IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Nor are manufacturers specs.

If the entire world suddenly jumped on you and said "this guy says you're doing it wrong ZOMG!" you can either sit and argue until you're blue in the face or just take the easy route and switch.

You're just full off piss-poor excuses today. Do you REALLY think you can speak for Krikzz and claim he switched just to appease someone YOU personally believe to be full of shit? Do you really think that? Fucking amazing, dude.

You're just full off piss-poor excuses today. Do you REALLY think you can speak for Krikzz and claim he switched just to appease someone YOU personally believe to be full of shit? Do you really think that? Fucking amazing, dude.

Just an opinion in that case.

Good to see your true colours when the room turns against you, though.

The door's that way >

• Like 2

Ha, yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm fairly certain the Jaguar doesn't even bat an eye at Another World. While it does support the new 256 color mode.. it's still just 256 colors.

FYI the origin of that thought came from this interview:

https://venturebeat.com/2013/04/25/consoles-that-wont-die-atari-jaguar/

It seemed like the cart might be doing things that were programmatically unique. Evidently not unique enough to affect compatibility.

Are you ok? How on earth can anyone get this vitriolic about something like this? Quite honestly, try and take a step back.

As far as the silicon manufacturer is concerned, this is an applicable method of interfacing to a 5v PCI BUS. They don't suggest something is within tolerance for new designs if it isn't. There are other issues to do with power dissipation / current limiting resistors which define how applicable a method is to its application and all of this will have been taking into consideration when designing each product. Believe it or not every product in existence has trade-offs.

The functionality, parts and requirements have changed through the evolution of the everdrive devices and so has the design. It's not really surprising.

I'll leave you to your mental breakdown, now. Enjoy.

• Like 10

Heh, I saw there were a whole ton of new replies yesterday and today and my first thought was "Whoa! He must have opened orders!"

Nope, just a bunch of arguing. Darn!

Just a couple of semi-unhinged new guys.

The Jag forum never disappoints. :lol:

• Like 5

Heh, I saw there were a whole ton of new replies yesterday and today and my first thought was "Whoa! He must have opened orders!"

Nope, just a bunch of arguing. Darn!

Totally the same here. I was getting quite excited :-)

I collect pinball machines mostly, and whenever some sad sack goes mental (to Saint's point) the answer is "it's only pinball". I mean, chill dude :-)

• Like 3

Karbuncle will be taking a break from this thread.

Ha, I was trying to find the quote from Aeon Flux "Just a dirty little carbuncle festering in the corner." but then I saw images of dirty carbuncles... I can't unsee that!!!

Anyhow, I'm excited for the JagSD cart! Got a new set up all planned so I can add the Jag next to my 5200 on my new TV stand so I can spend some quality time with it!

• Like 1

Anyhow, I'm excited for the JagSD cart! Got a new set up all planned so I can add the Jag next to my 5200 on my new TV stand so I can spend some quality time with it!

Yes indeed!

Nothing makes a grown man happy like rearranging his toys! :)

I ran out of space on my TV stand a while ago for all my active consoles though:

post-7648-0-69786900-1556915820_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Yes indeed!

Nothing makes a grown man happy like rearranging his toys! :)

I ran out of space on my TV stand a while ago for all my active consoles though:

attachicon.gif20190503_213559.jpg

Ha, I look at that and think "Wow, if all those were connected at once... THE CABLES!!!" Mine is a freaking nest back there, and all I have is a Switch, 5200, Raspberry Pi, PS4, and OSSC connected right now. Well and the A/V receiver and TV.

• Like 1

Ha, I look at that and think "Wow, if all those were connected at once... THE CABLES!!!" Mine is a freaking nest back there, and all I have is a Switch, 5200, Raspberry Pi, PS4, and OSSC connected right now. Well and the A/V receiver and TV.

Oh yeah, big time!

They are all connected :)

I carefully tie the cables round the backs of the rear pillars, but when you get to the bottom shelf there's an explosion of spaghetti.

• Like 3

Hi Saint, do we have more release date info for this, sorry, I'm just really impatient and want to use my jag, I bought console and didn't get a single game with it ;)

Songbird just released Loopz for the Jag including an extra game ... so you can play while waiting.

• Like 4

I just watched this video

And I see a RED FLAG immediately.

On the menu interface, up and down on the D-pad scrolls through games............... good!

Pressing left and right on the D-pad lets you see more text in the file names............. bad. This should happen automatically if you let the selection idle on the game for a few seconds.

Holding the A button down and pressing left and right and up and down goes to new letter in alphabet and turns pages........... strange.

The way its supposed to work is as follows:

Up and Down on D-pad scrolls through games vertically

Left and Right on D-pad goes to the next page

Right goes to the next page going forward, Left goes back to the previous page backwards.

It's literally this simple. If you look at the everdrives line of flashcarts this is how these work. I don't know how something so simple can get messed up like this.

Also, having cartridge games separated from CD games in my opinion is unnecessary. All you have to do is make a separate folder and stick all of the CD games in there if you really want.

I support this project, but please make left and right turn the pages of the list of games on the interface.

Edited by Final Theory
  • Like 1

I just watched this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj7gjk7roqw

And I see a RED FLAG immediately.

On the menu interface, up and down on the D-pad scrolls through games............... good!

Pressing left and right on the D-pad lets you see more text in the file names............. bad.

This is a red flag? Sorry, I mean a RED FLAG? Maybe a difference in personal preference, but certainly not a RED FLAG . Edited by PFG 9000
  • Like 5