Spaceballs, so dumb but I like it. Tim Russ, who was Tuvok the Very Serious Vulcan on Star Trek Voyager, had a little part in Spaceballs.

https://youtu.be/g3iFJpGJiug

• Like 1

Time has passed. Tumbleweeds and cobwebs have settled in. But I still have hope that the Warriors of Light any owners of retail Generations units can help confirm the platforms for these 18 remaining titles:

- 10-yard fight -- irem

- argus -- jaleco

- astyanax -- jaleco

- exed exes -- capcom

- exerion -- jaleco

- field combat -- jaleco

- formation z -- jaleco

- higemaru -- capcom

- image fight -- irem

- kickle cubicle -- irem

- kid niki: radical ninja -- irem

- major title (listed as: major title golf) -- irem

- r-type iii: the third lightning (listed as: r type 3) -- irem

- rocky rodent -- irem

- rod-land (listed as: rod land) -- jaleco

- sonson -- capcom

- totally rad -- jaleco

- zippy race -- irem

Also, I still need playability test results for Gadget Twins and Onslaught (i.e., do they even start?).

I am more of a Star trek Classic kind of guy (up to Start Trek 4) ..... "what does it mean: exact change" kind of guy.

I always liked my STIV:TVH reference in this 2013 post.

With the revival of my quest to identify what's in the Generations, I apologize if I lead anyone out there to quote Bones when he responds to Chang's "I am constant as the northern star" in STVI:TUC. ;)

onmode-ky

onmode-ky -- Maybe you should just get your own system? ;)

Has anyone confirmed whether not this thing will play roms off the SD card?

In reviews I have seen it does not, just used for saves, this is the type of thing that if it DID load roms you'd have likely heard it from someone by now. According to this recent review it likely wont even be used for any type of upgrades either which sucks because apparently it is pretty crappy overall with bad sound and timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGPWJIMbFnc

• Like 1

Time has passed. Tumbleweeds and cobwebs have settled in. But I still have hope that the Warriors of Light any owners of retail Generations units can help confirm the platforms for these 18 remaining titles:

- 10-yard fight -- irem

- argus -- jaleco

- astyanax -- jaleco

- exed exes -- capcom

- exerion -- jaleco

- field combat -- jaleco

- formation z -- jaleco

- higemaru -- capcom

- image fight -- irem

- kickle cubicle -- irem

- kid niki: radical ninja -- irem

- major title (listed as: major title golf) -- irem

- r-type iii: the third lightning (listed as: r type 3) -- irem

- rocky rodent -- irem

- rod-land (listed as: rod land) -- jaleco

- sonson -- capcom

- totally rad -- jaleco

- zippy race -- irem

• Like 1

In reviews I have seen it does not, just used for saves, this is the type of thing that if it DID load roms you'd have likely heard it from someone by now. According to this recent review it likely wont even be used for any type of upgrades either which sucks because apparently it is pretty crappy overall with bad sound and timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGPWJIMbFnc

I just noticed this reviewer's unit does not contain a certain platforming game involving poultry, swiss cheese, and robot mice on the games list... :ponder:

Weird how he harps about how nice the controllers are. I found them to be pretty bad honestly, and no options to use alternative controllers... :sad:

Am I the only one that keeps an eye on this thread because I'm waiting for the $20 fire sale to start?

I genuinely wonder how many they've sold in total. I seriously doubt it's over 1,000.

For every guy that grips about a product online, there are probably 50 more enjoying it. Or not... :P

I've seen at least one somewhat pleased owner.

http://videogamecritic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=147520#p147520

He recognizes that it's imperfect, but doesn't seem nearly as annoyed by the issues as others have been.

That's totally consistent with the tone of the videogamecritic site -- tons of variety and things to try, kind of a celebration of the eclectic. I had a buffet-loving friend who was fond of saying, "quantity IS quality!" What better way to generate 100 Twitter-length capsule reviews for the site?

The TinyCartridge impressions and review were similar -- "this isn't GOOD, but I like it anyway."

• Like 1

I don't know if that applies to THE retrogamer or classic gamer.. But it definitely applies to the reviewer. So much regurgitation and repetition happen with reviews it's boring just plain meh. And to properly review retro things you have to have direct experience with them. Not just plug'n'play for a day, but have played with them repeatedly for real fun outside of the review. And preferably back in the day.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm personally getting tired of "reviews" that are essentially a regurgitation of the press release. Good recent examples are the NES Classic and Retro Bit Generations. Lots of videos on YouTube, lots of blog posts, but very, VERY few actually telling me how it looks, how it sounds, etc. I want to compare the audio on the NES Classic with the original. I want to see the slowdown on the RBG. I don't need five people showing me it has HDMI. Thanks, I already knew that part.