IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

57 minutes ago, Hastor said:

My confirmation mail was stamped 10:04 Eastern US time, I'm #268

Am curious about two getting the same number, mentioned earlier, are these counts accurate? No rush just curious.

The number is accurate. I think someone earlier quoted the order number and not the queue position.

5 minutes ago, SainT said:

The number is accurate. I think someone earlier quoted the order number and not the queue position.

These are selling like hot cakes, or maybe we need to re-define that term...these are selling like RetroHQ Jaguar SD Cartridges.  Good to see this kick off and a flurry of activity! ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, samson7point1 said:

What’s the timeframe on the next batch?

Whats the cutoff number? (At what order number does batch 2 become batch 3, etc?)

Initial batch I've built up is about 80-odd.

What I'll do is send those out and just make sure everything is good, then order enough to cover the remainder. So ideally the first 80-odd get served sometime this week or next, then everyone else in about 4-8 weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, actraiser said:

Now with the Preorders having started (awesome!), is the CDI -> JCD tool already available for download/on github or is there an ETA?

-act

Until there is support for CD's there's not much point in having a tool. There are a lot of dodgy CD rips out there, too, so it would seem. So we'll have to figure some way of validating the image or something...

No ETA as yet. It's ready when it's ready, no sooner. :)

I'll be rather busy meeting initial demand by the looks of it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SainT said:

Initial batch I've built up is about 80-odd.

What I'll do is send those out and just make sure everything is good, then order enough to cover the remainder. So ideally the first 80-odd get served sometime this week or next, then everyone else in about 4-8 weeks.

Wow, that's great.  I was hoping just to have mine by Christmas, but your time frame is even better!

• Like 1

I was fast asleep when the email came.[emoji24] #371 for me. It’s cool though. Been waiting over 3 years, I can wait another few months. Just anxious to play!

Thanks SainT for all your hard work and dedication to bringing this to life. You truly are a SAINT in the retro world!

• Like 1

Because I've already got a play test version I didn't order one so someone else got a chance to get one.  It's not to say I won't get another one..  I will but at a much later date.  To the people that have managed to snag one,  you're gonna have fun!! 

• Like 3

My morning alarm clock is coincidentally set to ring at exactly the time the JagSD became available, and my morning ritual has been to check email and RHQ for any release...

... but I stayed asleep and pressed "snooze" repeatedly for 20 minutes before finally waking up to see the news on my phone. Oops! :P

Triple digits position in the queue, but it sounds like we won't have long to wait. After all these years, another month or two is nothing.

Congratulations, SainT!

2 hours ago, Hastor said:

As a few seem to have missed it, CD support is still not guaranteed and will come in a later update if at all. Sounds like there's a good chance of it but I wouldn't expect it before any pre order have shipped. SainT will be working on making sure these are filled and working well  for a while I'd assume. That's in addition to the other flash carts he still makes and tinkers with. Don't sell your CD drive yet... unless it is to me, cheap!

Actually you cannot leave the CD connected when using JagSD so it’ll have to be placed in storage anyway

7 minutes ago, mario64 said:

Actually you cannot leave the CD connected when using JagSD so it’ll have to be placed in storage anyway

I mean in order to play the games you should keep it. If I had one, 'storage' would be 6 inches away and getting swapped with my jagsd as needed.