IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I've found and fixed as many issues as I can, so I'm now looking forward to getting the new PCB through and seeing if that fixes all the odd stability issues I had. Fingers crossed!

Don't worry, its the Jag. You can release a buggy half finished product and people will still snap it up like hot cakes. Because Jaguar. ;)

• Like 5

Don't worry, its the Jag. You can release a buggy half finished product and people will still snap it up like hot cakes. Because Jaguar. ;)

And don't forget to release a fancy box for it, that years from now will be auctioned off separately on eBay for an exorbitant price. Because Jaguar.
  • Like 4

And don't forget to release a fancy box for it, that years from now will be auctioned off separately on eBay for an exorbitant price. Because Jaguar.

I'm not really sure about the "Because Jaguar". More like because retro gamers will buy anything! What sucks is likely it will be a bunch of the fresh to the Jaguar scene peeps that scoop these up fast and many resellers while those who have been Jaguar enthusiasts for years may have to be on the waiting list when the first batches sell out.

• Like 2

I'm honestly surprised at how many enthusiasts I run into that have essentially a warehouse of classic gaming stuff yet have never heard of Atari Age and are completely unaware that anything has been made since the system was canceled (flash carts, homebrew, etc). If it isn't at the local game shop, flea market, or on ebay regularly, it goes right by their radar. Then I tell these people about Atari Age, Everdrives, etc... they seem interested... talk to them a month later and "oh yeah I forgot about that I should look into it sometime, I just spent like $1500 on rare games from an overpriced collector so I'm not getting anything for a while."

Of course people also come to me as the authority on what new TV to buy cause they saw mine was so great. I write them a book of advice, and they come home with a $300 4k black friday set made by "MarvelTech".....

Edited by Hastor
  • Like 4

I'm honestly surprised at how many enthusiasts I run into that have essentially a warehouse of classic gaming stuff yet have never heard of Atari Age and are completely unaware that anything has been made since the system was canceled (flash carts, homebrew, etc). If it isn't at the local game shop, flea market, or on ebay regularly, it goes right by their radar. Then I tell these people about Atari Age, Everdrives, etc... they seem interested... talk to them a month later and "oh yeah I forgot about that I should look into it sometime, I just spent like $1500 on rare games from an overpriced collector so I'm not getting anything for a while."

Oh yeah...i think we all know our fair share of people like that...haha

I for one am eternally grateful for AA and the people on here. It has taken my gaming and collecting to the next level; and i'm all about the great homebrews for these systems. It really makes it really easy to take a pass on most aspects of "modern" gaming.

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 5

Of course people also come to me as the authority on what new TV to buy cause they saw mine was so great. I write them a book of advice, and they come home with a $300 4k black friday set made by "MarvelTech".....

I'm that way with automobiles. I'm a bit of a car guy and I actually enjoy shopping for cars and negotiating on purchase prices. I've offered to help multiple friends make car purchases and offer my advice, which they are obviously free to use or ignore. But several times I've known people to buy a car without my help and they end up in a car that I would not have recommended only to hear later about how much they hate the car. It doesn't bother me because it isn't my problem, but still, I could have prevented that.

Edit:

Thanks for the update Saint. Still very excited for this.

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1

Yeah, its not possible on the Jaguar to save game states as quite a few of the hardware registers are write only. So it's not actually possible to know what state the hardware is in... :(

It may be possible to load save states from emulators, although if you cant then save again... not sure how useful this would be.

Hrm, I swore I already replied to this but either it didn't go through or I forgot to submit!

Anyway, a good use case for this would be speed runners wanting to copy over save states from an emulator they have been practicing on in order to re-run areas for practice or make splits on real hardware easier. Another use case for read only states is any game that doesn't have a level select. Save states could fix that particular issue and could be easily passed around the community to be used for those who want them.

So read only save states could be quite handy for a number of people!

Edited by Amerika

Hello SainT. Have you started taking pre-orders yet for the Jaguar SD Cartridge? If so how do I get signed up for one. Thanks.

:)

Did you read the very first post in this thread?

Piss off troll. :-o

In his defense:

(Last edited 6/20/16)

Although it still applies, it’s understandable to ask at this point. You’d really need to follow the thread to know the current status.

Exactly my point this this topic started in 2016, and as of the last month seems to be nearing competition, so a lot may have just recently changed. It is logical at this point to inquire if pre-orders are being taken, so that I can reserve the product for myself before it ships.

Edited by Tidus79001

I'm super excited for this project. I love my NeoGeo Pocket flash cart from SainT, and even more excited for this one. First thing I did was sign up for update notifications for this thread.

problem is that if you sign up for the notifications and people come in with random comments or off topic conversations it just barrages your email with notifications of every comment. I think someone put a halt to that a few weeks ago and deleted an entire page of comments that were way off topic.

