IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

1 hour ago, awbacon said:

Thanks! Ill be sure to get in line on a pre-order. Wanted to do a season on the Jaguar but wanted to cover the CD hardware/software as well, and was not into buying actual CD hardware and crossing my fingers it worked. This’ll do nicely!

While it's been mentioned a hundred times here, making sure you did know that CD support isn't currently implemented and there are no promises. It sounds likely it will support some if not all at some point, but nothing definite yet.

Edited by Hastor

1 hour ago, Hastor said:

While it's been mentioned a hundred times here, making sure you did know that CD support isn't currently implemented and there are no promises. It sounds likely it will support some if not all at some point, but nothing definite yet.

From the reports of beta testers some of them worked, but I don't know if that is the shipped firmware or not.  I assume others that already have their carts can report.

Why do you assume that Europe will accept that you, UK, reschedule the Brexit?

i  don’t know if you can or not, but here in Portugal there are already some alerts to UK citizens that after the 31st of October they are not legal to stay here unless they ask a visa...

brexit or no brexit...I just care really about the jagsd :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mmm said:

Why do you assume that Europe will accept that you, UK, reschedule the Brexit?

i  don’t know if you can or not, but here in Portugal there are already some alerts to UK citizens that after the 31st of October they are not legal to stay here unless they ask a visa...

brexit or no brexit...I just care really about the jagsd :) 

Likewise, lol. Had enough of this bunch of clowns who couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery trying to run a country.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SainT said:

Likewise, lol. Had enough of this bunch of clowns who couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery trying to run a country.

Now the question is, how many people have organized a pissup in a brewery?  (being from the United States, this sounds like someone drinking a lot and seeing who can pee the furthest).

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, leech said:

Now the question is, how many people have organized a pissup in a brewery?  (being from the United States, this sounds like someone drinking a lot and seeing who can pee the furthest).

"To get pissed" means to get drunk.  So, if one cannot "organize a pissup in a brewery", it means they cannot get people drunk when completely surrounded by alcohol.

53 minutes ago, Stephen said:

"To get pissed" means to get drunk.  So, if one cannot "organize a pissup in a brewery", it means they cannot get people drunk when completely surrounded by alcohol.

Ha, I knew that, that's why I specified to being from America.  American English is sorely lacking in some of the fantastic phrases that proper English has.  That's the price we paid for our escape from the clutches of the crown.  :P

Edit: as a bit of a fun story, about 2 decades  ago, I was at this party where the bartender was British.  After some time drinking, he said to me, "I'm so f***ing pissed!" and my drunken brain thought "Really, you look super happy to me!" then remembered!

Edited by leech
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, leech said:

Ha, I knew that, that's why I specified to being from America.  American English is sorely lacking in some of the fantastic phrases that proper English has.  That's the price we paid for our escape from the clutches of the crown.  :P

Edit: as a bit of a fun story, about 2 decades  ago, I was at this party where the bartender was British.  After some time drinking, he said to me, "I'm so f***ing pissed!" and my drunken brain thought "Really, you look super happy to me!" then remembered!

Sorry about that:)  Never know who gets the slang.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Sorry about that:)  Never know who gets the slang.

No worries, I'd never heard the phrase pissup in a brewery, so could only guess what it meant (was dead on really, but had to make the joke).  Great differences like 'lift' vs 'elevator' and such.  Thank the lack of parental care, that I was raised on British comedies to know the differences :)

• Haha 1

If I can be forgiven diverting this thread a little, I'd like to ask SainT a question about Brexit.  Being from the other side of the Atlantic, the only info I can get on it comes from the press, and if the British press is anything like the American press you can't really trust half of what they write.  I've tried balancing the liberal and conservative articles out to sift the truth, but both are prognosticating doom if they don't get their way.  So I wanted to get the perspective of a real person involved in real international commerce what the impact of a no-deal Brexit on 31 October might actually be.  Specifically I mean, how does it impact you, your ability to make and sell things etc... It seems like you're pretty sure the PM is not going to get his way and that there will be another delay (which is time for the opposition to work on killing it altogether), and I'm also curious where that confidence comes from.  This stuff barely affects me but I can't help but be fascinated by it because my country was once part of England.  Oh, and if this is one of those things that's super polarizing and people will hate you for choosing a side or offering an opinion, I won't take it personally if you tell me to piss off.

Edited by samson7point1
  • Like 1

Absolutely no-one has any idea what-so-ever! The general consensus is that the "no deal" brexit is bad, however the EU wont agree on anything to our benefit, so its stalemate. But the EU rely on the UK heavily as its the second largest importer within the EU of other EU exports, so to be quite honest, a no deal will screw over the EU heavily as well.

So, yeah, sod knows.

For production I deal with the UK and China, so no problem there. Quite where my UK shell producer gets its raw materials from, however, I'm unsure. However China is always a fair bet... ;)

So for me, I don't think it will make a great deal of odds, other than if the entire of Europe decide they don't want to pay the import duty on UK products. However other non-EU countries have no problem dealing with me. As much as import duty is a complete ass.

I'll go back to my original statement. Absolutely no-one has any idea what-so-ever! ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SainT said:

Absolutely no-one has any idea what-so-ever! The general consensus is that the "no deal" brexit is bad, however the EU wont agree on anything to our benefit, so its stalemate. But the EU rely on the UK heavily as its the second largest importer within the EU of other EU exports, so to be quite honest, a no deal will screw over the EU heavily as well.

So, yeah, sod knows.

For production I deal with the UK and China, so no problem there. Quite where my UK shell producer gets its raw materials from, however, I'm unsure. However China is always a fair bet... ;)

So for me, I don't think it will make a great deal of odds, other than if the entire of Europe decide they don't want to pay the import duty on UK products. However other non-EU countries have no problem dealing with me. As much as import duty is a complete ass.

I'll go back to my original statement. Absolutely no-one has any idea what-so-ever! ;)

So it IS just like the US. :)

On 9/19/2019 at 4:01 PM, Stephen said:

Oh bollocks.  I have 327 of you wankers ahead of me for this brilliant piece of kit.  I'll pass the time by taking a lift to my flat to shag a bird in the boot of my lorry and Bob's your uncle!  Um what are we talking about again?  :P  I'm easily confused as a inarticulate colonist.  ;) 

Edited by schnuth
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, schnuth said:

Oh bollocks.  I have 327 of you wankers ahead of me for this brilliant piece of kit.  I'll pass the time by taking a lift to my flat to shag a bird in the boot of my lorry and Bob's your uncle!  Um what are we talking about again?  :P  I'm easily confused as a inarticulate colonist.  ;) 

I'm from the US and actually got most of that.  :D

On 9/19/2019 at 9:01 PM, Stephen said:

Not quite, someone who 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery' is a bit useless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really looking forward to Saint's cart, and hoping reasonably priced ROMs will show up of recent years homebrews.

And while I don't want to get political, I do feel there are many uninformed that really don't understand why anyone would like to leave EU, or why the deal on he table is unpalatable...   Don't click if you don't want the red pill.

Edited by Albert
Removed political crap.