IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

3 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Any chance I can pay via PayPal with CC? I can do that with Carl's site. Your site requires me to log in. But, my account is blocked because I'm... well... in a 3rd world country for 6 months and it immediately thought I was a malicious login attempt. I can't exactly call them and fix it. Anything you can do to allow guest payments?

It may not allow guest payments because of your location, perhaps? I thought it should allow you to do so, to be honest -- I find PayPal just does what it wants half the time. You may be able to use a proxy service to make it appear you are in the US (or wherever you normally are) and use it normally. I only accept PayPal at the moment, so there's not much else I can do. :(

3 hours ago, lhurgoyf said:

Well, I was lucky and got order #62, however, it appears I am unlucky with the shipping fairy as it has been sitting in Heathrow customs for over a week now with no movement. I hope they decide to get on and do their job sorting mail sometime soon.

I find it so bizarre some packages fly through shipping from the UK to the USA in a matter of 2-3 days, and others seem to take weeks to leave the country even. It's absolutely nuts. It's like half the bags just get lost for a week... :(

2 minutes ago, SainT said:

I find it so bizarre some packages fly through shipping from the UK to the USA in a matter of 2-3 days, and others seem to take weeks to leave the country even. It's absolutely nuts. It's like half the bags just get lost for a week... :(

if there's anything I've learned about international shipping, it's not consistent at all.  It would be bizarre to me if suddenly it was consistent. :D

..Al

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Albert said:

if there's anything I've learned about international shipping, it's not consistent at all.  It would be bizarre to me if suddenly it was consistent. :D

..Al

But packages to the same destination... delivered in the same post bag... leaving the country or origin weeks apart... WHY! WHY OH WHY!!

Completely agree though, it's so inconsistent its amazing!

4 hours ago, leech said:

You know there's someone in customs just finally getting to play that one game he was missing in his Jag collection!

I'd like to imagine that is what has happened rather than just being RNG'd into the bucket of packages to let sit in a corner somewhere for 2 weeks to see if it explodes.

I'm in the US and recently had a package held up in customs for the first time in ages, coming from the UK. It was through DHL and only 2 days after the original delivery date, but arrived covered inside and out with 'opened and resealed by customs' tape. I've been ordering from the UK regularly for a long time, from these projects, kickstarters, and I order from Amazon UK often enough. Not to mention other orders I get from Ukrain, Japan, Spain, China, etc.

This was first for me though, and was just for a book on computer Role Playing Games (did they assume the weapon abbreviation when they saw RPG?). I think it was likely a random search of an entire shipping container, but still, after over a decade of international ordering, that's the first for me, and was just a month or two ago.

Edited by Hastor

5 hours ago, SainT said:

But packages to the same destination... delivered in the same post bag... leaving the country or origin weeks apart... WHY! WHY OH WHY!!

Completely agree though, it's so inconsistent its amazing!

Yeah this is the first time a shipment from the UK has taken this long. Not your fault I know but its a nail biter. Mine has been in LANGLEY HWDC since the 24th...BAH

3 hours ago, Hastor said:

I'm in the US and recently had a package held up in customs for the first time in ages, coming from the UK. It was through DHL and only 2 days after the original delivery date, but arrived covered inside and out with 'opened and resealed by customs' tape. I've been ordering from the UK regularly for a long time, from these projects, kickstarters, and I order from Amazon UK often enough. Not to mention other orders I get from Ukrain, Japan, Spain, China, etc.

This was first for me though, and was just for a book on computer Role Playing Games (did they assume the weapon abbreviation when they saw RPG?). I think it was likely a random search of an entire shipping container, but still, after over a decade of international ordering, that's the first for me, and was just a month or two ago.

I remember Paypal holding up my order due to ordering MTE-201.  Perhaps it is something other than an Intellivision test cartridge?

On 9/1/2019 at 9:27 PM, phoenixdownita said:

Wrt AirCars, "teh ROMz" I had found had to be byteswapped to work (on VJ at the time).

Under Linux (or WSL) any distro you can use "dd /swab  ....." to achieve the expected result.

(if your file starts with hex F6 you should be good)

I do not know if there are 2 ROM formats (byteswapped, aka 16bit little/big endian) just happened to notice AirCars "peculiarity" in the pack I had found a few years back.

I do not have a JagSD to test the byteswapped image, so just throwing it out there.

It appears the byteswapped rom works ;-)

2 hours ago, Gummy Bear said:

Have US customs at least stopped randomly drilling holes in people's items?

Have they really done that and not just to the box?  Never heard that one before.  Although I can almost see doing it to the box to put a scope in it.  You know see what is in there short of opening everything up and re-boxing it.

