IGNORED

Retro-Bit Generations

evg2000, you are a legend! Or as the system menu would say, a "Legend E." You've been saving the day with your photos since (before) the time I asked to use some of your pictures on my website years ago. :) Thanks a ton!

The complete list of Retro-Bit Generations games and their affiliated companies:

ARC (5 games)

- captain commando -- capcom

- forgotten worlds -- capcom

- ghouls 'n ghosts -- capcom

- knights of the round -- capcom

- varth: operation thunderstorm -- capcom

NES/FAM (48 games)

- 10-yard fight -- irem

- 1942 -- capcom

- 1943 -- capcom

- alfred chicken (listed as: alfred chicken i) -- mindscape/twilight

- argus -- jaleco

- astyanax -- jaleco

- bases loaded (listed as: bases loaded i) -- jaleco

- bases loaded ii: second season -- jaleco

- bashi bazook: morphoid masher -- jaleco

- bionic commando -- capcom

- city connection -- jaleco

- commando -- capcom

- [the] escape from atlantis -- piko interactive/color dreams

- esper boukentai (listed as: esper corps) -- jaleco

- exed exes -- capcom

- exerion -- jaleco

- field combat -- jaleco

- formation z -- jaleco

- free fall -- piko interactive/color dreams

- gun.smoke -- capcom

- hammerin' harry -- irem

- higemaru makaijima: nanatsu no shima daibouken (listed as: higemaru) -- capcom

- holy diver -- irem

- hoops -- jaleco

- image fight -- irem

- moero!! juudou warriors (listed as: judo warriors 2) -- jaleco

- kickle cubicle -- irem

- kaiketsu yanchamaru 2: karakuri land (listed as: kid niki radical ninja 2) -- irem

- kid niki: radical ninja -- irem

- spartan x 2 (listed as: kung-fu master 2) -- irem

- lan master -- piko interactive/shiru

- lawn mower -- piko interactive/shiru

- youkai club (listed as: monster club) -- jaleco

- jajamaru no daibouken (listed as: ninja jajamaru no daibouken) -- jaleco

- ninja jajamaru-kun -- jaleco

- pinball quest -- jaleco

- pizza pop! -- jaleco

- plasma ball -- jaleco

- quest forge: by order of kings (listed as: questforge) -- piko interactive/ludosity

- ring king -- data east

- rod-land (listed as: rod land (spaced differently from system's GB rod-land listing)) -- jaleco

- snakky -- piko interactive/shiru

- sonson -- capcom

- the black bass -- hot b

- the blue marlin -- hot b

- totally rad -- jaleco

- zippy race -- irem

- zooming secretary (listed as: zooming secrataries (sic)) -- piko interactive/shiru

SNES/SFC (29 games)

- 2048 -- piko interactive/alekmaul/gabriele cirulli

- apocalypse ii (listed as: apocolypse ii) -- piko interactive/psygnosis

- astrohawk -- piko interactive/paul lay

- big run: the supreme 4wd challenge - 13e rallye -- jaleco

- brawl brothers -- jaleco

- corn buster -- piko interactive/engine software

- creepy bird -- piko interactive/shiru

- dorke & ymp (listed as: dorke n ymp) -- piko interactive/norse

- jim power: the lost dimension in 3d -- piko interactive/loriciel

- legend (listed as: legend e) -- piko interactive/softgold/c&l associated

- [the irem] major title (listed as: major title golf) -- irem

- mazezam challenge (listed as: mazezam) -- piko interactive/alekmaul/malcolm tyrrell

- mr. bloppy saves the world (listed as: mr bloopy (sic)) -- piko interactive/compedia

- night defender: 2nd quest (listed as: night defender 2) -- piko interactive/shiru

- night defender -- piko interactive/bubblezap/shiru

- operation logic bomb -- jaleco

- r-type iii: the third lightning (listed as: r type 3) -- irem

- rival turf! -- jaleco

- rockfall -- piko interactive/paul lay

- rocky rodent -- irem

- rushing beat shura -- jaleco

- skipp and friends: unexpected journey (listed as: skip (sic) and friends) -- piko interactive/mukunda johnson

