IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Mine is also showing stuck at Langley/Heathrow since like 1am Sunday or so. USPS seems to acknowledge the Royal Mail tracking number as being valid, but shows status unknown. Which leads me to believe they have not taken possession of it yet, but were somehow informed the package is on its way. Mail carrier was already here today, still nothing.

Royal Mail has no way of contacting them through email or Facebook for issues that I have found. Only a phone number. And I'm not calling international.

Edited by nick3092

1 hour ago, nick3092 said:

Mine is also showing stuck at Langley/Heathrow since like 1am Sunday or so. USPS seems to acknowledge the Royal Mail tracking number as being valid, but shows status unknown. Which leads me to believe they have not taken possession of it yet, but were somehow informed the package is on its way. Mail carrier was already here today, still nothing.

Royal Mail has no way of contacting them through email or Facebook for issues that I have found. Only a phone number. And I'm not calling international.

I've tried contacting RM many times about lost parcels, they have no idea what-so-ever. My usual experience with international post is it can take up-to 4 weeks, sometimes 6 in really bad cases. The fact some people had them in about 4 days is just nuts to me! I've never known it that fast to the US.

1 hour ago, SainT said:

I've tried contacting RM many times about lost parcels, they have no idea what-so-ever. My usual experience with international post is it can take up-to 4 weeks, sometimes 6 in really bad cases. The fact some people had them in about 4 days is just nuts to me! I've never known it that fast to the US.

The only thing to do now is wait. Odd that several of us in the US seem to be stuck, while several other people in the US received theirs almost 2 days ago.

For international tracked and signed (which is how this was sent), RM lists the following estimated delivery time:

Europe within 3-5 working days.
Rest of the world within 5-7 working days*

We are basically right in the middle/end of that time frame. Obviously that is just an estimate. And it may not include the recipient country's mail time as well.

They do offer the ability to report a lost international package, but it has to be something like 20 working days. Hopefully it starts moving soon and doesn't come to that though. 

Edited by nick3092
Typo
  • Like 1

Yep, 20 days before they take any interest. ?

I’m going to look into DHL, UPS and other couriers. While 95% of mail does actually show up, i’m finding it increasingly stressful when things start getting delayed or going missing. Especially as i’m starting to post out in larger numbers.

I order stuff from the UK / Poland, etc all the time, and I think the longest I've had something stuck in customs was about 6 weeks.  And of course anytime I tried emailing around to see if they could find it, the answer was 'customs has it, we don't deal with that.' and could I find a contact for customs?  Nope.  Most irritating thing though, is randomly it seems most international packages require a signature.

I can order 1,000 thing from Amazon and they'll just drop it on my porch, but a 20 dollar SCART cable from the UK?  Got to sign for that!

I once asked the post office if they had something like they apparently have in the UK, a lock box, that the delivery company can drop stuff into and scan that it was left in a secure location.  Nope, nothing like that in the US...

• Like 1

And I can’t find anything competitively priced so far as an alternative to the normal postal system. Looks like i’m going to have to remain slightly stressed about my mail getting delayed and going missing! Sucks.

Patience is a virtue, so they say!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leech said:

I once asked the post office if they had something like they apparently have in the UK, a lock box, that the delivery company can drop stuff into and scan that it was left in a secure location.  Nope, nothing like that in the US...

Sounds like a post office box to me...  Which you can get at any post office.  This works for any packages that are delivered via UPS, which would cover most anything sent internationally, unless it was sent via DHL, FedEx or UPS explicitly, which is rare and generally much more expensive.

..Al

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Albert said:

Sounds like a post office box to me...  Which you can get at any post office.  This works for any packages that are delivered via UPS, which would cover most anything sent internationally, unless it was sent via DHL, FedEx or UPS explicitly, which is rare and generally much more expensive.

..Al

Yeah, but then I actually have to go to the post office.  Can't remember where I found it at, but in essence it's a box where you can drop something in, and it has a bar code they can scan to show it was delivered.  Definitely would be convenient. 

You can get a P.O. box at pretty much any of the Mailbox places too, but the convenience of being able to just open a box at my front door would be nice :)

I didn't realize you were talking about a box at your house.  That would be nice, especially with all the porch pirates in the US these days stealing packages.  I almost never have anything delivered directly to my house, only really large items like pallets of shipping boxes, Cray supercomputers, airplane parts, arcade games, rocket engines, and miniature horses. 

..Al

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

I didn't realize you were talking about a box at your house.  That would be nice, especially with all the porch pirates in the US these days stealing packages.  I almost never have anything delivered directly to my house, only really large items like pallets of shipping boxes, Cray supercomputers, airplane parts, arcade games, rocket engines, and miniature horses. 

..Al

I want to party at Al's house!  (is now imagining riding miniature horses with rocket engines strapped to them).

Edited by leech
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Albert said:

..Al

Who is your miniature horse vendor?  I haven't been able to find one that ships.

The worst wait I’ve had for stuff is when I bought my Falcon from a guy in Poland a number of years ago. The tracking purely said it had been shipped but there was nothing else to say what had happened to it. It turns out it sat at Heathrow for about 8 weeks before getting to me. The guy who posted it and I were pretty sure it had been ‘lost’ enroute until it suddenly arrived. He’d started a claim with the polish post service by this point! Pretty stressful but thankfully a happy outcome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Any chance a batch of JagSDs would be made available to purchase via the AA store?

As ever, if I can clear the backlog, I'm happy to supply resellers! The biggest issue is making enough stock to get to this point. I'm making a concerted effort to make this happen at the moment, however... :)

• Like 5

On 8/25/2019 at 5:41 PM, SainT said:

Lol, indeed, it’s extreme exaggeration to prove a point. If it was kept in the realms of reality it wouldn’t be extreme exaggeration.

Quite honestly though, this country grinds to a halt at the first sign of snow!

I love how I've triggered everyone ?

Ok snowflakes.

I’m sorry. 

The entire country does grind to a halt over one snowflake. 

Shame they aren't of the weather variety.

Maybe then the country could plough through.