IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I'd like to know roughly when to expect the next batch to be charged to us. Knowing if it's going be before it after the last of the month (payday) would be great info that will affect how I spend money otherwise until then lol. If you're unsure, no big deal. I can resist my other temptations for a few days.

If you are looking for a reseller in the USA SAG seems to be a good starting point.

I bought a few things by him and never had an issue, I used to dismiss his work on customization until I tried to make myself a couple of shells for flashcarts and gained a whole new appreciation.

Anyhow Brexit is close and so far the GBP is back up 5% on the USD ... my little gambit seems like it may not pay off after all ;-)

SainT any news about progress for CD support. I see you start some new projects and there is not to much news about JagGD developement in last month, and i just afraid did CD support is on hold on, or it is abandoned? Now i'm in a big dilemma, should i still hope and wait or buy a Jaguar CD addon.

6 minutes ago, Rugar said:

SainT any news about progress for CD support. I see you start some new projects and there is not to much news about JagGD developement in last month, and i just afraid did CD support is on hold on, or it is abandoned? Now i'm in a big dilemma, should i still hope and wait or buy a Jaguar CD addon.

Seems like someone should make a SD to CD drive replacement board instead. That way you could just use original CD expantions with .iso / .img files on an SD card like others have done with other consoles.

I was wondering if CD support is capable of being added with a firmware update or would it need a hardware revision for the JagGD cart.

It would be a little upsetting if it became neccessary to buy a second JagGD cart if CD support became available at a later date.

However the work on the new revision of the LynxGD looks Awesome!. I am tempted to buy a second card if they become available.

Excellent work Saint. Thankyou for enriching my life...

I was wondering if CD support is capable of being added with a firmware update or would it need a hardware revision for the JagGD cart.

It would be a little upsetting if it became neccessary to buy a second JagGD cart if CD support became available at a later date.

However the work on the new revision of the LynxGD looks Awesome!. I am tempted to buy a second card if they become available.

Excellent work Saint. Thankyou for enriching my life...

If it happens, it will be a firmware update. "If" it happens.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

Yes. It's just too much work to handle by myself. I've been trying to figure out how I can scale things up for a while, and I've decided I just cant do it by myself. So for the moment I've had enough, it's just too much hassle for not a lot of money. Up until now I've been doing this because I enjoy it. I now no longer enjoy it. :(

I'm going to see if I can get someone else on-board to take over the hardware side of things, then hopefully I can get back to the designing and making, which I do enjoy.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

As much as I would have loved to get it (just two numbers from my turn on the now cancelled list), I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it knowing it would have been at the expense of your health. You are doing the right thing. Take it from someone who's been close to burn out - you NEED to think of yourself and make your wellbeing your only priority. Take some time off. Spend time with friends. Breathe. Laugh. Take long walks. Make sure you feel better. Ask for help - and people will help you. I hope you will be able to get back to what you love to do eventually. Take care. 

• Like 3

SainT > Having been involved in similar situations, I can certainly empathize. Taking care of your health is the first priority.

Could you tell us which parts you are looking to outsource to someone else? (i.e. manufacturing, handling payments, shipping, etc.)

While I can't handle the whole thing myself (I own an electronics service company, but it focuses on design, not mass manufacturing), I can act as a technical advisor to someone else, and sign an NDA if you wish. In particular, try contacting Albert, who handles the AtariAge store.

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 8

42 minutes ago, SainT said:

Yes. It's just too much work to handle by myself. I've been trying to figure out how I can scale things up for a while, and I've decided I just cant do it by myself. So for the moment I've had enough, it's just too much hassle for not a lot of money. Up until now I've been doing this because I enjoy it. I now no longer enjoy it. :(

I'm going to see if I can get someone else on-board to take over the hardware side of things, then hopefully I can get back to the designing and making, which I do enjoy.

Healthy thought. Darksoft and Apocalypse are doing the same. I believe Professor Abrasive is also taking his time to sort out the manufacturing part. Perhaps have a chat with them, see how they do it. 

• Like 1