IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

12 minutes ago, waiwainl said:

Where did you see that? 

I have posted about it in a few places, I think it's 84 to be pedantic. ;)

But also, if you see how your pre-order queue place has changed from the original email to now, this will also tell you.

Wrt AirCars, "teh ROMz" I had found had to be byteswapped to work (on VJ at the time).

Under Linux (or WSL) any distro you can use "dd /swab  ....." to achieve the expected result.

(if your file starts with hex F6 you should be good)

I do not know if there are 2 ROM formats (byteswapped, aka 16bit little/big endian) just happened to notice AirCars "peculiarity" in the pack I had found a few years back.

I do not have a JagSD to test the byteswapped image, so just throwing it out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Mother... f...

Did I miss this? I thought there was a list? I know I've posted in here a few times. Can someone tell me how to order this? Or do I need to read through 114 pages? Thanks. Would super appreciate it if someone was awesome enough to PM me.

PM not needed - look up 2 posts above yours :)

8 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Mother... f...

Did I miss this? I thought there was a list? I know I've posted in here a few times. Can someone tell me how to order this? Or do I need to read through 114 pages? Thanks. Would super appreciate it if someone was awesome enough to PM me.

Oh... I see.. lol. Oh well... PayPal is not working for me... and since the site doesn't accept CC without PayPal... I'll have to wait 5 months if it's still available. 

It's been a busy weekend, so I forgot to post, but my JagSD arrived on Saturday. I was #61, if that helps anyone know where they might be at in receiving theirs.

I uploaded the latest firmware, and put on a few games, finding that it's working great! So far no issues - although I only was able to test a few games out really quick, nothing substantial.

Thanks again Saint, just like the LynxSD, it's a quality product.

GBP is $1.20, was $1.45 before the shenanigans. Once the shenanigans are over I'd expect Sterling to return to previous levels. The end date for the current mess is unclear though, as we have the worst politicians for 100 years. Imagine if Chamberlain had returned from Munich but there had been no Churchill to take on Hitler? Unfortunately all our politicians are Chamberlains nowadays.

But enough of that :-)

I know it's not usually done to talk of roms, but where can they be obtained in the appropriate format? Are we allowed to ask or does such discussion require end-to-end encryption in a darkened room? ;-) 

28 minutes ago, Pinballs said:

I know it's not usually done to talk of roms, but where can they be obtained in the appropriate format? Are we allowed to ask or does such discussion require end-to-end encryption in a darkened room? ;-) 

Google knows! Google knows everything.

Format wise, anything you can find is likely to be OK (ROM, JAG, J64), however there are plenty of bad dumps out there. If the screen goes red with the familiar Jaguar roar when you try and load a ROM, its bad. Mmmkay.

• Like 2

Are payments via Paypal supposed to show as "Pending" (I ordered on the first day you could) still until the cartridge ships?  I'm in no huge rush...I just want to make sure my order doesn't accidentally sit there!!

Thanks Saint, you're amazing. And a lot of people around here are pretty swell too :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amerika said:

Are payments via Paypal supposed to show as "Pending" (I ordered on the first day you could) still until the cartridge ships?  I'm in no huge rush...I just want to make sure my order doesn't accidentally sit there!!

Thanks Saint, you're amazing. And a lot of people around here are pretty swell too :)

Yes, they will show as pending in PayPal until I take payment. I don't do this until I have a cart to ship! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SainT said:

Yes, they will show as pending in PayPal until I take payment. I don't do this until I have a cart to ship! :)

Any chance I can pay via PayPal with CC? I can do that with Carl's site. Your site requires me to log in. But, my account is blocked because I'm... well... in a 3rd world country for 6 months and it immediately thought I was a malicious login attempt. I can't exactly call them and fix it. Anything you can do to allow guest payments?

12 minutes ago, lhurgoyf said:

Well, I was lucky and got order #62, however, it appears I am unlucky with the shipping fairy as it has been sitting in Heathrow customs for over a week now with no movement. I hope they decide to get on and do their job sorting mail sometime soon.

You know there's someone in customs just finally getting to play that one game he was missing in his Jag collection!

2 hours ago, lhurgoyf said:

Well, I was lucky and got order #62, however, it appears I am unlucky with the shipping fairy as it has been sitting in Heathrow customs for over a week now with no movement. I hope they decide to get on and do their job sorting mail sometime soon.

Mine was stuck at Heathrow for a week or so and today it shows that it's in the USA already gone through custom so it doesn't update until it goes through customs at least for me.

• Like 1