This is an exciting project and many are happy for it either way.

• Like 2

problem is that if you sign up for the notifications and people come in with random comments or off topic conversations it just barrages your email with notifications of every comment. I think someone put a halt to that a few weeks ago and deleted an entire page of comments that were way off topic.

This is an exciting project and many are happy for it either way.

Exactly why I made my inquire yesterday as to if we have reached the pre-order stage yet. I am subscribed to this thread in email, and at times it is overwhelming with random comments that come in rapid succession. Trying to sift through 45 pages of posts in this thread for relevant status updates since the main post was lasted edited in 2016 is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

If you check every 5th notification from this thread, the second you see like 500 that say 'add me to the list' - that's when it is up.

Also, on every SainT project so far (I've got his neogeo and lynx carts), the first post of the thread is always updated to reflect the current status of pre orders.

It will either have an ongoing waiting list that your name gets added to (like the lynx), or a link to a page where you can be added to the list (like the neogeo).

In short, posts are editable, the first post always covers the current pre-order status.

• Like 2

If you check every 5th notification from this thread, the second you see like 500 that say 'add me to the list' - that's when it is up.

Also, on every SainT project so far (I've got his neogeo and lynx carts), the first post of the thread is always updated to reflect the current status of pre orders.

It will either have an ongoing waiting list that your name gets added to (like the lynx), or a link to a page where you can be added to the list (like the neogeo).

In short, posts are editable, the first post always covers the current pre-order status.

The first post which hasn't been updated since Jun 20, 2016. That was already stated by EzdineG 6 posts back prior to your in this thread, and myself.

Note at the bottom of the first post it currently says:

Edited by SainT, Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:45 PM.

I gave up trying to tell people that. It’s a lost cause. The fact is, they do not care and they refuse to read a few pages to find out. From now on, I think we(including SainT) should just ignore those posts or like he said in the first post, delete those comments immediately.

I gave up trying to tell people that. It’s a lost cause. The fact is, they do not care and they refuse to read a few pages to find out. From now on, I think we(including SainT) should just ignore those posts or like he said in the first post, delete those comments immediately.

Or maybe we should ignore trolls like Madam, and you who are toxic when people politely post something with no intent of provoking people. The same can't be said for the two of you :-o.

Edited by Tidus79001

Or maybe we should ignore trolls like Madam, and you who are toxic when people politely post something with no intent of provoking people. The same can't be said for the two of you :-o.

The only troll here is guys like you who refuse to follow a few simple rules and we have to come in and set you straight before we get bombarded with unnecessary notifications only to be verbally assaulted because you can’t handle being told you did something wrong and set straight.
  • Like 2

There hasn't been an update on pre-orders since Jun 20, 2016, which is why the post hasn't been updated. It isn't updated to say that there aren't any updates.

The issue here is that polite or not, this pops up way too often. I get that you might be asking for the first time, but we're hearing it for the thousanth. Aside from that the opening post says:

"There are no pre-order lists or anything like that, and I will ask for posts relating to this to be removed as it's just way too early"

That was added due to issues with other boards being flooded with that question, but didn't really stop it.

If you've read even his last couple of posts you'll know he doesn't even have a final PCB and a lot of work to do. Always good to read the first post and the last few posts by the creator.

• Like 3

There hasn't been an update on pre-orders since Jun 20, 2016, which is why the post hasn't been updated. It isn't updated to say that there aren't any updates.

The issue here is that polite or not, this pops up way too often. I get that you might be asking for the first time, but we're hearing it for the thousanth. Aside from that the opening post says:

"There are no pre-order lists or anything like that, and I will ask for posts relating to this to be removed as it's just way too early"

That was added due to issues with other boards being flooded with that question, but didn't really stop it.

If you've read even his last couple of posts you'll know he doesn't even have a final PCB and a lot of work to do. Always good to read the first post and the last few posts by the creator.

I did read it and it was last updated in 2016 so a request for pre-order status was reasonable at this point considering the progress made in the last month. Don't make assumptions that people didn't read it.

"I will ask for posts relating to this to be removed as it's just way too early. However if anyone wants to ask any questions, or if I have any progress updates, this thread is a good place for them". (SaintT first post last updated on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:45 PM.)

Let us dissect this shall we?

1) 2016 was 2 years ago yes it was too early to ask about pre-order listed. Last time is checked it is 2018 now, so no it isn't too early considering the date and late stage development of the Jaguar SD cartridge all which have occurred over the last few weeks

2) SaintT say "However if anyone wants to ask any questions, or if I have any progress updates, this thread is a good place for them". Trolls should quit cherry picking words and taking things out of context.