IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Oh, this is sweet! And love the shelves for consoles. Are those custom or bought?

That's another project from last year, or possibly even the year before, LED back-lit computer and console shelves. :)

You can only see about half the length, I've got quite a few machines on the wall.

• Like 2

Saint says in the video that he's going to try and get a long press on the joypad to reset the system.

Yep, the controller is on the external side of the bus, so I should be able to monitor the Jaguar reading the controller and intercept the data so I can tell what buttons are being pressed. So this should let me do a reset combo from the pad, which would be very handy.

• Like 7

Getting really excited about this. Unless I missed something, I've got the other carts SainT has done, and love them. Especially since I don't have a working CD drive, this is going to be pretty awesome. Love adding to my flash cart collection! This one is likely gonna be my favorite for a while. I have a few (yes I did my own custom case for my Master System ED lol)...

T3zJSTT.jpg

Edited by Hastor
  • Like 4

Yep, the controller is on the external side of the bus, so I should be able to monitor the Jaguar reading the controller and intercept the data so I can tell what buttons are being pressed. So this should let me do a reset combo from the pad, which would be very handy.

B :)

• Like 3

If this works _always_ that'll be great.

Getting really excited about this. Unless I missed something, I've got the other carts SainT has done, and love them. Especially since I don't have a working CD drive, this is going to be pretty awesome. Love adding to my flash cart collection! This one is likely gonna be my favorite for a while. I have a few (yes I did my own custom case for my Master System ED lol)...

T3zJSTT.jpg

Wow. And I thought I had a lot of them! I'm just shy of 10 I think.

• Like 1

A video showing proof of all the magic things I'm claiming... ;)

Nice video SainT!

Did you ever find out what was up with the Battlemorph static sound/attempted-music-stream?

If it is caused by it trying to stream music from the disc, can you mute the static by pressing zero on the keypad during gameplay?

• Like 2

Awesome update!

Not sure if I missed it in the video, but will the CD support also have MemoryTrack emulation, or will all the CD games be unable to save?

Awesome update!

Not sure if I missed it in the video, but will the CD support also have MemoryTrack emulation, or will all the CD games be unable to save?

See: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254003-upcoming-jaguar-sd-cartridge/?view=findpost&p=4210741

• Like 1

Nice video SainT!

Did you ever find out what was up with the Battlemorph static sound/attempted-music-stream?

If it is caused by it trying to stream music from the disc, can you mute the static by pressing zero on the keypad during gameplay?

I've not had a chance to look into it yet, had some other things on this week. But I will sort it, I'm sure. I have data being transferred via the I2S bus for the initial boot-up sequence from the CDBIOS, which is how the audio is likely to be streamed, so I know the mechanism works.

Great video! Looks like you are a cyclist as well, mountain bike? :)

Yes. ;)

I've not done as much the last 2-3 years, but I've done a lot of endurance riding / racing in the past. I've competed in at least 20 or more 24hr team endurance races and have done one solo 24hr among lots of other long distance stuff. Lots of "fun"... for the masochist. ;)

• Like 2

I've not had a chance to look into it yet, had some other things on this week. But I will sort it, I'm sure. I have data being transferred via the I2S bus for the initial boot-up sequence from the CDBIOS, which is how the audio is likely to be streamed, so I know the mechanism works.

I do not have a clue on the programming side of things but Battlemorph was insofar special on the musical side as it had smooth transitions of the soundtrack whenever you would change from flying to going underwater. So maybe whatever triggered your issue might have had something to do with that.

Yes. ;)

I've not done as much the last 2-3 years, but I've done a lot of endurance riding / racing in the past. I've competed in at least 20 or more 24hr team endurance races and have done one solo 24hr among lots of other long distance stuff. Lots of "fun"... for the masochist. ;)

Good lord - no wonder you have the patience / stamina to handle a Jaguar hardware project :)

If it's not too much to ask, any chance of seeing the VLM stream some audio in an upcoming video? I had so much fun editing the effects BITD. I believe I still have a little over 2 hours recorded on VHS tape. I'll have to get that on my PC soon.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update!

I'm more curious as to what isn't working as to what is, but it was informative nonetheless. Does 6mb roms work aswell? Next update you can run bad apple!

and if possible, maybe vlm with the tempest soundtrack?

Really looking forward to this, VLM with the possibility to run mp3's/ogg/flac would be a riot, if it is possible...

I'm a little confused with the projected CD support. Someone mentioned that there would be a set of games that wouldn't load on this, but more would than wouldn't, based on whether the overwrite the BIOS. Are these officially released games or homebrew? And is it correct that such games won't be possible (no workaround or SainT magic to make it work)?

Edited by Hastor

Good lord - no wonder you have the patience / stamina to handle a Jaguar hardware project :)

If it's not too much to ask, any chance of seeing the VLM stream some audio in an upcoming video? I had so much fun editing the effects BITD. I believe I still have a little over 2 hours recorded on VHS tape. I'll have to get that on my PC soon.

I've not had time to dig into the CD support further yet, but VLM should work, yes. I've certainly had the interface up and showing track selection, but I didn't have half of the functionality I have now working at the time.

It will work from either CUE / BIN or possibly just having a folder with a .CD extension or something containing a load of WAV files named 0-n for the tracks. That should work ok.

• Like 4