Cool!  You may be able to override the default styling of the links if you want, though it seems that you'd want to only do it for non-mobile clients.  That's an aspect of site authorship I've got no direct experience with at all.  My site's all old-school pre-fancy-tools days and not mobile friendly. :P 

15 minutes ago, intvsteve said:

My site's all old-school pre-fancy-tools days and not mobile friendly.

The Bally Alley website isn't mobile friendly either.  This used to sort of bother me... but I don't think about it anymore.  If anyone is interested in the Astrocade, then it's presumed that they have the knowledge on how to use a personal computer.  If a user's phone can't handle the hardcore power of BallyAlley.com then they'll know that they have to use a more powerful system to access the awesome site that covers the best game console ever created (that can run "AstroBASIC").

Adam

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ballyalley said:

...the best game console ever created...

Adam

I second that!

I uploaded episode 11 of the Bally Alley Astrocast today.  In this episode I'm joined by my 25-year-old son, Dominic. We recorded this episode over Christmas break while he was visiting.  We discuss Dominic's memories of growing up with an Astrocade in the house in the late-to-mid-nineties and early 2000s. We also review the Bally BASIC/AstroBASIC game "Hamurabi."

1817541274_Hamurabi(DickHouser)(AstrocadeScreenshot)_02_tn.jpg.71e10d75a04d645068de325ca2b1f28e.jpg

You can listen to the podcast here:

http://ballyalleyastrocast.libsyn.com/podcast/bally-alley-astrocast-episode-11-hamurabi-by-richard-houser

As always there are plenty of show notes.  Also, as always, the links in the show notes are black, so they're hard to see-- but they do work.

Enjoy!

Adam

• Like 1

Glad to see a comeback of this podcast after a 2 year gap. 

1 hour ago, S1500 said:

Glad to see a comeback of this podcast after a 2 year gap. 

What I've learned from the long gap between episodes of the Astrocast is that in order to keep going then I need to record something.  Anything.  Even alone.  I should have know that already, for writing is the same way.  If I'm waiting for inspiration, then I'll be waiting forever.  Just write.  I'm thinking this now about the podcast: just record should be my new motto.

I'd like to see the podcast built up to a once-a-month schedule with maybe a special episode now and then too.  We'll see how it goes.  In the meantime... thanks for listening!

Adam