- super alfred chicken -- mindscape/twilight

- super earth defense force -- jaleco

- super ghouls 'n ghosts -- capcom

- super 3d noah's ark (listed as: super noahs (sic) ark) -- piko interactive/wisdom tree

- super r-type -- irem

- the ignition factor -- jaleco

- super thor quest (listed as: thors (sic) quest) -- piko interactive/bubblezap

GEN/MD (8 games)

- battle squadron -- piko interactive/electronic arts/innerprise

- gadget twins -- piko interactive/gametek/imagitec

- mercs -- capcom

- onslaught -- piko interactive/ballistic/nextgrand

- smart mouse -- piko interactive/ming super chip

- sumo slam -- piko interactive/segaman

- sword of sodan -- piko interactive/electronic arts/innerprise

- clan of heroes: generals of the yang family (listed as: yang warrior family) -- piko interactive/[unknown]

GB (11 games)

- alfred chicken -- mindscape/twilight

- avenging spirit -- jaleco

- banishing racer -- jaleco

- bases loaded -- jaleco

- battle unit zeoth -- jaleco

- fortified zone -- jaleco

- hero shuugou!! pinball party (listed as: hero pinball party) -- jaleco

- ikari no yousai 2 -- jaleco

- maru's mission -- jaleco

- rod-land (listed as: rodland (sic) gb) -- jaleco

- soldam -- jaleco

GBA (3 games)

- anguna: warriors of virtue -- piko interactive/bite the chili

- broken circle -- piko interactive/7 raven studios

- world reborn -- piko interactive/neopong

Based on what Kosmic noted about that video review, it looks like the most recent revision of the system leaves out the Alfred Chicken games (which were not intended to be in the retail version). I'm kind of curious what else might change with Retro-Bit's supposed February redo.

onmode-ky -- Maybe you should just get your own system? ;)

Believe me, if I could have found one at any of the stores around me, I'd have long ago bought one, gotten all the info I was looking for, and returned it. I've done that with a few plug-n-play systems I was curious about over the past ~12 years. Asking for help in the forum is the last resort (I was going to say that buying one online is the last resort, but I'd never go so far as to foot the shipping bill to return something that I didn't intend to keep in the first place).

Am I the only one that keeps an eye on this thread because I'm waiting for the $20 fire sale to start?

Hmm. I suppose it may run the Game Boy games well enough to justify $20.

onmode-ky

• Like 4

They should've focused on Jaleco arcade games. 2nd tier arcade games are more appealing than 2nd tier home console/handheld games.

What state is the GBA emulation in? With only three games present, I imagine the results weren't pretty judging by the lack of care given to the other emulator cores that the bulk of the lineup runs off of. But I don't think I saw any GBA footage on the YouTube videos that I've watched.

Edited by Atariboy

I don't know, I didn't feel like reading through twelve pages for a garbage product.

To be honest, it's not the worst plug and play to ever get released. Some of the old Chinese bootlegs were truly horrid. As a fan of Piko's stuff, just his games alone are worth the price of admission. With better controllers, emulation, and GUI, this would have been a kick ass little system. It's just the attention to detail that's absent in so many cloned products...

To be honest, it's not the worst plug and play to ever get released. Some of the old Chinese bootlegs were truly horrid. As a fan of Piko's stuff, just his games alone are worth the price of admission. With better controllers, emulation, and GUI, this would have been a kick ass little system. It's just the attention to detail that's absent in so many cloned products...

Still it is a pathetic effort all around from RetroBit.

• Like 1

"With better controllers, emulation, and GUI, this would have been a kick ass little system."

The product is comprised of pre-existing roms, pre existing emulators, and overall tech that is already out there. All you need to do is put it all together and make it work. There are people doing it every day by the thousands with their raspberry pi micro consoles. There are tons of emulation machines out there. There is barely anything to develop, you just have to make your version of the thing. How hard can that be?

I can't see why anyone would defend this. Who gains by we having more of this? Sure, it's legal. But this sets a bad precedent. Probably next time these companies licence something to another company they'll be more careful. PEople who buy this might not buy the next one. I can't see how this helps.

