IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

@ SainT

I just thought of something:

Could you make it so that the menu in the JAG SD can be operated by either controller?

If people want to use a rotary controller, it would be a pain to have to launch the game with a regular pad then switch it out for a rotary every time.

• Like 5

@ SainT

I just thought of something:

Could you make it so that the menu in the JAG SD can be operated by either controller?

If people want to use a rotary controller, it would be a pain to have to launch the game with a regular pad then switch it out for a rotary every time.

Nice idea.

I'll have to get a rotary controller now. :)

• Like 5

Not to get off topic but I've been trying to find a rotary controller and only see one on eBay with the knob on the bottom. Anywhere else to get one at this time? Preferably with the knob in place of the dpad.

I made some recently.

Read all about it and see if you like :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/280853-new-rotary-controller-by-yours-truly/page-2?do=findComment&comment=4074298

Or are you thinking you could make the menu navigable with a rotary controller?

Oh, I see, when you said either controller you meant port 1 or 2. I was thinking you meant either rotary or standard!

If I can get a rotary, then all of the above... ;)

• Like 2

Oh, I see, when you said either controller you meant port 1 or 2. I was thinking you meant either rotary or standard!

If I can get a rotary, then all of the above... ;)

Is that a hint? ;)

You want to trade?

I could send you one of my rotaries and you send me one of your carts when they are done (if the cart costs more, I will pay the extra of course)

• Like 3

Is that a hint? ;)

You want to trade?

I could send you one of my rotaries and you send me one of your carts when they are done (if the cart costs more, I will pay the extra of course)

I'll keep that in mind! I'll probably just make one... :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll keep that in mind! I'll probably just make one... :)

We had no news as of late wrt the progress on the Jag SD card, given you informed us all of your frail health I hope first and foremost that you are feeling alright, and if you have the time I'd appreciate a quick update (even if that means a simple link to a previous post to mean that's still how far you got).

Hope all is well with you.

• Like 7

I've actually been alright the last month or two, which is the longest spell of feeling alright I've had in a long time. :)

What's been delaying things currently is the good weather here in the UK! I have quite a few outdoor projects also on the go (a "garden room", ie. retro hardware man cave, being the biggest) which are taking priority while the weather (and health) is making it possible.

I didn't plan on taking this long a break from the JagSD... but then, this is the best summer we've had in at least 10 years... according to records, the hottest prolonged weather in 40+ years! We even had a decent winter with proper snow drifts and everything. I can only hope this is the start of having proper seasons again after the seemingly endless cold rainy weather we've been having.

And as far as progress goes....

The ROM emulation side of things is complete bar testing.

I have a simple FLASH updating system in place for updating the cart menu / system flash over USB as well as debug commands such as rebooting the Jaguar from the command prompt.

Partial CDROM emulation is working. I have some bizarre problems with stability of the RISC chips -- I need to investigate this further, also testing on different Jaguars to see if I can narrow the issue down any further. This has been put on the back burner until the base ROM emulation has been finished with boot menu etc.

Priority currently is finishing off updating of the CPLD (custom chip) and Microcontroller firmware from the Jaguar / USB and getting a tidy menu system working for ROM / CD selection and booting.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 15

I've actually been alright the last month or two, which is the longest spell of feeling alright I've had in a long time. :)

What's been delaying things currently is the good weather here in the UK! I have quite a few outdoor projects also on the go (a "garden room", ie. retro hardware man cave, being the biggest) which are taking priority while the weather (and health) is making it possible.

I didn't plan on taking this long a break from the JagSD... but then, this is the best summer we've had in at least 10 years... according to records, the hottest prolonged weather in 40+ years! We even had a decent winter with proper snow drifts and everything. I can only hope this is the start of having proper seasons again after the seemingly endless cold rainy weather we've been having.

And as far as progress goes....

The ROM emulation side of things is complete bar testing.

I have a simple FLASH updating system in place for updating the cart menu / system flash over USB as well as debug commands such as rebooting the Jaguar from the command prompt.

Partial CDROM emulation is working. I have some bizarre problems with stability of the RISC chips -- I need to investigate this further, also testing on different Jaguars to see if I can narrow the issue down any further. This has been put on the back burner until the base ROM emulation has been finished with boot menu etc.

Priority currently is finishing off updating of the CPLD (custom chip) and Microcontroller firmware from the Jaguar / USB and getting a tidy menu system working for ROM / CD selection and booting.

Well, at least you are progressing steadily, SainT, and that is a good thing. Before, there were problems, as I understood it with the CD BIOS. I figured that the CD-ROM emulation would be improved over time. It just takes time, and I had faith in that. Thanks for your efforts, especially with the health problem that you are overcoming. I know that has been a setback, and I hope it gets better for you. Thanks for letting me share and I wish the best for this project. It seems to be coming to fruition slowly but nicely. :)

Edited by jericho_21
  • Like 1

Glad you health has been good and you've had a change to enjoy the weather ! :)

I imagine that endless cold rainy weather would really get old and depressing after a while.

I suppose that it gets rainy a lot in the British Isles, doesn't it? I thought it did. Maybe I am wrong, but I think that it is that region of the world. Isn't it? I don't know. I have never traveled to England, so that is my guess.

Depends on where the jet stream is. If its sitting over the UK, we get shitty, windy, rainy, cold unpredictable weather. Which is what we've had for about the last 10 years.

Traditionally (ie. going back 10+ years) we used to get defined winter and summer with proper cold and snow (well, not *proper* snow since the 80's really other than the odd year) and decent hot summers. Which is what we've had this year and it's been fantastic! Quite a few heavy snow falls, country grinding to a halt, proper hot weather. Awesome.

Hope this is the start of proper weather again. :D

• Like 1

Depends on where the jet stream is. If its sitting over the UK, we get shitty, windy, rainy, cold unpredictable weather. Which is what we've had for about the last 10 years.

Traditionally (ie. going back 10+ years) we used to get defined winter and summer with proper cold and snow (well, not *proper* snow since the 80's really other than the odd year) and decent hot summers. Which is what we've had this year and it's been fantastic! Quite a few heavy snow falls, country grinding to a halt, proper hot weather. Awesome.

Hope this is the start of proper weather again. :D

I see, then. Well, here is to hoping. :)

I'm with Mr Bear on this one :D Don't mind some warm sunny days but when it starts going above 20C it's just not fun for me. Can't think and it's a real bind to sit in a hot office (back room) and try to write code all day! Nice cool wet day gets me some real good dev time :D and time after work for retro dev time :D (Want to have things to show ready for e-Jagfest this year! :D)

Glad you've been enjoying it tho SainT, if it's your cup-o-tea, fill yer boots :D

• Like 3

Complaining about 20C?? It's been 32C + all summer here. We think it's a nice day when it's 27-29C. It's not unusual for it to get over 37C here. Of course I'm the USA's midwest. So we tend to get weather extremes. It's been know to be hotter than Florida here and in the winter colder than some parts of Alaska :P

• Like 2