IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I'm waiting on the first 10 samples to come back from the fab house at the moment! Exciting. ;)

You probably shouldn't be getting them from the fab house, go for a regular or boring house.. fab house is probably having too much fun being fab and having awesome parties and stuff :D

• Like 7

Super excited. I'm not a twitter person but I guess I'll have to sign up. I check your website every other day I'd guess.

no need for an account, you can at least read all he writes, that you can do without an account, unlike Facebook...

I have a twitter account which has been active for 7 days, made almost 10 years ago :-D I'm not 'following' him, I just have a tab reserved for his twitter feed :lol:

Yep, no point taking any pre-orders until I have something to sell. And also I'm getting the website into a state to take pre-orders before I do, so it makes my life much easier! Just waiting on some info back from PayPal, otherwise it's very close.

• Like 12

Hi SainT,

Have you read the following: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/flash_carts_could_be_slowly_killing_your_retro_consoles ?

What would be your comment on that?

Is there any grain of truth in it?

Are your flash carts (existing one for Lynx and the one under construction for Jag) affected by the described issue.

Hi SainT,

Have you read the following: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/flash_carts_could_be_slowly_killing_your_retro_consoles ?

What would be your comment on that?

Is there any grain of truth in it?

Are your flash carts (existing one for Lynx and the one under construction for Jag) affected by the described issue.

Not relevant to any of my products. They are built properly. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

As an owner of many flash carts - see http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254003-upcoming-jaguar-sd-cartridge/?view=findpost&p=4215121- I've yet to have any system issues from them. I don't think the article is inaccurate from an engineering perspective, but I also don't think the chances of an issue are extremely high. I also don't know anyone personally that's had a system issue after using a flash cart. In my case, I try to keep a backup of most systems. If one of my current ones ever die, I figure the backup one should last most of the rest of my life at that point. I'm not an engineer, just speaking from experience that none of my carts have ever harmed my systems. I definitely won't promise they won't hurt yours.

All the same, I'd much prefer people do what SainT does and ensure that voltages etc. are correct. The less chance of an issue the better!

• 2 weeks later...

I am really looking forward to this SD card solution! Love the jaguar!

and to react to the everdrive issues:

i have used an Super Ufo 8 for years on my snes and no issues

but these days i use them on:

Mega retron HD
Supa Retron HD
GB Boy Color

so if they break i buy a new one lol

the only original console that i use with everdrives is my N64 and i got like three of them so not to worried