IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

48 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

As the release seems imminent, are you sharing the price, or will that just be a surprise?

It will only be available to those with complete Jaguar collections, and payment can only be made in the form of trading all of your physical games to Saint in exchange for the SD cart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

It will only be available to those with complete Jaguar collections, and payment can only be made in the form of trading all of your physical games to Saint in exchange for the SD cart.

Good to know.  There was a rumor going around that payment was to be made in Pokémon cards, and I didn’t even know that SainT was into those.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, samson7point1 said:

As the release seems imminent, are you sharing the price, or will that just be a surprise?

£140 UKP + postage. Hope it's not too steep for people, there's been rather a lot of work gone into this, and the SLS shell alone is reassuringly expensive! I may offer a board only option at £120 UKP if people are interested, although not for this first batch.

If you have any interesting old hardware, I'd be up for trading... ;)

Atari PC1, ABC, Falcon case & shielding -- I'm sure there's more I'm looking for!

For the PC1/ABC you could have a few cartridges. :D

Edited by SainT
  • Like 9

41 minutes ago, SainT said:

£140 UKP + postage. Hope it's not too steep for people, there's been rather a lot of work gone into this, and the SLS shell alone is reassuringly expensive! I may offer a board only option at £120 UKP if people are interested, although not for this first batch.

Atari PC1, ABC, Falcon case & shielding -- I'm sure there's more I'm looking for!

That’s certainly more than I expected, but not more than I’m willing to pay.  

You sticking with PayPal for the time being?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SainT said:

Ha, I'd love an Atari PCx.  Actually I expected the price to be a bit more.  The Mega SD certainly is more expensive.  Then again I think the Sega CD has a bit more hardware in it to emulate/recreate next to the JagCD, which if I recall is more or less just a cartridge with a CD attached to it.

48 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

That’s certainly more than I expected, but not more than I’m willing to pay.  

You sticking with PayPal for the time being?

Yep, still PayPal atm, will see how it goes!

The cost of the shell is what tips it over for me, but as has been said, it’s not out of line with other good quality flash devices. And buying from me, you’ll know you’re getting quality kit which will be supported! :)

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, leech said:

Ha, I'd love an Atari PCx.  Actually I expected the price to be a bit more.  The Mega SD certainly is more expensive.  Then again I think the Sega CD has a bit more hardware in it to emulate/recreate next to the JagCD, which if I recall is more or less just a cartridge with a CD attached to it.

Yes, the SegaCD has an extra 68000 in there and new video hardware, it’s quite something to have on the cart! The TerraOnion guys know their stuff.

the JagSD won’t have CD support from the launch, either, that will follow if / when it is stable and working.

6 minutes ago, thanatos said:

@SainT will the email come from retrohq.co.uk?  Want to make sure to prevent the spam filter from acting up...

Yes. I’m just looking at moving my mail sending over to mailgun or similar as i’ve been having a load of hassle with ip blacklists etc from my isp’s mail sever. But it will still come from sales@retrohq.co.uk.

• Thanks 1