IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Sadly feeling crap is a constant battle! But... more interesting news... :)

I got stuck into the Jag again today and got the USB comms / debug stuff working from the PC. So we now have:

jagsdcmd [commands]

-r   Reboot
-rd  Reboot to debug console
-fb  FLASH booter (USE WITH EXTREME CAUTION!)
-fm  FLASH menu

So to test the menu, in my makefile I can just have:

jagsdcmd -rd -fm out/menu.upd -r

Which reboots the Jag to the debug console, flashes the new menu, then reboots normally. Bloody great. I've been coding, testing with an emulator as much as I can, then copying to memory card and flashing from the cart on the console. This is so much nicer... :)

I'll obviously add the ability to upload abs and binary files to any location as well such that developers can easily write whatever they like into the cart of main memory space and then execute.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 12

Sounds like things are going right :)

Are you confident that your current hardware is THE hardware?

As far as cartridge emulation goes, it looks solid. The CD emulation I can't be certain... it looks like its just the Jaguar misbehaving, but I can't rule out the cart hardware causing issues.

• Like 3

I´m to lazy to read 56 pages of text .. so, is there a a pre-order list, where I can put my name on?

Then you to lazy to read even the first post?????,cause its there,no preorder.

I've been getting quite a few PM's and messages in the Lynx SD thread asking about a Jaguar SD cartridge (Everdrive style), which I've hinted at in a few other places. I thought I'd just make it known that the design for a Jaguar SD cartridge is largely complete and I've started some actual work on it. Although the Lynx SD cartridge production is taking all my spare time at the moment, so until I've got that under control then progress will be slow.

What I have got sorted is a good start, however. I've got a windows tool chain setup for the Jag. I have replaced the boot ROM with my own code and have hooked the Jag up to my trusty old SC1224. Next up is interfacing the Jag's DSP port to the PC via a microcontroller using the high speed synchronous serial interface. This will then let me actually do simple dev work on the Jag to test cartridge hardware.

This is going to be a while yet, it could well take another 6-12 months depending on how much time I need to devote to the Lynx SD, as this is just a hobby for me, so my time is limited.

There are no pre-order lists or anything like that, and I will ask for posts relating to this to be removed as it's just way too early. However if anyone wants to ask any questions, or if I have any progress updates, this thread is a good place for them.

Edited by SainT, Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 PM

Edited by fille1976
  • Like 1

Then you to lazy to read even the first post?????,cause its there,no preorder.

There are no pre-order lists or anything like that, [...].

Edited by SainT, Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 PM

Beginners mistake :/ Sorry, you´re absolutely right. Thanks in advance for your effort to bring this item (hopefully) to the community and sorry for my (stupid) question ;)

Re: the earlier point about screws being in the front (hidden under the label) or on the back;

My vote would be to have them on the back.

It always irked me that I couldn't open my Jag carts to give them a proper clean like I do with other carts.

The Atari 5200 carts the screw is on the back and on the Atari 400/800 carts too I think they are the only Atari's setup that way. :ponder:

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly at the moment as I've got a lot of other things on as well atm! When the weather is good here in the UK, you have to make the most of it, and we're having a decent few weeks of hot dry weather, so I've got a building project and some other work needs sorting outdoors. So I've mostly been concentrating on that and shipping out Lynx / NGP carts. Once the weather gets worse I'll be back onto the Jag more again! :)

• Like 13

Ha, sounds like me. It has been a rather wet summer, and a new house, so didn't bother finding the sprinkler turn on valve until a few weeks ago when my lawn started to turn yellow. Finally found it today, turned it and the sprinklers came to life, spraying me in the face. Then I noticed water bubbling up from the sidewalk... no idea why since it isn't all that close to any heads... but one certainly isn't coming up.. I am thinking I will need to call someone to fix crap, hopefully it doesn't cost me some Atari money...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yay, finally I received my Atari Jaguar via mail, I bought it from a guy in London that didn't want to ship it to Brazil (he never told me why). I had it shipped to my friend's house in the USA and finally received it here in Brazil (All this world travelling and I still paid like half of what they're asking for one here in my country)

Sorry for the boring story, just wanted to say that SainT is my personal hero and that I'm very excited for the day where I'll finally be able to play some Jaguar games :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edit: Oh, one more thing because I'm a lonely person, I also bought a Virtual Boy flashcart (sorry for talking about a Nintendo console here, I hope I'm forgiven) and it works like a charm. God bless people who make Flashcarts.

Edit number two: Please ship the flashcard to Brazil once you're over with it, SainT... please don't make me do it travel the whole world too :(

Edited by pirataga
  • Like 1