IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Well, if doctors are no help, I had a slightly similar issue (and experience with doctors) in a past long gone that plagued me for about a decade.

The [accidental] fix in my case, was to get [very] seriously drunk on a 68% home-made plum brandy. I'm guessing it was the 68% POWAH that burnt those suckers out (that previously didn't respond to any other chemicals I exposed them to, including 40% vodka) and I was literally cured by a home-made, old-school remedy. I always thought people were just joking when they said this is "the best medicine", but they were, indeed, actually right ! It should come without surprise that the doctors were shocked by my miraculous recovery (though liver tests took long to get back to normal levels) and strongly disagreed, yet that's exactly what helped.

The 3-day hangover was more than worth it in the end. I'm sure you know it, but you can always prepare for this by getting prescriptions that will stimulate liver recovery (I didn't do that, though).

Necessary disclaimer: Of course, only you know what's your biological threshold to avoid alcohol poisoning and/or liver malfunction, but desperate times call for desperate measures...

• Like 5

Well, if doctors are no help, I had a slightly similar issue (and experience with doctors) in a past long gone that plagued me for about a decade.

The [accidental] fix in my case, was to get [very] seriously drunk on a 68% home-made plum brandy. I'm guessing it was the 68% POWAH that burnt those suckers out (that previously didn't respond to any other chemicals I exposed them to, including 40% vodka) and I was literally cured by a home-made, old-school remedy. I always thought people were just joking when they said this is "the best medicine", but they were, indeed, actually right ! It should come without surprise that the doctors were shocked by my miraculous recovery (though liver tests took long to get back to normal levels) and strongly disagreed, yet that's exactly what helped.

The 3-day hangover was more than worth it in the end. I'm sure you know it, but you can always prepare for this by getting prescriptions that will stimulate liver recovery (I didn't do that, though).

Necessary disclaimer: Of course, only you know what's your biological threshold to avoid alcohol poisoning and/or liver malfunction, but desperate times call for desperate measures...

PM Sent for that recipe!

Was that a planned binge, or just a random blast of fun? And do you have instructions on how to make plum brandy, becausr that sounds delicious!

Planned random binge :) But it had a very unexpected and blessed result, pertinent to this thread I believe (though if you asked me on a second day :D )

No instructions, though. We only manually gathered the plums into barrels from our garden and then delivered them to the local homebrew distillery. I only vaguely recall now that initially you get a bit of ~77%, then about a bottle of 73% (this was largely regarded as an equivalent of a milliondollar bill in our society - that bottle opened many doors and fixed many unsurmountable problems!), and main production stream is a lot of 68%, then the remainder is ~62%. We paid for the services rendered mostly with the final product itself :)

While I understand that taste for alcohol is like a taste for women (everybody has a different one), I think it's a mortal sin to go through life without at least trying few bottles of Slivovitz or Rakija (Croatians make a hell-of-a killer rakija ! No headache, no issues next day!).

Arguably, the best such experience is dependent on cold climate (so forget it, if you live in places with tropical winters - like New Jersey or Florida). Having one shot of 68% after spending couple hours in -25C temperatures outside (but make sure you do open up your layers a bit enough to feel the deep freeze in your bones first) is as close to spiritual experience as you can get - every single cell in your body explosively lights up. It's almost like the endorphin shot your brain enforces upon the thermal shock when you step out of the steam sauna and submerge yourself fully into the freezing / 0C water (just neither as long nor intense).

Anecdotally, if you can make it through the impossible challenge (just one shot of slivovitz a day), you will also never get sick in winter :)

• Like 2

Yeah, looks nice -- it would have deserved to get a gold finish :)

Since your USB D+/D- tracks are pretty long, I'd recommend routing them away from the other tracks if you can, and removing the ground plane near them, like this:

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/203740/extra-spacing-between-some-traces-and-the-ground-plane/203751

Routing USB is already dodgy on 2-layer boards (you can't really get the correct impedance), the last thing you want is flaky USB connections because of signal quality issues :)

• Like 2

Yeah, looks nice -- it would have deserved to get a gold finish :)Since your USB D+/D- tracks are pretty long, I'd recommend routing them away from the other tracks if you can, and removing the ground plane near them, like this:https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/203740/extra-spacing-between-some-traces-and-the-ground-plane/203751Routing USB is already dodgy on 2-layer boards (you can't really get the correct impedance), the last thing you want is flaky USB connections because of signal quality issues :)

Gold on a prototype board? Nah. :)

USB isn't very quick on this microcontroller, it's only full speed as I remember, so impedance isn't such an issue. Will see how it behaves in testing! :)

• Like 4