IGNORED

Torii In The Sea

CyranoJ

Yeah Walter in the states it was called Ninja I believe, as soon as I saw the screenshot then video I was instantly brought back! I remember playing this this on my old Tandy 1000 ?

That's one of the other cool things about Retro Gaming, the games you liked/played but forgot about. Definitely the case here :)

Very cool CJ ?

The music is dire. I might change it for the pokey music (screw you, sid!)

Yes, the Atari 8-bit version music was much better than the ST version (maybe because it is by Rob Hubbard instead of David Whittaker :roll: ). I I even like the Pokey version more than the SID version. And don't speak of the Amiga music, that one is even worse than the ST music.

Robert

• Like 1

Wow ! Mastertronic's Ninja! I played the tits off this game on the C64 back in the day.

One of my all-time favorite titles on the C64 (though I remember throwing knives was a bit challenging).

The background detail looks a lot better on your screenshots though, this port must have been enhanced a bit for the ST + Amiga.

According to ASMA its by Steve Coleman.

Not according to Chris Abbott who manages licensing Rob Hubbard's music:

During the Sidologie kickstarter I had a conversation with Chris Abbott from c64audio.com about including the Jet Set Willy Atari soundtrack. C64 Audio is handling the licensing of many C64 music tracks so he is in direct contact with several C64 composers.

When talking about other Rob Hubbard's Atari 8-bit tracks I said that the Atari versions of The Last V8, Thrust and Ninja were not done by Rob but then Chris replied that the Ninja soundtrack was done by Rob because his invoice book said so. Thus it seems his invoice book has a better memory than Rob :lol:

I've looked into the player code of Ninja and other Rob's Atari music and the Ninja music player is very similar to Rob's other Atari music including The Extirpator (all those players have similar code but not exactly the same). The music players of David Whittaker or Adam Gilmore are completely different from Rob's. So both Ninja and The Extirpator at least build upon Rob's Atari Pokey music player.

The ASMA comment about The Extirpator is only that Rob doesn't remember The Extirpator so it is still possible that his did the conversion but that he was never told the title of the game it ended up in.

• Like 1

Hi Cj , how do you get up to next level as killed all the ninjas and cant get through trap door above to next level. Is there a button you press as up doesnt work.

Stand under it, press up. I got all the way to the top floor. You have to line up perfectly, though.

Are multi-buttons supported? I'm trying to remember but I swear there was at least one function that could be done from the keyboard on the ST.

There's also an Amiga version. Some might prefer the PAULA audio from that version. Can't remember if it was a straight port of the ST version or if they actually enhanced the graphics slightly too.

I'm assuming there's no button selection to toggle the gore. Would be pretty cool if you could select the option to hack off body parts. I know on my 1040STf, my friends and I witnessed it doing this after we had played the ST solid for an entire day and night and it got blazing hot. Never have seen it happen again though.

Awesome work, Cyrano!