IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

• 1 month later...

Just to save you the time of looking, here is that paragraph:

"There are no pre-order lists or anything like that, and I will ask for posts relating to this to be removed as it's just way too early. However if anyone wants to ask any questions, or if I have any progress updates, this thread is a good place for them."

• Like 2

Not much of an update, but I'm just playing around with the microcontroller I will be using to handle the EEPROM saves, CD emulation and general PC connectivity. So far I have it reading / writing to memory card and also some USB connectivity to the PC. There will be the ability to download directly from the PC to the Jag for developers to play with (that's how I'm going to develop the cart myself). That's the bit I'm working towards currently... once I can actually run code directly from the PC, it makes life a lot easier. :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe the Everdrive guy doesn't make one one of these - not only that but he's actually said that he doesn't want to. Talk about missed opportunity.

Anyway, well done to you mate. Take your time and do it right. If you end up with something stable, reliable, supports all ROMs and allows saves, I will most definitely buy one.

I can't believe the Everdrive guy doesn't make one one of these - not only that but he's actually said that he doesn't want to. Talk about missed opportunity.

I think he would rather spend his time developing products that have a much greater opportunity to sell. While he is probably managing to move thousands of NES, SNES or Genesis flash carts, he would be looking at just a few hundred Jag carts if he was lucky. It makes sense to keep his focus elsewhere.

• Like 1

Well yeah, if you compare against his best sellers then supporting the Jaguar might seem questionable. But I can't imagine he sells many Game Gear carts - yet he makes those.

Anyway, I don't really want to turn this into a thread about the Everdrive: it's meant to be a thread about the Jaguar cart that IS being made. I am super excited about this.

Edited by g4r37h

It is pretty simple, looks like the everdrive guy hates Atari, since there are only ones for nintendo and sega systems.

I am so excited for this thing. I have been filling out my collection here and there over the years, but when you end up paying 90 plus for some games, it is almost painful to pull them out of their cars and play them.