IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

4 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

How would Brexit impact import duties and taxes? 

I venture for US buyers it will make no difference.

Yeah, I have NEVER had to pay import duty on any packages originating outside the US.  This includes an entire pallet of foot pedal controllers from Germany! 

..Al

• Like 3

@phoenixdownita

The countries of the European Union (Germany, France, Spain... and so on) will charge taxes on british products after brexit.

...when Britain is no longer a member of the European Union.

So in my case I eventually would have to pay import duties in case of hard brexit.

For US buyers it will make no difference if there is a brexit or a hard brexit.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

How would Brexit impact import duties and taxes? 

I venture for US buyers it will make no difference.

For Europe, depending on how they deal with importing from the UK. The US will not be affected. Which to be fair, is my largest sales area.

59 minutes ago, SainT said:

Far more demand than I expected, to be honest. I've been quite public with progress, so I knew the word was out there among a lot of people, but the initial demand has been far greater (like 3x at least) what I thought would be a good figure.

I wonder if that's some sort of vindication getting a response 3x larger than you initially thought.  It's such a niche product, it must've been tough to come up with a profit margin you felt comfortable with.

I'm assuming the UK has dodged the Trump tarrif extravaganza so far, but that's an interesting point as that would fall back on the consumer at the end of the day anyway.

Edited by BigKid Icarus

10 hours ago, SainT said:

God no, this is crazy! I’ did been slowly doing the organic marketing thing for ages, so I’ve been happy the word was out there, but the numbers are more like what I was expecting over a 6-12 months!

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your efforts on this cart. I've been promoting it on my Arcade Heroes Twitter, even though that's supposed to be just for arcade stuff :P I'm really looking forward to getting this. Might be time to finally take a look at RB+ and see if I can do something software related.

And I was quite surprised to see that I got #61. Good timing for seeing the pre-order email and placing that order. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, productof76 said:

The countries of the European Union (Germany, France, Spain... and so on) will charge taxes on british products after brexit.

I will give example for the European countries who is not in European Union like the only two candidates for EU accession - Serbia and Montenegro. People there have to pay taxes 20% and customs 10% if value of package is over 50 EUR. This means you must pay 165 EUR for sd card and shipping + 5% PayPal fees, then taxes 20% and customs10%. This is about 227 EUR or 208 GBP. I do not belive in hard Brexit but everything is possible.

But there is always option to declare lower value of price on package :D

Edited by Rugar

23 minutes ago, Rugar said:

I will give example for the European countries who is not in European Union like the only two candidates for EU accession - Serbia and Montenegro. People there have to pay taxes 20% and customs 10% if value of package is over 50 EUR. This means you must pay 165 EUR for sd card and shipping + 5% PayPal fees, then taxes 20% and customs10%. This is about 227 EUR or 208 GBP. I do not belive in hard Brexit but everything is possible.

But there is always option to declare lower value of price on package :D

Not in Portugal....similar in taxes but we must show the bank account....

3 hours ago, productof76 said:

@phoenixdownita

So in my case I eventually would have to pay import duties in case of hard brexit.

For US buyers it will make no difference if there is a brexit or a hard brexit.

This is the extreme position. We would charge you guys import taxes and tariffs too. The UK economy is larger than the bottom 19 EU countries (of 27 in total). Currently Boris Johnson is in bluster negotiation mode. It will settle to a single market outcome IMO, as Germany will want to sell its cars to its largest European market (the UK), I assume ;-)

Germany is in recession. I doubt Merkel wants to worsen that situation, bottomline.

Personally, worst case, I'll buy local. Good for the UK economy and all that :-) Certainly, not buying foreign goods would improve the appalling trade imbalance the UK has. And we'll save the £37 billion divorce settlement with the EU (that a 'deal' would require). This is a complicated issue, not helped by having the worst politicians in 70 years. Even so, I'm hopeful a brinksmanship settlement will emerge.

Brexit is a distraction. What matters is the JagSD :-)

• Like 1

Did someone mention price and value?

Oscar Wilde had one of his characters say "a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing"

Price and value can be debatable... I'd love to have a philosophical discussion with the many post offices around the world re:value & price.  Some nutty retro collectors may well pay a price above what the average value of something is, like if it's the only one on ebay at the time....

So for postie, do we have to say value or price cos they're not the same?

I might have bought something for £20 but the seller doesn't know it's worth millions ?

I think the biggest thing is really do you want insurance and how much?

1 minute ago, grips03 said:

I meant to ship ~600. 

Oh!

Speaking from personal experience, it takes a fair amount of time to ship 600 packages, especially if most of them require you to fill out customs forms (even digital ones you can print).  I imagine these will be built and shipped in batches, though.

..Al

Oh also I know we don't want to get into politics, but in the Brexit issue it's possibly affecting commerce so I think we can discuss it.

I see people saying "When we leave the EU..." It should still be IF UK leaves....  Honestly it's been 3 years and there is no way of saying we (UK) will ever actually get out whether we want to or not! A lot of the politicians don't want a crash out no deal.  Boris says that will happen even if he has to suspend parliament and allow a crash out hard brexit.  Big news for Boris, it's a parliamentary democracy and he isn't a dictator of a banana republic.

With all the chaos there has been talk of a vote of no confidence in the Govt and then a temporary Govt of National Unity like in Wartime!

Some have even said we may have to appeal to the Queen if Boris does try to bypass parliament.  Last time someone tried to roll over Parliament, we chopped his head off, (Charles I, 30 January 1649) and I'm thinking of Boris' bonce here not her maj!

I don't think PayPal Credit is offered by default when a site takes PayPal.  I've had them call and email me telling me I can add it easily to the AtariAge Store, which is something I had forgotten about, so I need to follow up on that.  So I assume that's why PayPal Credit wasn't available..

..Al