• Like 3

Odd that the primary response to the NES Classic is "A Pi is way better!", yet the primary response to the RBG is "Oh, it's not that bad, and it's hard to go wrong for $60."

People are weird.

The way I see it...The NES Classic is Awesome, but for those that didn't get one "A Pi is way better..."...And I'm not disagreeing that Nintendo really messed up with those shortages. A lot of people would have bought one if they were available. Of course around Here, there are plenty of computer literate folk who really would prefer a Pi I suppose...

The Retro-Bit is a different animal. It seems almost Universally loathed at this point...However part of that hating comes from it being such a good idea, IF They'd pulled it off properly...(Proper emulation speeds, more honesty as to which version of which game was being used, better controllers or the ability to use something else, etc.

As for the few who bought one and are now saying "It isn't that bad...", Well I understand that better than most, because if I'd had any extra money when this thing first came out I'm sure I'd be one of them. 9 times out of 10, I'd rather jump into untested waters and not pay any attention to reviews or videos or other people's opinions....I'd rather make my own, and sometimes seeing something for the first time (and with no preconceived notions) is half the fun for me....I know other people who'd rather watch a video of someone else playing a game, while trying to decide if they're going to like it, or ask other people, "Well, do You like it?", "What do You think?"

I'm not saying I'm immune to other people's opinions and that I don't care what other people think, but to me finding out what other people think is like a nice discussion, it's not a "be all end all" basis for buying something...I guess this is the exception that proves the rule however, because I am in fact Not Buying one based solely on what others have said...

But if I had bought one, I'd be trying to look for the positives, too...Some of the games might be fun Even If they're the wrong speed or wrong sound, etc....And there's some cool games to test...But I think deep down I'd be disappointed the product hadn't been better from the get go.

• Like 1

Kosmic Stardust, on 15 Dec 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

Agreed GoldLeader. It takes a special kind of person to look for the good in things. Maybe I'm a rare breed. Either way, it's a cool novelty for sure... :)

Nothing wrong with taking a chance...

You know the risks,...

It's your money.

You're a big boy.

I mean In the end...you either like it or you don't...Or I suppose you might like some things about it...But, Life will probably go on even if it's not as cool as you were hoping.

Sometimes you gotta roll the die. You only live once!*

Or maybe multiple times depending on your belief system... :lolblue:

• Like 1

Agreed GoldLeader. It takes a special kind of person to look for the good in things. Maybe I'm a rare breed. Either way, it's a cool novelty for sure... :)

I understand wanting to see the brighter side of things, but your attitude is why crap like this can still fly in 2016.

• Like 1

I think it's good to take someone's perspective into account...

And I don't think too many of us here want to stand up for Retro-Bit either...

We know Kosmic already bought one, and as Austin said, he's looking on the bright side...

That said, I don't recall him really pimpin' it, or telling everyone they should get one...Or even saying it's great.

And I could be wrong here, but I think he was just saying amidst all the bad news HE found some things he also liked about it...

• Like 1

I think it's good to take someone's perspective into account...

And I don't think too many of us here want to stand up for Retro-Bit either...

We know Kosmic already bought one, and as Austin said, he's looking on the bright side...

That said, I don't recall him really pimpin' it, or telling everyone they should get one...Or even saying it's great.

And I could be wrong here, but I think he was just saying amidst all the bad news HE found some things he also liked about it...

In fact had I gotten a spare NES Mini for myself (I did secure one for my uncle), I probably would have passed on it. The controller's not that great, and you can't replace them. The emulation is shoddy and the game selection is hit or miss.

I was merely stating the fact that it is what it is and despite it's flaws there are some good games and you can have fun with one of these.

• Like 1

Wonder if this will change anybody's opinions? Use your head when downloading the bin file tho...

Retro Bit Generations Hacked, Here is How:

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2016/12/20/retro-bit-generations-hacked-here-is-how/

Wow!

I just read that article and raced back over here to post it...You beat me to it IG-88!

That might change things a bit...