IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I quickly knocked this up. I'll get one of each printed and see which is the nicest. ;)

To be honest, I quite liked the aesthetics of the 5200 cart! So I'm doing it more for what appeals to my sense of style than functionality in this case. Although if it's functionally beneficial, bonus. :)

attachicon.gifjagshell.jpg

That is frikkin' awesome, SainT!

On 3/14/2019 at 2:32 PM, commander said:

It is possible to put the "bare" pcb into an original Jaguar Cartridge shell case?

You could if you really tried, I think.

You'd not be able to get to the USB or memory card slot, though.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

You could if you really tried, I think.

You'd not be able to get to the USB or SD card slot, though.

No need to, as you can fill the SD card with _all_ Jaguar games out so far. New games can be uploaded via BJL, right? ;-)

I think it was said that there was some work to have a proper store set up, so there wouldn't be a pre-order list.

A bit of both -- the store will have the ability to pre-order. I want to finally centralise everything and do it properly! :)

• Like 2

There's a video here showing the new SLS printed shells, too! There isn't one with a rib, unfortunately. It made it more costly due to additional space taken up inside the case, which I actually use for printing other things inside... :)

But still, it's bloody awesome. ;)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 13

That looks really nice and I‘m glad to hear you will make that SLS cases for the Lynx as well.

I would order one when available to replace it with my current Lynx 2 shell

The SLS cases wont be compatible with the old PCB I don't THINK. There's a chance they might.... but I'm not convinced. I believe I'm going to have to shift some components around.

• Like 1

There's a video here showing the new SLS printed shells, too! There isn't one with a rib, unfortunately. It made it more costly due to additional space taken up inside the case, which I actually use for printing other things inside... :)

But still, it's bloody awesome. ;)

https://youtu.be/JJEn5hrJdvs

Wow! That does look good!

Velvet finish FTW

That looks fantastic! Kind of reminds me of a 5200 cart. I've been quietly following along the thread atleast since getting my Jag at the end of last summer. Any idea at how much they'll be when they're ready? Not to mention, if we'd buy one. Would we buy it from you or from the AtariAge store?

• 2 weeks later...