IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I was on the email list (I think), never got one.  Haven't been on AA all day, only knew because I saw someone post to the AA FB page.  If Saint can actually fulfill these orders in a few months time, bravo!  I have no idea what pre-order I'm in, because when I check the position, it says "Next!"  I didn't look when I completed the order, and haven't received the confirmation email.

8 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

I was on the email list (I think), never got one.  Haven't been on AA all day, only knew because I saw someone post to the AA FB page.  If Saint can actually fulfill these orders in a few months time, bravo!  I have no idea what pre-order I'm in, because when I check the position, it says "Next!"  I didn't look when I completed the order, and haven't received the confirmation email.

That's strange.  I got the pre-order email this morning and when I ordered, the confirmation email arrived within 3 or 4 minutes. Hope everything went ok for you.

Couple of retro gamers I follow on Twitter are shocked they hadn't heard of the SD cart and were scrambling to get in a preorder. 

Theyre mostly NES/Sega fans but went pretty wild when they heard about it this morning.   

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

Also compared to the others, this is the first pre order list that required payment. A lot of people in the lists for the ngp or lynx didn't come through when contacted. Everyone here actually provided a payment method.

I do wish it would go ahead and take my money. If my card changes I'll have to figure out how to update that in PayPal and I gotta remember not to spend it lol. I imagine a few will fall through as cards expiring soon fail to get updated, but not as bad as the other lists that only required an email or account here. I do understand SainT doesn't like to take money until something is sent though.

Edited by Hastor

9 minutes ago, Hastor said:

I do wish it would go ahead and take my money.

Same, I'd like it to just go ahead and take the money instead of being charged in a couple of months.

2 hours ago, thanatos said:

I'm not too surprised with the 500+ orders judging by the interest this thread has generated.

Just to compare I wonder how many Lynx carts SainT has made since he started that project.  Has he given a count?

I believe in the Lynx thread you can see a list of all of those who have ordered one. I don't know the exact number, but the list is loooooong.

Edited by Austin

Missed the window ... oh well will wait a couple of months.

It can go 2 ways:

1. I manage to get into a future batch (I am in no hurry to get one, so early next year would be fine for me)
  2. I don't and I may end up selling the felid (bye bye)

I probably win in both cases .... I still would like to enjoy a few of CJ's ports ... congrats to SainT, hopefully your health is also better and stays that way for all of us to allow you to "take our money" ? 

10 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Wow, 500 and counting on Day One. Which also means 500+ separate individuals (assuming people didn't create fake accounts) purchasing the product, since there was a "1 per person" limit. That's remarkable, and should be commended. @SainT, did you have any idea that 500+ would be sold on the first day of on-sale? Just curious. Well done!

God no, this is crazy! I’ did been slowly doing the organic marketing thing for ages, so I’ve been happy the word was out there, but the numbers are more like what I was expecting over a 6-12 months!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thanatos said:

I'm not too surprised with the 500+ orders judging by the interest this thread has generated.

Just to compare I wonder how many Lynx carts SainT has made since he started that project.  Has he given a count?

Off the top of my head, something like 1400. With more to come with the revision 2 model :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hastor said:

Also compared to the others, this is the first pre order list that required payment. A lot of people in the lists for the ngp or lynx didn't come through when contacted. Everyone here actually provided a payment method.

I do wish it would go ahead and take my money. If my card changes I'll have to figure out how to update that in PayPal and I gotta remember not to spend it lol. I imagine a few will fall through as cards expiring soon fail to get updated, but not as bad as the other lists that only required an email or account here. I do understand SainT doesn't like to take money until something is sent though.

People can still backout at any point, it just makes my life soooo much easier to process orders! I don’t want to have people’s money and them not have a product. If I lose money from this method, i’m ok with that. I’m very much about positive customer experience.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Missed the window ... oh well will wait a couple of months.

It can go 2 ways:

1. I manage to get into a future batch (I am in no hurry to get one, so early next year would be fine for me)
  2. I don't and I may end up selling the felid (bye bye)

I probably win in both cases .... I still would like to enjoy a few of CJ's ports ... congrats to SainT, hopefully your health is also better and stays that way for all of us to allow you to "take our money" ? 

I plan to clear the backlog in 6-8 weeks.

Still very up and down with feeling bollocks, unfortunately. Had a good week, but now back to crap! Still, having the jag carts to build, test and ship is nice brain dead work! Suits me when I feel like this... ?

14 hours ago, Gunnder said:

What the heck? SainT why do we have the same pre-order number?!?!?!  I just want to make sure your new system is working fine and that orders don't get lost because of a bug :)

order.jpg

order.jpg

I mentioned this on Twitter a while ago, it looks like quite a few people have paired numbers. If people placed the order in the same second, they seem to get the same number on the email. So there’s been like two 4’s then the next person has 6. But this is just related to the email, the actual order number is the order things are dealt with in. :)

WOW Day One 500+ orders. I think you'll have to open your own production line :)

I believe there are still a bunch of people who waiting for full CD support like me, beacuse i already have all cartridges that interest me. 

Great work SainT!

• Like 2

I'll be picking up a JagSD cart if they're available around the end of the year, thank you very much for the work put into this!  My issue, strangely enough, is that I can't seem to register for the site with my email, it says to 'Please enter a valid email address.' .. And thinking that I may have already registered, I requested a password reset a few times but no emails show up in my inbox.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stage_1_Boss said:

I'll be picking up a JagSD cart if they're available around the end of the year, thank you very much for the work put into this!  My issue, strangely enough, is that I can't seem to register for the site with my email, it says to 'Please enter a valid email address.' .. And thinking that I may have already registered, I requested a password reset a few times but no emails show up in my inbox.

Drop me a PM with the email, it's not validating as "real" for some reason. I think .info addresses are doing this, atm. I will fix... when my feet touch the ground again. Got some other "urgent" stuff crop up. Great timing... lol. ;)

Edited by SainT
Bad grammar!

2 minutes ago, SainT said:

Drop me a PM with the email, it's not validating as "real" for some reason. I think .info addresses are doing this, atm. I will fix... when me feet touch the ground again. Got some other "urgent" stuff crop up. Great timing... lol. ;)

Thank you SainT for the heads up and any assistance you can give. = )

• Like 1