IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

I really hope you can sort things out in a way that shows you to have fun and others to appreciate all you've done!

Just to be clear, this applies to existing orders including the next batch you'd gotten boards for? While there's nothing is rather spend my money on, if it has been canceled and I'll need to order again, I won't keep that much tucked away in my account waiting on this order for now. If it keeps me on a list I'll hold it though :)

Good luck in figuring it a solution for this (and 7800).

Edited by Hastor

I'd just like to clarify this is NOT the end of anything I've done, it's just time to regroup and reconsider how to actually handle this. I'm basically trying to juggle design, development, sales, support, manufacture, packaging, shipping, and much more besides. It's just not possible by myself, and regardless of what people seem to think, it's not some amazing money making scheme. Relatively I get FAR more money from the little contracting work I also do, and that is FAR less work and stress.

The bit I am good at is design and development of new devices. I want to be able to concentrate my time in that area and not physically making and shipping. I will sort something out, but I need a break... !

• Like 13

1 hour ago, SlangeUG said:

I can’t believe I’ve literally been waiting over 3 years and now it’s gone. I’m crushed.

You should to try spending 3 years developing a product, sometimes spending 12 hours a day working on it. ;)

Seriously though, everything I have made WILL continue, I just need to figure out how. This is not giving up, it's getting support.

• Like 7

Hi sainT i understands everyone need a break in life at some point especially if i dont enjoy what i are doing..... im glad to read that the project is not dead i been waiting for years for this devise.... i just have 1 question i was 90 on the waiting list, will i have to re-order when the project restart or we keep our spot.

NANUK

• Like 2

I'd guess since he doesn't know how the new ordering week even work that he can't promise anything at this point. I'm glad to hear that it is proceeding, but worth a slowdown for health. If only big developers would do the same for the people they burn out.

It does sound like it's cancelled for now even for #1 on the current list. Should we receive anything from retrohq or PayPal showing a cancellation?

• Like 2

At the moment the authorisations are still active, however they don't impact on your PayPal account in any way. But as has always been the case, nothing is charged unless I have a product to ship. As I say, I'm figuring out what to do. Things are cancelled in as much as I dont want constant emails asking me when people will get their carts. Things may just progress with existing orders, they may not, I just don't know.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Just progress slowly.  Set a limit per week @SainT and don't do any more than that.  You have to balance work and life to be happy.  Don't put too much pressure on yourself.

If you do things slowly, it's not good either. Lack of supply, mildly pissed people having to wait, you can literally not win.

18 minutes ago, SainT said:

If you do things slowly, it's not good either. Lack of supply, mildly pissed people having to wait, you can literally not win.

SainT,

Really appreciate all your efforts on this and I love my Lynx SD cart.  Don't worry about what anyone says and don't feel rushed to have an answer for anyone.  You take a break and do what you want when you want.  The Jaguar has been around for 26 years so people can just keep waiting.  

Edited by ginoscope
  • Like 3

Saint - good you are stepping back to ensure things can move forward in a healthy manner.  You cant please all the people all the time, but you need to make sure you take care of yourself first.  Theres a number of hardware folks around here and am hopeful one of them can step in.  Lotherk has done some good stuff on the 8bit side and runs a store as a suggestion.

Good luck in your search but make sure you take care of yourself first.

• Like 2

@waiwainl I understood the project wasn't canceled and was mostly referring to his statement on twitter that 'all orders have been canceled'. I wasn't sure if that referring to the ability to place new orders, or the list we're already on etc. Sounds like he's still figuring it out and that's fine. I'm happy to keep the money on hand for this when it happens, and re-order if needed. I would be in the next batch which he'd ordered parts for so I was a little curious if that was happening.

Of course I fully support any delays needed for health or any other reason - it's your project. I'm just going to pass along good wishes for now, and don't want to bug SainT any further about status. I'm sure others will ask long before I would, but for now I think just waiting for an update from his side will be the best for all of us, and allow him to rest as well as figure things out rather than answering the same things a bunch.

Thanks again SainT, and I'm still really enjoying the Lynx and NGPC carts!

