IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

25 minutes ago, commander said:

@SainT
any time roadmap for the next batch?
Don't want to rush it up. Only want to know how many you will sent per week/month?

thanks for the great work you done for the Jaguar community

Have Fun

Just waiting on getting a good load of people saying "w00t, all good", then I'll order the next load of PCB's and cases. As I've mentioned before, they've been very well tested, but I'm just being cautious before committing lots of cash to the next batch. ;)

3 hours ago, SainT said:

Just waiting on getting a good load of people saying "w00t, all good", then I'll order the next load of PCB's and cases. As I've mentioned before, they've been very well tested, but I'm just being cautious before committing lots of cash to the next batch. ;)

All those who have their carts, you heard the man.  Get those reports in so the rest of us can get our carts ?

• Like 4

Mortified! Instead of seeing my JagSD Cart on my door step on my return from work today, I got a "We missed you" card from Royal Mail :( .  It needs a signature so I've rearranged delivery for Thursday, bummer!  Once I have it my report will be with you SainT :) Sorry, just wanted to share my pain with you guys! ;)

Edited by GoldenGraham
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SainT said:

Somehow that makes me feel better being so far down the the list. Let the early adopters be the guinea pigs! (Just kidding, I'm sure they're all well tested, as I'd hate to wait even longer for a new rev) ?

I'm pretty sure we all classify as early adopters, it's just the fast trigger fingers. I ordered a whole hour after the email was out and am a late bloomer lol.

Was the ability to navigate the menu with controller 2 and/or the spinner controller implemented? It was talked about long ago, but I hope I don't need to swap controllers out when playing Tempest! If not there's always updates!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pegoncology said:

I got mine today, perfect, thanks !

Does anyone have screenshots and cover folders for official games ?

They are over here --

(actually it's probably not what you meant, but grab them anyway!)

8 minutes ago, Hastor said:

Was the ability to navigate the menu with controller 2 and/or the spinner controller implemented? It was talked about long ago, but I hope I don't need to swap controllers out when playing Tempest! If not there's always updates!

No, using the spinner isn't really practical. I could certainly use pad 1 or 2 if that's useful.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, SainT said:

No, using the spinner isn't really practical. I could certainly use pad 1 or 2 if that's useful.

Sure, that was actually going to be my next suggestion. Unless the number pad has another use, there's plenty of buttons to simulate the dpad controls from there, and that would be even more useful than supporting controller 2 - though supporting controller 2 just in case port 1 needs to be used for some future thing might be useful too. I imagine keymapping would be easy to implement. Having it on the number pad would make it so I don't even need to keep a second controller connected, as I'm mostly playing single player. Either option beats physically swapping out the controller.

I just realized I'm assuming you meant keyPAD 1 or 2 (as in the 1 or 2 buttons), but maybe you meant dPAD 1 or 2 (as in either controller). I'd vote for both, with a preference on the keypad.

Also, are there any potential issues with 6 button controllers? Since they are backwards compatible with games I'm guessing they send the same data as the 3 button, with just 3 more buttons (if memory serves they might even be duplicating keypad buttons), but then things can be weird for no reason. I have one game for my Colecovision that goes haywire if you use a controller extension cord. I've tried 3 brands of 9-pin extension cable, or running it through the roller controller as an extension, and same thing every time. Also happens with non-official controllers - but only on that one game. Others have confirmed they experience the same. It happens whether I use the real cartridge or load it via flashcart. So I never know what's gonna cause problems in the delicate controller ports of gaming systems.

Edited by Hastor
  • Like 1

I assumed the spinner could cycle through the menu entries.  Just curious, what is the reason that precludes the spinner cycling clockwise->down / counter-clockwise->up the menu items?

Just re-checked and my controller has spinner and dpad so I'm good. The Spinner interestingly operates the Tempest menu as well as the dpad.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame