IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

The biggest issue is I'm a control freak. ;)

Letting something which would potentially impact quality out of my hands, when I know the tolerances are tight, isn't something I'm ready to do. I'm growing things gradually.... :)

You could always sell it in kit form too! Just like the original ZX80's, sure people will love gluing the components onto the board and then ranting and raving about it not working :D

• Like 4

I was thinking that it would be about £100.00. It sounds like a good roundabout figure. That would be about USD$130.00, give or take, depending if the Pound Sterling goes up in value. But, right now, it is worth about USD$1.27. I just checked Google on that. I know that your price is an estimate, of course, but that is pretty reasonable to me, considering what it can and will do. You have to figure parts and labor, S&H, and R&D. I know I would be willing to pay that much for something like this. I think that it would be worth it, especially if and when (and I am being optimistic, so I will say when) the CD-ROM emulation is complete. I would not mind trying that feature out alone. That would be handy. :)

Edited by jericho_21

There are plenty of companies that can handle the manufacturing for you :)

For the shipping part, have you asked Albert? Maybe he would be willing to sell your carts in the AA store.

Life's too short to spend it on repetitive stuff like this!

The biggest issue is I'm a control freak. ;)

Letting something which would potentially impact quality out of my hands, when I know the tolerances are tight, isn't something I'm ready to do. I'm growing things gradually.... :)

Trust me on this one, Albert will find something wrong with your 100% product :) His quality control is exceptional.

• Like 5

SainT > I can't recommend any particular company in the UK since I don't have experience with them, but I'm sure you can find one that will meet your standards.

Ask them a few questions:

- can I visit your factory?

- can you show me examples of high-tech boards you've manufactured?

- which quality standards can you offer, and how do you enforce them?

- if issues occur, are you willing to work with me to improve the quality?

If their answers are satisfactory, there's a pretty good chance you won't be disappointed.

Properly used reflow ovens and automated pick-and-place machines deliver excellent results, and aren't that expensive. And it sure beats soldering a hundred PCBs by hand!

• Like 2

@Dragonstomper Where are you listing your Atari Lynx flashcarts? Or are those still in pre-production as well?

Also anyone know of a good 7800 flashcart? One that actually can run 7800 roms?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/250637-lynx-multi-card-preorders/page-82?hl=%2Bretrohq&do=findComment&comment=4124848

I think he still has you put on a list. Got two of them and they're excellent!

I finally took the plunge and ordered a used Jaguar! Way WAY WAY WAY more than I ever wanted to pay, but it's got all the accessories and AvP with overlays (it was the pack-in game in Japan). It's a system I would eventually want to get, and I don't expect prices to ever get any cheaper, so I finally pushed the button and placed the order.

A HUGE part of that is the upcoming release of SainT's SD Cart. Unlike the 7800, which I had to import, the Jaguar actually was released in Japan. However, it's nearly impossible to find Jag carts in Japan, so I'd have to rely on Ebay basically.

I had a Jag back in the day, and even though the sales clerk warned me not to buy it, I got it anyway and really had a lot of fun with it. I only had a very small library (Cybermorph, AvP, Dragon, Kasumi Ninja, Raiden) because even when it was new it was hard to find places selling Jag games, but I enjoyed each game a lot (except for Kasumi Ninja). It actually really surprised me later on to read all the negative stuff about the Jag on the Internet.

• Like 5

I had a Jag back in the day, and even though the sales clerk warned me not to buy it, I got it anyway and really had a lot of fun with it. I only had a very small library (Cybermorph, AvP, Dragon, Kasumi Ninja, Raiden) because even when it was new it was hard to find places selling Jag games, but I enjoyed each game a lot (except for Kasumi Ninja). It actually really surprised me later on to read all the negative stuff about the Jag on the Internet.

I remember a sales clerk urging me not to get Wolfenstein 3D, which I was getting mainly because I remembered having a ton of fun playing it on my friend's PC. He kept trynna push AvP on me and I refused. I did ultimately end up getting it maybe a few months later when I started to hear more good things about it.

• Like 1

I use to have a Lynx but for the life of me, I can't remember what happened to it ???

I once had a Lynx I unit with eight games. It and the games were stolen and I know who did it, but I cannot prove it. However, I now have replaced that with a Lynx II unit with 14-16 games. Some of the games that have been stolen have been replaced as well. The Lynx I will someday eventually be replaced when I get enough money to do it. it is a pretty decent unit considering (my Lynx II, I mean). I treasure it, as I should. Thanks :)

Edited by jericho_21

I would love to be on a pre-order list. I cant wait to play cd games without the cd attachment!

Me neither. Tell me something, SainT. Can this SD cartridge you are making utilise CDI images for CD emulation? It seems the common way to image Jaguar games. I don't know if this was asked previously in this, so sorry if it is repetitive. I did not want to check back sixty-six pages in the past to see if it was. It is a hot topic, after all, what you are talking about. Keep the faith. Thanks. :)

Me neither. Tell me something, SainT. Can this SD cartridge you are making utilise CDI images for CD emulation? It seems the common way to image Jaguar games. I don't know if this was asked previously in this, so sorry if it is repetitive. I did not want to check back sixty-six pages in the past to see if it was. It is a hot topic, after all, what you are talking about. Keep the faith. Thanks. :)

I have replaced my dreamcast cd drive(USB), saturn(RHEA), and would love to had an SD card to replace my jaguar. Loading times are amazing and no issues with lasers.

Edited by jjona5

Using CDI images (converted to a specific format I can use on the JagSD cart) is what I'm doing, yes. I'm not promising CD support as yet due to odd issues I've been having, but it should be possible.

• Like 10

Using CDI images (converted to a specific format I can use on the JagSD cart) is what I'm doing, yes. I'm not promising CD support as yet due to odd issues I've been having, but it should be possible.

Jag CD still causing trouble from the grave.:)

Fingers crossed, that you solve it if only for the VLM and IS2.:)

• Like 2