The same thing has happened with Terraonion in Spain. No progress with Customs there since 23rd August due to the large number of MegaSDs they are shipping at once. I’m one of them ?

This is with DHL too rather than State-owned, dare I say it less efficient postal services, although I guess DHL just has to wait for Customs like everyone else...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pinballs said:

The same thing has happened with Terraonion in Spain. No progress with Customs there since 23rd August due to the large number of MegaSDs they are shipping at once. I’m one of them ?

This is with DHL too rather than State-owned, dare I say it less efficient postal services, although I guess DHL just has to wait for Customs like everyone else...

Actually, although the Terraonion guys are Spanish, they are shipping from Andorra now. Andorra is in Europe and has a strong relationship to Spain/Catalonia and France, but it's not in the EU, so *everything* goes through customs. I received the Mega SD last week, if it helps, and I live in Spain a few hundred kms from Andorra (and I had to pay a lot of fees - VAT + administrative fees). Not nice, really, as I purchased the SD Super System 3 before and they did ship from Spain (so no customs involved for me or the EU) :-(.

38 minutes ago, mmora said:

Actually, although the Terraonion guys are Spanish, they are shipping from Andorra now. Andorra is in Europe and has a strong relationship to Spain/Catalonia and France, but it's not in the EU, so *everything* goes through customs. I received the Mega SD last week, if it helps, and I live in Spain a few hundred kms from Andorra (and I had to pay a lot of fees - VAT + administrative fees). Not nice, really, as I purchased the SD Super System 3 before and they did ship from Spain (so no customs involved for me or the EU) :-(.

Did they redund you the taxes (VAT) that you pay directly to them? if not, you are paying twice those taxes

I just checked my invoice, VAT was not charged so ignore what i said.

Edited by Mmm

1 hour ago, Hastor said:

I'm still waiting on mine too go to shipped status from terraonion. Ordered on 8/15. Wonder which will get here first? Any bets? Lol

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.  I ordered mine quite a while ago and DHL still shows it as having no tracking information!  Ordered mine on 7/21, got shipping information on 8/12 saying it'll take 3 weeks...

Edited by leech

I get the no tracking information message too. And now I understand why there are Customs charges despite being in Europe.

I guess Customs are ensuring every single package gets appropriate paperwork & charged, hence causing a delay. Bless their cotton socks.... Not a tax haven in this regard is it?? 

37 minutes ago, Pinballs said:

I get the no tracking information message too. And now I understand why there are Customs charges despite being in Europe.

I guess Customs are ensuring every single package gets appropriate paperwork & charged, hence causing a delay. Bless their cotton socks.... Not a tax haven in this regard is it?? 

Not to derail the topic, but just as an FYI as several people have mentioned waiting for their TO package. On Discord they stated earlier today they hope to have all remaining orders in the hands of DHL by the end of the week. So it's just up to customs. Which it sounds like they have upped from clearing 45 packages a day to 90 very recently. So, shouldn't be too much longer.

And back on topic (like others), my JagSD is still in purgatory, I mean Heathrow for a week and half now. Sigh. 

34 minutes ago, Pinballs said:

Not a tax haven in this regard is it??  

Not for us, but for them it should be, as Andorra has much lower taxes (although it used to be even more extreme). VAT is 4,5% in general and corporate tax is 10% at most. So well, to be fair, if they shipped from Spain they should charge 21% more (the VAT) (approx 50€) but at least we could save the unfair and absurd administrative costs (in the case of Spain, almost 40€ derived of the "paperwork" to make me pay 50€). Whatever.

Well, this is off-topic, I guess, but seeing how many Mega SD customers are here, I'll give you my timings: preordered on the 17th of June, Package in Transit 3rd of August, Order sent to DHL 12th of August, tracking was available on the 26th/27th of August, when DHL called me to confirm the contents of the package, gave an estimation of import costs and proceeded to "free" the package. It arrived in a couple days afterwards. Hope this helps!

Meanwhile, also waiting for the next batch of Jaguar SD (I'm on the high 300s!).

2 minutes ago, nick3092 said:

Not to derail the topic, but just as an FYI as several people have mentioned waiting for their TO package. On Discord they stated earlier today they hope to have all remaining orders in the hands of DHL by the end of the week. So it's just up to customs. Which it sounds like they have upped from clearing 45 packages a day to 90 very recently. So, shouldn't be too much longer.

And back on topic (like others), my JagSD is still in purgatory, I mean Heathrow for a week and half now. Sigh. 

It's a RACE!  Which one will win?  The JagSD that we have waited so very long for, or the Mega SD which some of us may already have Genesis/Mega Drive solutions....