IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Tempest Nut, I don't know what to say.... That is insanely awesome! I hope you post a video of it in action on YouTube...

If you could do a similar design that would be a 5200-compatible rotary/spinner controller, the 5200 Tempest fans would go insane over it. I know Dan Kramer - the creator of Atari Consumer's Trak-Balls - took a CX53 Trak-Ball and hooked it up to an arcade Tempest rotary controller and got it to work with 5200 Tempest. There's some pictures of it here:

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2016/photos/

And here I just want a retrofit 4-piece PCB kit with dome switches for the CX52 5200 Joysticks... :)

It was eventually finished and released by the original programmer of the game. You can find it here in the AtariAge store.

From the 2015 party we had, there are pics of the programmer Keithen Hayenga in attendance:

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2015/photos/

Not to mention ex-Atari Inc engineers such as Dan Kramer, Jerry Jessop, and Mike Albaugh...

• Like 1

Yes. If you have a DeLorean DMC-12, you can get it yesterday. :)

Lol I wish, I'll take that as a no?

Its just the only flash cart I find is: http://www.vector-labs.com/index_jagcart.html

That requires the "Xeltek SuperPro 610P IC Programmer" which isn't cheap and isn't as practical as and SD system.

I bought a Atari Jaguar and am looking for a way to test homebrew games on the actually hardware.

The RetroHQ JagSD will be coming in the first quarter of next year. There's not much left to do, but at the moment life just seems stupidly busy -- this is being rectified at the moment as I'm getting to the end of numerous other projects, which will free up both time and space.

Sorry for the long wait on this, it's taken far longer than I had hoped, just due to there always being a dozen things happening at once. I really could do with employing someone to do the day to day stuff of making and shipping carts... but it's a big thing (for me anyway) to make that step. Until then, I do everything, and spread myself rather thinly...

• Like 18

The RetroHQ JagSD will be coming in the first quarter of next year. There's not much left to do, but at the moment life just seems stupidly busy -- this is being rectified at the moment as I'm getting to the end of numerous other projects, which will free up both time and space.

Sorry for the long wait on this, it's taken far longer than I had hoped, just due to there always being a dozen things happening at once. I really could do with employing someone to do the day to day stuff of making and shipping carts... but it's a big thing (for me anyway) to make that step. Until then, I do everything, and spread myself rather thinly...

Is this forum the best place to follow for updates and planned availability?

On 11/27/2018 at 9:28 AM, zezba9000 said:

Is this forum the best place to follow for updates and planned availability?

The forum will have all the bigger updates, but Twitter has all the small updates -- https://twitter.com/TheRetroHQ

I've also got a competition going on Twitter at the moment to win a Lynx or NeoGeo Pocket cart if anyone hasn't seen it.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 2

I really could do with employing someone to do the day to day stuff of making and shipping carts...

There are plenty of companies that can handle the manufacturing for you :)

For the shipping part, have you asked Albert? Maybe he would be willing to sell your carts in the AA store.

Life's too short to spend it on repetitive stuff like this!

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 4

There are plenty of companies that can handle the manufacturing for you :)

For the shipping part, have you asked Albert? Maybe he would be willing to sell your carts in the AA store.

Life's too short to spend it on repetitive stuff like this!

The biggest issue is I'm a control freak. ;)

Letting something which would potentially impact quality out of my hands, when I know the tolerances are tight, isn't something I'm ready to do. I'm growing things gradually.... :)

• Like 7