Edited by Hastor

I'd be surprised if the 80 or so people that got one, and were that fast to hop on the pre-order, would be so willing to part with theirs! I think they actually want it, and people paying that much attention to pre-order so fast are probably regular members of the community where we frown on such things. They also likely have one that says 'SD' instead of 'GD' making it a little more special. Also there's still more coming, it is just a wait (though I guess everyone browsing ebay might not know that, they also wouldn't know that 'SD' made it special). I suppose a bad apple or two could have slipped through, but let's hope not! The ones with it were super fast, I ordered exactly 1 hour after the announcement and ended up in the high 200s.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mmm said:

I wonder if this has nothing to do about what that 0711spiele guy said 

Indirectly. As much as he's a cunt, there is fact behind his abhorrent nature and behavior. There's just so much involved when you start to try and do things at a larger scale, the more you look, the more you see. It gets to a point you just think "fuck it". It's not something I can tackle by myself.

And to be quite honest, when you find people like that out there trying to actively fuck you over, you wonder why the hell you bother. As I have mentioned, as much as everyone seems to think it's a license to print money selling "super expensive" hardware, I earnt more a decade ago than I do now doing this. I've largely been doing this because I enjoy doing it and I needed a more flexible and relaxed way of life due to chronic illness over the last few years, and its nice being part of a community and contributing to what you enjoy.

When you encounter people like cunt-face over there, it makes you wonder why you bother. I'm in a situation I can return to earning more and doing less and with considerably less stress via other means at the moment, so hence I'm looking at ways of both increasing production / availability and reducing the load on myself.

• Like 20

5 hours ago, SainT said:

You should to try spending 3 years developing a product, sometimes spending 12 hours a day working on it. ;)

Seriously though, everything I have made WILL continue, I just need to figure out how. This is not giving up, it's getting support.

I understand that, but you must understand the crushing feeling of people in my situation who spent quite a bit of money on a Jaguar and saved for this JagSD. If I have to wait another year, so be it but please understand people who are disappointed like me aren’t disrespecting you or dismissing your health. Personally I was just very excited, especially after all the build up and hype, and when you feel like it’s so close then it’s cancelled, it’s a depressing feeling. Take care. Hopefully someday we can all play some Jaguar games, because the resale community makes it impossible for someone like me to play those games. Take care of yourself.

Edited by SlangeUG
  • Like 1

Did I miss something that made it change from Jaguar SD to Game Drive? 

Anyhow, yeah just ignore the cunt-faces of the world.  Ha, why when I think that, I think of the Predator?  Hopefully you can figure out the non-design stuff going forward, since there are definitely other projects you've mentioned you want to design that you need your health / sanity for that I'd be interested in getting!  I'd agree with others, see if AtariAge or Songbird can help with the manufacturing / shipping stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, waiwainl said:

Healthy thought. Darksoft and Apocalypse are doing the same. I believe Professor Abrasive is also taking his time to sort out the manufacturing part. Perhaps have a chat with them, see how they do it. 

Good Lord talk to anyone but him!  That guy is hands down the worst homebrew project manager I've ever seen. 

6 hours ago, SainT said:

I'd just like to clarify this is NOT the end of anything I've done, it's just time to regroup and reconsider how to actually handle this. I'm basically trying to juggle design, development, sales, support, manufacture, packaging, shipping, and much more besides. It's just not possible by myself, and regardless of what people seem to think, it's not some amazing money making scheme. Relatively I get FAR more money from the little contracting work I also do, and that is FAR less work and stress.

The bit I am good at is design and development of new devices. I want to be able to concentrate my time in that area and not physically making and shipping. I will sort something out, but I need a break... !

As much as I am disappointed by the news, I am 100% not surprised.  Frankly with 3 different products, each being designed/redesigned, manufacturing and selling/shipping, I often wondered how you were doing this at all!  Honestly, ikari_01 had it right when he off-loaded everything to Krikzz.  In comparison, the PSIO guys are still doing it themselves and they take way too long to fulfill orders.  I am not sure how you wish to do it, but my recommendation would be to speak with those who are actively producing stuff in large quantities like say Insurrection Industries (https://twitter.com/Insurrection33).  I've seen people mentioning Stone Age Gamer to you on Twitter; however, SAG don't really get anything manufactured, they're more distribution. 

• Like 1