IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

4 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

If you read the thread they will not be supported by the initial release.

Take me off the pre-order list (who wants to buy my spot)?

J/K - so looking forward to this.  I've made space for the Jag again, and I'll be playing via a 20" Sony PVM.  Back to CRT goodness.

• Like 1

Just now, PhoenixMoonPatrol said:

I dont want to bother the guy making these since I'm sure he's got allot going on with this project.

So I'll ask here and hopefully someone can answer.  

No preorder list at this time,one in the future,right? 

Thanks.  

Correct.  Saint is working on his web store as we speak; I believe all transactions will be done there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PhoenixMoonPatrol said:

I dont want to bother the guy making these since I'm sure he's got allot going on with this project.

So I'll ask here and hopefully someone can answer.  

No preorder list at this time,one in the future,right? 

Thanks.  

They will be available from here --

http://new.retrohq.co.uk

If you register an account and set contact preferences for new products you'll get a mail when they become available.

I'm still waiting on PayPal to fix a sodding bug in their payment system before I can do anything pre-order wise. It's been about a month now and nothing has happened... :(

• Like 5

17 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

If you read the thread they will not be supported by the initial release.

I thought the problems with running CD games were already solved by SainT.

What is the reason (technically) why this feature will not be realized with the initial release?

48 minutes ago, productof76 said:

I thought the problems with running CD games were already solved by SainT.

What is the reason (technically) why this feature will not be realized with the initial release?

I'm not releasing a feature until I'm happy its working well, and I don't want to delay release further trying to add support for something which may never work properly.

I've said many times, I make no promises about CD support. I have made very good progress and have some titles working, however it doesn't mean everything will one day work, or I will get it to a point I'm happy to release it.

I'd rather not have a feature than a feature which is broken.

Hope that clarifies the situation.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, SainT said:

I'm not releasing a feature until I'm happy its working well, and I don't want to delay release further trying to add support for something which may never work properly.

I've said many times, I make no promises about CD support. I have made very good progress and have some titles working, however it doesn't mean everything will one day work, or I will get it to a point I'm happy to release it.

I'd rather not have a feature than a feature which is broken.

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Let's say the worst case scenarios happens, and it can never work 100%.  Would you consider releasing perhaps an unsupported firmware for "experimenting" purposes?  Honestly, there's no CD games I care about running that I can't run without my CD.  The only thing I am excited about is being able to use the VLM with audio on SD cart.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, productof76 said:

Thanks for your reply SainT. I totally understand your decision, your a perfectonist and so are your products. I like that!?

...and I‘m confident that you‘ll bring us (perfect) CD support with a firmware update in the (near) future?

Yeah, I most likely will, I have this urge to make things work and don't like giving up... ?

If not, as said above, I will release something at some point even if it just runs a few games. But I want to take the time to try and get it right first.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, SainT said:

Yeah, I most likely will, I have this urge to make things work and don't like giving up... ?

If not, as said above, I will release something at some point even if it just runs a few games. But I want to take the time to try and get it right first. 

That's what I wanted to hear :)

Thanks for info!

On 6/26/2019 at 2:23 PM, SainT said:

Just give up and make a cart for the poor 7800 instead. :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

CD support is not planned for the initial release of the SD cart, but that doesn't mean we won't test it :)

Love the "no animal were armed in any way ...." on the game intro ... how about the humans?

And I don't mean the ones that get occasionally gobbled up in the heat of the fight, I mean those poor coders ?

something tells me a few of them would have considered themselves "hurt" during the making of primal rage.

• Like 2