IGNORED

Project Scorpio

Master Phruby

Am on the Amazon pre order list,well they contact you the minute its up for pre order anyways.

But will probably buy at Gamestop since theyre close by and the lines aren't as long for consoles launches.

Twitter has some talk of Sega possibly providing Microsoft with exclusives for Scorpio,nothing concrete

just some speculation is all. Might happen maybe,Microsoft need better Japanese support

and if they fund development for Sega I'm sure they might be interested.

Hard to believe E3 is 5 days away,wow.

Am on the Amazon pre order list,well they contact you the minute its up for pre order anyways.

But will probably buy at Gamestop since theyre close by and the lines aren't as long for consoles launches.

Twitter has some talk of Sega possibly providing Microsoft with exclusives for Scorpio,nothing concrete

just some speculation is all. Might happen maybe,Microsoft need better Japanese support

and if they fund development for Sega I'm sure they might be interested.

Hard to believe E3 is 5 days away,wow.

I pray to the gaming gods the Sega rumor is true. Would love some Sega Xbox remasters, such as Panzer Dragoon Orta. The Grabbed by the Ghoulies and Phantom Dust remasters are cool. Phantasy Star Online 2 finally coming to North America and an XB1 exclusive! lol

Watching the live cast now... Official name seems underwhelming compared to different new specs, but i guess they want to keep it within the Xbox One platform. Still lots of new games coming out with more diverse genres than the usual dudebro stuff.

That price of $499 is gonna hurt them against the PS4 Pro though, thought they would have learned that from the first Xbone launch. Still this E3 event is way better with 95% being game trailers...

Would like to get it someday but for now I'll save up for the S for now...

Right now the only reason I'd consider getting a console is Red Dead Redemption 2. If they'd kept Forza 7 exclusive I could have given myself that excuse too. Otherwise there aren't any games on the XBones that I can't already play on my PC and Steam is a much better marketplace than the X-Box live store.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What does everyone think about the system's name? I can't believe it's called Xbox One X.......are you kidding me? Xbox One was stupid enough.

I'm fine with it. It's not going to win any awards for cleverness for sure, but it's at least clear what it is (although I don't know about the general public). S and X. Mid- and High-end tiers. Simple enough (again, still not sure about the general public). They could have just called it "Xbox One Pro" or whatever, but that's kind of limiting. Once you go "Pro," where do you go when the next iterative update hits? I assume we'll get an answer to that question from Sony in 2018 or 19.

In any case, as we know with names like "Wii", it really doesn't matter what these things are called. If they sell, they sell. All that matters are the games and performance. On the latter, it's looking extremely promising.

I'm fine with it. It's not going to win any awards for cleverness for sure, but it's at least clear what it is (although I don't know about the general public). S and X. Mid- and High-end tiers. Simple enough (again, still not sure about the general public). They could have just called it "Xbox One Pro" or whatever, but that's kind of limiting. Once you go "Pro," where do you go when the next iterative update hits? I assume we'll get an answer to that question from Sony in 2018 or 19.

In any case, as we know with names like "Wii", it really doesn't matter what these things are called. If they sell, they sell. All that matters are the games and performance. On the latter, it's looking extremely promising.

A lot of people are actually comparing the Xbox One X to the WiiU name wise and how it didn't work out to well for Nintendo.

You never know though.

A lot of people are actually comparing the Xbox One X to the WiiU name wise and how it didn't work out to well for Nintendo.

You never know though.

Unlike the Wii U, this is still the XBOX One platform at its core, so I don't think it's going to affect Microsoft much. As far as it "doing well", it doesn't seem like it really matters. Microsoft is already aware it's a device for enthusiasts, and it's not going to be their primary seller.